- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Wisconsin
- - Madison, WI Area
- - Madison, WI
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
Found 101 of over 114 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Shopbop | East Dane? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Shopbop | East Dane employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "good benefits a lot of overtime" (in 12 reviews)
- "My compensation for my field is good compared to other organizations in Madison." (in 6 reviews)
- "Starting pay is fair and if you strive for promotion it is noticed." (in 5 reviews)
- "In just under one year, I've gotten to know a range of awesome people, and I have access to the full Amazon network and best practices (which is super informative and helpful.)" (in 5 reviews)
- "Great salary and benefits." (in 4 reviews)
- "management is poor, very bad with communication, can at times be fairly passive aggressive." (in 9 reviews)
- "Zero work life balance" (in 4 reviews)
- "Training is absolutely minimal at best, and you will be left on your own to fail." (in 4 reviews)
- "Ask one question to 5 managers, get 5 different answers." (in 3 reviews)
- "Upper management doesn't seem to embrace Amazon's philosophy of using engineers to make decisions on technical direction" (in 3 reviews)
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 27, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good pay a lot of over time
Standing all day while packing
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jan 2, 2023 - Associate Buyer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Working with exciting fashion brands. Office Location.
Low employee morale. Unprofessional behavior.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Dec 2, 2021 - Picker/Packer in Madison, WIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
If you like OT there's a lot offered Pay had gotten better
No home life Long hours No time off during peak Vacation and PTO is accrued weekly Point system is terrible Taking time off if your sick counts against you even with a doctor's excuse Favoritism HORRIBLE management Over worked If you don't have PTO to cover if your late or sick you'll get points, 3 for being late and 5 for missing the day even with a doctor's note And once you hit 20 points your fired. They do fall off after 9p days tho Management will "forget" to turn in the points of a high performer or favorite in fear of losing them but if your it either of those 2 they will turn them in Everytime Management only allows favorites to learn new tasksContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 22, 2022 - Inventory Control SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The pay, the standard work hours, the insurance, and the job security.
The amount overtime, bad management, stressful crunch time, and very little incentives given out.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jan 21, 2022 - Senior Customer Service RepresentativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Work from home is here to stay for all of CS. Hired at $16/hr min. Discount is nice. Damage store is good perk as well, but was easier in pre pandemic times to go through of course. Scheduling finally got sorted out to be a little better. Instead of a mix of closes and opens sprinkled throughout the entirety of the month willy nilly, it is now a week of opens then a week of closes that rotates. Still not great though. The vacation time you accrue rolls over a pretty big amount so you can save up a bit at least.
Wage cap is $22.00, not able to rise. Strict Attendance policy, point based. No leeway. Power or Internet out? Prove it with info from your provider. Points or use PTO. Out of PTO? Sorry. No reimbursement for internet/desk/whatnot. (They will assist in getting ergo equip (keyboard/mouse/etc) though I hear.) Around 2018 was our last Cost of Living Adjustment across the board for our Dept. No more RSU's since that date. The computer system we have to use is essentially a very locked down Chromebook type thing that is a huge pain for everyone. Constant calls and complaints about the same pain points from customers with no end in sight to what is going on from higher ups and if anything will actually be addressed.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Aug 9, 2022 - Merchandising AssistantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Part of amazon and their benefits
Work and life balance is rare
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 4, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Waist of time and money
Bland boring folding clothes everyday
- Former Employee★★★★★Apr 25, 2022 - Customer Service RepresentativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Remote position $19 an hour. Good health benefits
Has a strict adherence to policy
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 30, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I am struggling to really think of any... maybe the 30% discount?
Bad pay, bad working conditions. Management treats you like you're 2 years old. 12 hour shifts for weeks in a row without a day off wasn't really something I was told I'd have to be doing during the shopbop sale.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Mar 29, 2022 - Associate in Madison, WIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
the coworkers are nice, independent work
management is poor, very bad with communication, can at times be fairly passive aggressive. changes are made frequently and not always communicated to the rest of the team. forced over time happens regularly and often with little notice.Continue reading
Shopbop | East Dane Reviews FAQs
Shopbop | East Dane has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 114 reviews left anonymously by employees. 48% of employees would recommend working at Shopbop | East Dane to a friend and 33% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
48% of Shopbop | East Dane employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Shopbop | East Dane 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.