Cover image for Shopbop | East Dane

Found 102 of over 114 reviews
48% Recommend to a Friend
61% Approve of CEO

Found 101 of over 114 reviews

Shopbop | East Dane CEO Kim Fleissner (no image)
Kim Fleissner

77 Comments

Tech

579.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Shopbop | East Dane~461206
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Shopbop | East Dane? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Shopbop | East Dane employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "good benefits a lot of overtime(in 12 reviews)
  • "My compensation for my field is good compared to other organizations in Madison.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Starting pay is fair and if you strive for promotion it is noticed.(in 5 reviews)
  • "In just under one year, I've gotten to know a range of awesome people, and I have access to the full Amazon network and best practices (which is super informative and helpful.)(in 5 reviews)
  • "Great salary and benefits.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very nice company

Sep 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay a lot of over time

Cons

Standing all day while packing

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nightmare

Jan 2, 2023 - Associate Buyer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with exciting fashion brands. Office Location.

Cons

Low employee morale. Unprofessional behavior.

3. Join the Shopbop | East Dane team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

No life

Dec 2, 2021 - Picker/Packer in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you like OT there's a lot offered Pay had gotten better

Cons

No home life Long hours No time off during peak Vacation and PTO is accrued weekly Point system is terrible Taking time off if your sick counts against you even with a doctor's excuse Favoritism HORRIBLE management Over worked If you don't have PTO to cover if your late or sick you'll get points, 3 for being late and 5 for missing the day even with a doctor's note And once you hit 20 points your fired. They do fall off after 9p days tho Management will "forget" to turn in the points of a high performer or favorite in fear of losing them but if your it either of those 2 they will turn them in Everytime Management only allows favorites to learn new tasks

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good for short term, Not for long term

Aug 22, 2022 - Inventory Control Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay, the standard work hours, the insurance, and the job security.

Cons

The amount overtime, bad management, stressful crunch time, and very little incentives given out.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pass

Jan 21, 2022 - Senior Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home is here to stay for all of CS. Hired at $16/hr min. Discount is nice. Damage store is good perk as well, but was easier in pre pandemic times to go through of course. Scheduling finally got sorted out to be a little better. Instead of a mix of closes and opens sprinkled throughout the entirety of the month willy nilly, it is now a week of opens then a week of closes that rotates. Still not great though. The vacation time you accrue rolls over a pretty big amount so you can save up a bit at least.

Cons

Wage cap is $22.00, not able to rise. Strict Attendance policy, point based. No leeway. Power or Internet out? Prove it with info from your provider. Points or use PTO. Out of PTO? Sorry. No reimbursement for internet/desk/whatnot. (They will assist in getting ergo equip (keyboard/mouse/etc) though I hear.) Around 2018 was our last Cost of Living Adjustment across the board for our Dept. No more RSU's since that date. The computer system we have to use is essentially a very locked down Chromebook type thing that is a huge pain for everyone. Constant calls and complaints about the same pain points from customers with no end in sight to what is going on from higher ups and if anything will actually be addressed.

8 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of work!

Aug 9, 2022 - Merchandising Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Part of amazon and their benefits

Cons

Work and life balance is rare

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Dull

Oct 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Waist of time and money

Cons

Bland boring folding clothes everyday

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

An easy, nice, high affordable job

Apr 25, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote position $19 an hour. Good health benefits

Cons

Has a strict adherence to policy

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not great

Mar 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am struggling to really think of any... maybe the 30% discount?

Cons

Bad pay, bad working conditions. Management treats you like you're 2 years old. 12 hour shifts for weeks in a row without a day off wasn't really something I was told I'd have to be doing during the shopbop sale.

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

shop bop

Mar 29, 2022 - Associate in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

the coworkers are nice, independent work

Cons

management is poor, very bad with communication, can at times be fairly passive aggressive. changes are made frequently and not always communicated to the rest of the team. forced over time happens regularly and often with little notice.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 101 Reviews
</>Embed

Shopbop | East Dane Reviews FAQs

Shopbop | East Dane has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 114 reviews left anonymously by employees. 48% of employees would recommend working at Shopbop | East Dane to a friend and 33% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Shopbop | East Dane employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Shopbop | East Dane. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

48% of Shopbop | East Dane employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Shopbop | East Dane 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Shopbop | East Dane to be coworkers, compensation, benefits and the cons to be career development, management, culture.