Shofur Reviews | Glassdoor

Armir Mehmeti

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shofur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a lot of potential. They are leaders in the bus space and it is a very easy to sell because the competition they have doesn’t provide nearly the same quality of service. Management is understanding and forward looking as well.

Cons

The company is growing very fast. They are very picky on the hires and I believe they are leaving money on the table by not capitalizing on all leads.

Advice to Management

Great job. Keep up the growth!

"Great Management & Open Minded Environment!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shofur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Shofur is an established startup. The company has had tremendous growth throughout the years and is still growing. Management is great especially on the marketing side. The CEO is tenacious and all about growth. Great environment and great energy.

Cons

Work hours can be long and stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. We feel very productive and safe under your wings.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shofur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Shofur has a tremendous amount of growth and opportunities, the work environment is full of energy and excitement.

Cons

We need more trash cans in the office and more free food. lol

Advice to Management

Thank you for providing a cool and cutting edge workplace. At this point I only have great things to say about my time at Shofur.

4. "Fast Pace Growing Company"

I worked at Shofur full-time

Pros

Shofur is one of the fastest growing companies in Atlanta. You always work on new projects. You will be tested but it is a great way to learn. No two days are the same. Compensation is good.

Cons

It is very fast pace environment. It is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep moving.

"Unethical and difficult to work with. Not a place to stay long."

I worked at Shofur full-time

Pros

Because of the relatively small size of the company, it's easy to communicate directly with the C-levels; often, they even listen. The benefits are quite decent, pay is fair, and office is beautiful.

Cons

The company operates in an extremely dishonest manner (including directing employees to leave positive Glassdoor reviews every time someone leaves a poor review). This "review scheming" is rampant in all parts of the company, with most of the company's positive PR bought from overseas (Facebook reviews, etc). In fact, it's actually quite rare for them to land a repeat sale because of their keep-the-money-at-all-costs attitude. That dishonesty affects employees, too. Not only can they not always trust the information they're being given (especially when it comes to promises about advancement potential), but it can also be demoralizing to participate in screwing your customers over every day.

The way the company is run is actually kind of spastic and unstrategic, with very little data-driven decision-making. The company leadership likes to think of these day-to-day directional shifts as "quick-moving" or "agile", but they're really just indicative of a total lack of understanding of the market. (In fact, leaders in the company have expressed that gathering expansive data on customers is "a waste of time", and it's not until sales start to drop off that they start to pay attention.)

It's common for startups to describe their challenges as "growing pains". These aren't growing pains, these are disorganization pains. As an employee of Shofur, I didn't last long at the company before I became disengaged as a result of the toxic, unethical culture that made me feel like I was walking into a den of snakes each day.

Advice to Management

You have got to start caring about your customer. Doing whatever it takes to make a quick buck is simply not a sustainable strategy. When your growth is based on the question "how can we deceive more people into doing business with us", it won't take long to come back and destroy you.
    If you want sustainable growth and an engaged group of employees with minimal turnover (and minimal recruiting costs as a result), you might consider stepping up your ethics game.

"Startup Culture that Empowers Creativity"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shofur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Software engineers at Shofur are among the kings of the hill at the company. It’s a technology-driven company and culture that thrives on the creativity of its employees

*The perks are great. Lunch is typically provided and there are snacks and a beer tab at the office. The pay is the best perk as the technology team is paid well above the industry standard

Leadership is always listening and looking for ways to grow the company. Being on the technology team, you can always approach leadership to provide input on how to make improvements to foster growth

Cons

* As expected for a startup, hours can get long at time, but you're rewarded for putting in the effort and work

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing to grow the company as fast as you have been.

"Fast growing startup with a lot of potential"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shofur (More than a year)

Pros

The company has market fit and is highly innovative in the space. Great leadership especially in the marketing and sales dept.

Cons

Like with any startup things can get hectic at times and you're asked to work beyond regular business hours. But the growth and opportunity that comes with it is worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hustle. You have first mover advantage and make sure you stay ahead and innovate like you are.

8. "Inside Sales Associate"

I have been working at Shofur full-time

Pros

Shofur has great great staff, the newest technology, and an assortment of healthy snacks in the break room.

Cons

Normal start up cons with Deep V necks everywhere.

"Love it here!"

Current Employee - Content Producer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Content Producer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shofur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Shofur is a great work environment. I really enjoy how fun and exciting the environment is. While we have a good time, we also work very hard and get some pretty challenging tasks. It's definitely one of the best startups to work for in Atlanta.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

10. "Great company, great pay!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shofur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, pay, and people

Cons

We eat lunch at the office and work hard. If you think thats a con.

Advice to Management

The people in this office are the most valuable asset this company has. Whatever happens, cant lose sight of that fact.