KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Shopify

Engaged Employer

Shopify

Add a Review

Shopify Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Nov 22, 2020

Found 47 of over 1,092 reviews

4.3
Shopify CEO Tobias Lütke
Tobias Lütke
Pros
  • "Flexible work hours and good work from home support(in 67 reviews)

• "Get to work from home, great benefits(in 47 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The experiences that gurus have seems to be very different from that of RnD/ other disciplines(in 28 reviews)

• "Higher ups preach "work/life harmony" (work/life balance) but you'll get side eye if you try to leave the office before 5 on a Friday(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Shopify and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Overview

Nov 17, 2020 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to grow Helpful Teammates Great benefits

Cons

There are no cons in my opinion.

Social Care

Hello, there! Thank you for sharing your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you’ve had a positive experience working at Shopify. Growth and development have been a focus at Shopify for the past year, so it’s great that you’ve found ample opportunities to grow while you work. Having an amazing and helpful team can really improve your work environment - we love how many fantastic and talented employees we have at Shopify! Again, thank you for sharing your feedback.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Challenging but Rewarding

Jun 14, 2019 - Expansion Pack in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, colleagues in SF are wonderful, regular travel opportunities, interesting problems to work on, growth opportunities, great benefits.

Cons

Some internal politics and battles for resources (but I've seen much worse). It can be challenging to be a small US office of a large Canadian company but the HQ offices are getting better at remembering about us.

Continue reading
      4 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company and benefits, but very mentally tiring and draining

Jan 31, 2019 - Guru
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Work remotely (don't have to travel) - Get great benefits - Get all equipment needed including laptop and monitor sent to you - Working for a growing and high potential company

Cons

- Working remotely (don't get to meet people in person, can get lonely) - Still a 9-5 job but at home, with 30-minute lunch. Pretty strict on that. - Need to be glued to your computer for 8 hours straight. - Stressfull, they require you to hold 3 chats at the same time and more.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Freelancer

Great Company

Oct 19, 2018 - Anonymous Freelancer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, great benefits, great environment to work in

Cons

Pay not as good as I wanted it to be.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

This company saved my life

May 6, 2020 - Support Team
      Business Outlook

Pros

Starts at a decent living wage, great benefits and perks, great growth oriented culture, mission/vision is clear. Learn a lot, fast. Great training - they’ll educate you on how to handle client “baggage”, imposter syndrome, burnout, and business. Subjects that most companies will not address. Colleagues are great, easy to make friends with everyone. The company is open to challenges and feedback, and values honesty and transparency. Depending on the shifts or teams you work for, there can be quite a bit of autonomy. Company invests in their employees growth.

Cons

High-paced environment, not suitable or sustainable for all employees. Can lead to burnout if you’re not taking good care of yourself.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful

Social Care

Hey, thank you for leaving such a kind review! It's truly amazing to hear how working with us has had such a positive impact on your life. We feel it's important to be set up for success right from the beginning; we are merchant obsessed here, so it's essential for our Support Team to be given the right tools and training to be able to help our merchants as best they can. Our merchants depend on us to invent products that allow them to support their livelihoods. Making sure you are properly equipped to deal with any problem they are faced with is crucial to their success. Because change is constant, we need everyone to be a perpetual and deliberate learner. Deliberate learners acquire new information or experience a new concept or skill, practice it, and self reflect. This can, at times, be a fast-paced environment which (as you mentioned) is not suited to everyone. Which is totally fine! We expect everyone to do their work to the best of their abilities, and if they feel they need a helping hand, that's where your team comes in. You can reach out to your Squad Lead or HR advisors to chat if you start to feel your workload creeping up on you. And don't forget to take advantage of your personal days! I can absolutely pass your feedback along to our management team. There is already a system in place to make sure our management team are aware of the stressors and pain points of the day to day workloads, as well as any other issues that may arise. Usually, during weekly Team Times or 1:1 meetings, your Squad Lead will ask for feedback or check up on how you're doing. You can always reach out outside of those times too! That feedback is then taken to Time & Geo Leads to discuss further. I can bring your advice to the team here to see if it's possible to allow more transparency on the process though! Just so everyone knows their feedback is taken seriously. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review, it is really appreciated!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great friendly and welcoming company

Nov 2, 2020 - Front of House Coordinator in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits clear structure and teams rec services

Cons

work can be tedious but is expected

Social Care

Hi, there! Thank you for posting here, we love getting feedback! We do pride ourselves on the benefits and compensation packages we offer, they are competitive by design and reflect the market standards. To have the greatest impact and to keep your interest in your work alive, we'd recommend spending time identifying gaps in your skills and knowledge and develop them. Strike a balance between learning to optimize your current skill set, and learning to mitigate or improve your weaknesses. If you aim to be curious enough to learn something new every day, you will definitely stay engaged in your work. Thank you again for the review, and best of luck in the future!

7. 5.0

Amazing company

Oct 4, 2020 - Risk Analyst in Auckland, Auckland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and perks. Amazing lifestyle

Cons

Not suited for people wanting to work in offices.

Social Care

Hey, there! Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are so happy to hear that you've had a good time working with Shopify. It's important for us to be able to offer benefits and perks that will help our employees maintain a good lifestyle and have a positive work-life balance. Going digital by default has it's challenges for some, but by being able to take advantage of today's technologies, we can arrange for virtual meetings to sustain an office-like environment. Participating in the Sidekicks program is also a great way to socialize and get together with your team. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Company to work in

Sep 1, 2020 - Technical Support Advisor in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Multi Culture Company, Great Benefits, Support Employees, Remote work

Cons

I have been more than 1 year in Shopify and i only see positive things from the team and everyone.

Support Specialist

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with both the company and your team. Wishing you further success in the coming year.

9. 3.0

Great company

Nov 22, 2020 - Fraud/Risk Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great culture, avant gardist mindset

Cons

First line leaders lack experience Lack of work life balance Not much room for upper mobility

Social Care

Hey, there! Our leadership team have listened to feedback on career opportunities, and have worked together to show all employees a clear and easy way they can progress in their Shopify careers. There is a Career Pathing Guide available on our internal support pages! This means there is a huge amount of transparency around how to progress to different roles. Every single one of us influences the environment here through our everyday actions and interactions. Therefore, we all own culture. We embrace being multicultural and celebrate the differences that occur naturally within teams, departments, locations, and projects. We see this diversity as a strength! An Avant Gardist mindset is a great way to describe how we approach our challenges; we make it our goal to change and adapt to the needs of our merchants by finding new and creative ways to solve problems. Thank you again for leaving a review, it's very much appreciated!

10. 4.0

Remote Work

Nov 9, 2020 - Customer Success Guru in New Plymouth, Taranaki
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to work from home, great benefits

Cons

Extremely hard job, lots of pressure, little incentive salary wise

2 people found this review helpful