KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

227 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

A fast-growing tech company with the impact-driven mission

Nov 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every project you do here creates a positive impact and supports many charities and retailers who want to do good. The fact that you're a part of an impact-driven company adds a positive layer on top of every other positiveness about working here. It's also great to see the company grow every year.

Cons

It's a fast-growing company, meaning you have to be ready for a fast-working environment. It isn't necessarily a con if you're ready, but if not, I'd reconsider.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

You Deserve a Fulfilling Career - Come work at ShoppingGives!

Oct 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve often felt lost within my role at previous company’s, and unsure of how I’m actually contributing to the “bigger picture”. Upon starting your new role at ShoppingGives, you will go through their thorough onboarding process and they will cover everything you need to know about the company and your role. Easy peasy! ShoppingGives puts heavy emphasis on collaboration - you will never work in a siloed environment during your time here and all of the lovely team members are a joy to work with! What I love most about working at ShoppingGives is the professional recognition and appreciation that they have for their team. If you’re doing a good job, they will recognize and celebrate your hard work with the entire team. If you’re ever feeling confused about a project or overwhelmed with work, just chat with your manager and they will do whatever they can to help you out. Your manager seriously has your back, which is very refreshing! Also, you never need to feel guilty about utilizing your vacation days - taking some time off is very much supported by the company.

Cons

From time to time, you might have to work a little OT. Doesn’t happen everyday, but it is something to be aware of. The benefits package could be more competitive and 401K matching is not something they do, but it has been a topic of discussion during our team meetings and it is something they are working on! FYI - Don’t be discouraged by the long interview process! They are not messing around and are very committed to having the coolest, most talented people join the team.

3. 4.0

Dedicated to Doing Good - Fast Paced

Oct 22, 2021 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- It is awesome to work for a company that is so passionate about the work they do and making a difference. It is apparent that every single person is passionate about the company's goals and is actively doing their best to bring our mission and passion to life. It feels great to really believe in what you do and support so many non profits through our work. - Great group of hard working coworkers. Everyone is more than happy to help one another and answer questions when necessary. Everyone collectively wants to support one another to reach our goals and better each other. Only bummer is we don't get to work together in person more often! - Everyone is able to provide input on idea for next steps and speak up on what they think would be a good next step or item to prioritize. If there is something that you think would benefit the company, the team and management is always excited for people to take initiative and help figure out a new way to make processes or products better.

Cons

- Since we are constantly growing and learning how we can serve our clients better, the to-do list is always long. We have tons of ideas and ways we want to grow which makes can make for hard work and occasional long hours. - Benefits package could be more competitive, but when brought to management's attention, they made it a point to investigate how to better support everyone immediately and look into new programs/coverage.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Create positive social change with a group of best friends

Nov 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s very rare to find such an amazing group of people that are “best friends” to each other and can accomplish so much good together. Everyone is always going out of their way to help each other out and it’s great to see a group that can laugh together and work towards goals together, too. Company promotes self development with an OKR around it and access to great resources for those that love to learn and level up on their skills.

Cons

Very fast-paced, so it takes a real self starter to get situated and learn after the first week or so of onboarding (… but lots to be learned and lots to put on your resume very quickly, too).

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Make a positive impact every day!

Oct 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team at ShoppingGives has done a great job of creating a collaborative and supportive work environment, where all ideas are valid and your input is heard. Upper management also does a great job of recognizing hard work and is proactive in highlighting and celebrating the team and individual wins and accomplishments. Management is also dedicated to our personal and professional development and goes the extra mile to set each of us up to focus on our individual growth.

Cons

It is a fast-paced work environment and it can become overwhelming at times, but the hard work and extra time put in does not go unnoticed. At the end of the day, everything we do is helping to create a positive impact, and the team is dedicated to doing their part to make that a reality. During times of extra work loads, upper management does what they can to support the team, because we're all in this together!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A quickly growing start-up that values its people and transparency

Sep 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- fast-paced and seeing lots of growth so exciting time to be a part of the team - being "best friends" is a company value - definitely feel the support from teammates - they value transparency and encourage speaking up about ways to improve the business whether from a processes standpoint, and/or ways to improve the culture to retain great talent - ability to work remotely, as team is scattered across the US and UK - it's okay to take vacation and actually unplug - goes back to the "best friends" value - your team will have you covered so you can recharge and enjoy time off

Cons

- benefits package could be more competitive, but leadership is aware w/ discussions around improving for 2022 - at times may have to put in some additional hours, as with any growing start up

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Everyone has a seat at the table

Oct 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- your voice is definitely heard, so if you have an opinion on a new product or activation idea, all ideas are treated equally - the team is a group of best friends, who are always looking to help each other out and support one another in our various roles - at the end of the day, you get to leave work knowing that everything you're doing is to help drive donations to non-profit organizations, so you can feel really good knowing that you made an impact

Cons

- we're a high-growth startup, so it can oftentimes feel like we're "surviving" vs "thriving" - not a lot of holidays off, just the major ones, so to have the same schedule as your friends/family requires taking PTO on those days

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Challenging, fast-paced workplace with plenty of growth opportunities

Nov 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is young and growing fast which provides the opportunity to make an direct impact with your work. Every employee takes ownership over their work and this creates an amazing, collaborative environment with mission of helping the world!

Cons

Due to the growth and fast-paced nature of the company, the amount of work exceeds the time available to finish it. There are occasional extra hours put in, but leadership makes a point of not pushing it unless absolutely necessary. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal oversight.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Want to help make a positive impact?

Oct 12, 2021 - Nonprofit Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

ShoppingGives truly stands by their mission and values. Not only is the company objective to give back and create impact with every action, but the team is extremely friendly, hard-working, creative and passionate.

Cons

ShoppingGives is fully remote, so there isn't in person interaction at the moment. Even without in person work, the team makes an effort to touch base on video calls daily, and it's easy to quickly communicate with other team members.

10. 4.0

Feels great to do good

Sep 30, 2021 - Account Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

ShoppingGives is a great company to work for. They are mission-driven with a great community feel. Plus there is plenty of support for personal and professional development. With a smaller team I've been able to learn so much about many departments and try on different hats to find and build my best skills. There is definitely opportunity for growth and this company really invests in its people so many stay for the long haul.

Cons

As with most start-ups, the job can be very demanding. There are times when it is easy to feel overwhelmed or that there is too much going on. Management does what they can to support the team as these more stressful times come but this is a company of hard-workers who are willing to put in the hours.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews