Shoppers Drug Mart Reviews | Glassdoor

Mike Motz

1,222 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • head office needs to remember that dispensary is heart of the store ; ensure adequate staff resourcing (in 49 reviews)

• There should be some partial benefits for part time workers (in 41 reviews)

"I had an excellent experience at Shoppers Drug Mart."

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Toronto, OH
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Toronto, OH

Pros

The best reasons to work at Shoppers Drug Mart were the friendly workplace environment and the high salaries comparing to other companies.

Cons

The disadvantages of the company were the little vacation period and the extensive hours of operation comparing to other companies.

Advice to Management

I would like to advice you to open a single store of your company in Albania,Europe because Albania is a country model in Europe for the economical growth.The Prime Minister,Sali Berisha will help you to establish the new business there.The profits will come from the first year.The taxation system is the lowest in Europe.

"not"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ken Caryl, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ken Caryl, CO

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good service, nice people, it was a good time it wasn't to hard it was a nice place to work

Cons

lots of time, it was a lot to handle butt you get use to it very easily

"Advertising"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Shoppers Drug Mart (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits with excellent work and home life.

Cons

Only in Canada, wish they would come to the U.S.

"Shopper drug Mark"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

friendly customer and most of things in store are clean

Cons

crazy customer and some customer might steal things from store

"Great part-time job"

Pros

Great environment and nice people to work with! Employee discount is always the bonus.

Cons

Late hours and lack of secutiry. Basically customer oriented servies expect some nasty people time to time

6. "Amazing place"

Pros

Great people amazing atmosphere amazing clients

Cons

Long store hours working holidays

7. "Great Company & Growing!"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Great company, and stable work, growing company and many opporunities for advancement within the company

Cons

Some areas of communcation , but its not that bad

Advice to Management

Communicate more to staff, they are always there to support you and show you the way, if and when needed

8. "Great part time experience"

Pros

I found working at shoppers great. After the first three month probationary period, i told my manager i was bored with cashier work and if there was something else i could learn. She told me there was an opening for a photolab technician and i took that on. After learning about and doing the job for a year, i went to her again and told her i was ready to take on more responsibility and she offered me a part time assistant manager position. It was amazing the type of experience she was willing to give me and i found the company overall great to be a part of.

Cons

I cant really think of any work related downside. It was all really pretty good except for the fact that all our part time work lives were starting to mishmash into our personal lives as well and creating loads of drama.

Advice to Management

I think the opportunities for advancement are great at shoppers, but if you want to improve even more, i would suggest creating programs that offer employees the chance to put themselves forward unlike what i had to do and keep asking my manager whether I could.

"great place to work great people"

Current Employee - Beauty Expert
    Current Employee - Beauty Expert

Pros

good people to work with, commission, you feel valued, as a beauty adviser you need to be wearing makeup they sell at shoppers which is great, because you get tons of it for FREE!, really good discount , management is good!

Cons

customers can be so rude, the return policy is confusing sometimes, supervisors can be grumpy to the younger people working, some supervisors are lazy and expect the younger people to do everything

Advice to Management

keep a closer look on the supervisors, some of them are really unfair to the part times & get away with doing things like reading mags while they work, and just overall being lazy!!!

10. "Great company to work for, depending on the store you are in and what province."

Current Employee - Department Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

I am very proud of what this company has to offer it's client base, we offer excellent customer service and convience of an all in one shop! If you dont have pride in what you do, how can you enjoy it?

Cons

Having both the experience of working for Shoppers Drug Mart in Ontario and Alberta, I have to say that the structure and standards are not as high out in Alberta, due to the boom a few years back, some people were put into management positions out of sheer desparation and you can tell.

Advice to Management

Keeping your team motivated and consistently praised for good work really goes a long way. Plus if the company offered a profit sharing type benefit we would have more staff trying harder to see the continual success of this company!!

Showing 1,222 of 1,266 reviews