Shore Thing Marketing Reviews in South Plainfield, NJ | Glassdoor

Shore Thing Marketing South Plainfield Reviews

Updated Oct 3, 2018

Found 37 reviews

3.5
Shore Thing Marketing CEO Richard Dinella (no image)
Richard Dinella
  1. "Competitive opportunity"

Account Manager in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing for more than a year

Pros

Great environment and opportunity and overall a wonderful culture to succeed and grow into

Cons

there are not many cons that i can think over i understand what i was getting myself into so the longer hours and commission was just part of the job to me

Advice to Management

You're a stud Rich never change

Shore Thing Marketing2018-10-03
  2. "Very good working environment"

Sales in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing for less than a year

Pros

Extremely motivational working environment for young interns

Cons

Dont live up to what they say they will pay you

Advice to Management

Management was great

Shore Thing Marketing2017-02-07

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

No pros whatsoever this place sucks and is a pyramid scam

Cons

They require a 10+hour day. There rip you off with pay. They tell you there is a base rate but only pay you commission and not even all of it. I never got paid what I earned. I complained and just got a bonus. This place is a time suck. They require you to be there all day and then after your shift you have to stay after quite late and play games then go out to eat. You do not make enough money to do that. This... place really sucks. You work like an 80 hour week for barely any pay. Stay away

Advice to Management

Pay your employees and cut your ridiculous hours

Shore Thing Marketing2017-02-22

"Hindsight 20/20"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a lot of fun, the environment is amazing. If you are good at sales, this job is great.

Cons

It's door to door sales. You pay for everything. (No Benefits) Drive your car around all day. Sometimes no income. They say base salary of 400 dollars a week or 100% commission... however if you don't 10 sales you don't get anything. You feel like you're conning people even if you are saving them money.

Advice to Management

Please don't be so shady about everything. Keep telling us to have integrity, when you guys sign people up for Direct Energy even if it isn't saving them money.

Shore Thing Marketing2016-07-17

"Please Don't Join "THE BUSINESS""

Corporate Trainer in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing for more than a year

Pros

You MIGHT make a friend or two. Otherwise, there are zero pros I can give to them. Just being honest. (This review is not a reflection of Rich. This is about the other team and CEO he shares an office with).

Cons

1. You are just a number to them. 2. You will not have a personal life. 3. Your personal life will become your work life and that is highly frowned upon, but they brought it upon you. 4. The D2D "owner" is a snake. He plays favorites and will turn on you the second he feels threatened. 5. It's literally like a cult. 6. If you are desperate for work, this is the place for you, otherwise please don't quit your... job to come here. 7. You won't get benefits. 8. 11-8 will turn into 10-11 real quick. 9. They make you pay for your own gas (with zero reimbursement) and the recommended team nights come out of your pocket as well. 10. DON'T trust anyone you work with. 11. And to all of my fellow college grads, please please please don't even entertain the interview! You are better than this "company"! 12. You will not be a "business owner," you will end up workin for other clients, selling their product, while still being under the control of Cydcor. You won't own anything, sweetheart.

Advice to Management

First of all, don't match up interviewees with peopl they can "identify with" just to get them to like that person, so they'll start. Second, tell them what it is. Third, stop being snakes.

Shore Thing Marketing2016-06-22

"Account Manager Position"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved the atmosphere and how friendly the team, as well as management, were. I learned so much from this position and definitely brought me out of my shell.

Cons

The job isn't for everyone. You definitely have to work hard but the growth is endless so the hard work pays off in the end.

Shore Thing Marketing2016-05-03
  7. "Opportunity meets hard work"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in South Plainfield, NJ

I have been working at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the most positive & self developing place I've ever worked for!! Everyday, Everyone is so excited about being there. Why? Opportunity. I've worked for many years for a company & never got recognized or promoted. At this company you get the opportunity for both & not years, but days after I started!! I never want to do anything else or work anywhere else!!!

Cons

If you don't have a positive attitude, good work ethic, passionate about anything, or can't be on time, or you aren't coachable, or you can't be prepared then do not work here.

Advice to Management

Thank you for seeing the opportunity in me!

Shore Thing Marketing2016-05-04
  8. ""Tremendous opportunity for personal and professional growth""

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in South Plainfield, NJ

I have been working at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is super motivated and hard working. There is no glass ceiling limit on earnings potential. Each step for advancement is accommodated with training by fellow peers and management. I really appreciate that the training program has helped me grow both personal and professionally. The mentorship from management has been awesome!!

Cons

If you are not hard working or can't find a way to motivate yourself, you will struggle with the job. You will be forced out of your comfort zone

Advice to Management

The culture is amazing! It has been fun, supportive and has helped my confidence grow. Keep up the great work.

Shore Thing Marketing2016-04-16

"Not what I expected"

in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing

Pros

Great opportunity to advance.The team was super positive and inspiring to improve daily.Felt a little surreal

Cons

Didn't pay off. I work 10 hour shifts 5 days a week. And it's 100% commission the amount of time and effort put in didn't reflect in the check. This job isn't for current students, I was just looking to make money. With this job you will need a second job to have guaranteed money.

Advice to Management

The team was great. Super positive and great working environment.

Shore Thing Marketing2016-03-29
  10. ""Fundamentals" – Some of the best skills to acquire for anything you do in life."

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mentorship - Some of the greatest minds in the world had mentors and that is what this "program" or company does for you. Work long hours (teaches you tenacity), work till you hit your goal (teaches you discipline), This company structures you so you can become at sales, business, time management and even entrepreneurship.

Cons

Even after leaving the company, I come back to realize there were no cons. They teach you the fundamentals you need to become a better business man.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all of the coaching and mentorship. The skills you taught me has made me a better business owner and leader for my current team. Keep providing your employees/future employees with the same resources.

Shore Thing Marketing2016-02-26