Shoosmiths "market rate" Reviews | Glassdoor

Shoosmiths Employee Reviews about "market rate"

Updated Jun 23, 2019

Found 52 reviews

3.4
Shoosmiths CEO Simon Boss (no image)
Simon Boss
Pros
  • "Great people, culture and environment(in 7 reviews)

• "Open plan office and great facilities generally(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long working hours (9am - 17:30pm is the standard but you will be expected to be there earlier and stay later)(in 4 reviews)

• "It is worth noting however, that the pay is levelled with the market rate for the area the office is in(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "market rate"

Return to all Reviews

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Fee Earner

I have been working at Shoosmiths full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free tea and coffee - Nice offices (in places)

Cons

- Partners that are totally unapproachable and think too much of themselves. - Huge communication issues across the firm that lead to time consuming and costly issues that could be easily avoided if the firm truly practiced the value of communication it so readily attempts to drill into everyone. - Spends too much time talking up its values instead of actually make real change. - Deaf managers who are out of... touch with the feelings and morale of their team. - Poor benefits and holiday. - Below market rate pay.

Advice to Management

Instead of constantly talking up values, make fundamental change to processes at firm level. Give employees working under often inadequate managers a line of communication to senior figures to enable real views to be made known.

Shoosmiths2019-04-27
  2. "Generally great place to work"

Current Employee - NQ Solicitor

I have been working at Shoosmiths full-time for more than a year

Pros

An extra day off for your birthday Internal recognition programme Quality clients and nature of work Collegiate and friendly culture

Cons

Market rate pay but no bonus despite year-on-year growth and increased PEP IT and telephony systems in dire need of upgrades Solicitors are given business mobiles but only enabled for email, not audio calls

Advice to Management

Upgrade IT and introduce bonuses to further incentivise workforce

Shoosmiths2016-08-03

"I Love Working Here"

I have been working at Shoosmiths full-time

Pros

The team of people I work with are amazing. Inter office working is a big theme and we all help each other, from support staff right up to Partners. I would not want to work anywhere else. There is also not a clear hierarchy divide, which I really appreciate.

Cons

The following is actually not a con of working here, but.....everyone comments how the pay is low. The pay in your hand is low granted, but the benefits far outweigh the negative here. If you think about all the Employee benefits, including holidays, pension, training etc, then the pay is balanced out. It is worth noting however, that the pay is levelled with the market rate for the area the office is in.

Shoosmiths2016-04-27