Showpad "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

Showpad Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Oct 12, 2019

4.2
Showpad Co-Founder & CEO Pieterjan Bouten
Pieterjan Bouten
Pros
  • "Lots of market potential, buoyant space (sales enablement)(in 8 reviews)

• "Fun environment, fast growing company with great leaders and lots of opportunity(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains you may expect when scaling to 300 employees globally(in 10 reviews)

• "Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"How do I even begin to..."

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Showpad full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stellar supporting cast. Senior leadership tested everything during a crucial time to test - growing the US office. It was amazing to see the founders juggle a multi-national operation working tirelessly to maintain the focus of a growing organization across multiple projects. In today's information age, I have never seen such effective distribution of essential information on a need to know basis. Superb bp and knowledge transfer. Louis and Pieterjan are superstars.

Cons

Group think. However, even that was well done. Growing pains happens. Well managed.

Advice to Management

What does one do with a warrant?

Showpad2018-04-15

"Profound learning experience"

Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Showpad

Pros

- Great product and lots of brilliant and generally interesting people - Good fun/work balance - Lots of market potential, buoyant space (sales enablement) - Transparent culture, with lots of attention to cultural values - Two CEO's (one acts as CPO so the technical scope is divided between them) create a self-critical culture, that permeates from exec to middle mgmt level - High performing culture, ambitious targets

Cons

- Growing pains you may expect when scaling to 300 employees globally - Processes are being adapted quickly, you need to keep up and keep motivating others - A lot of new hires in a short time created an unstable period that is settling down now

Advice to Management

Do what you love doing: staying focused, keeping things simple, fun and driven towards our goal of conquering the space

Showpad2017-03-14

"Fast growing SaaS business with tons of opportunity"

Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Showpad full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunities and fast growth, transparent management. Perfect to kickstart or develop a career in tech. Outstanding culture

Cons

growing pains, startup flaws. Speed of changes like new office, but that is normal in the San Francisco market

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing and keep the culture the way it is. Being transparent is being highly valued!

Showpad2016-08-18

"Trying to figure it out in a competitive market"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Showpad full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has had quite the journey in the past couple of years growing to almost 200 employees. The team has secured a good amount of funding from IVP, who is starting to play a role in strategic decisions.

Cons

The team is going through growing pains, and trying to figure out the right go-to-market strategy. Qualified inbound leads have dropped off, so sales is heavily outbound. There's been a big turnover in the US and morale is low. There's a lot of politics for such a small company.

Advice to Management

Reconnect with your employees, foster honest feedback, and take action.

Showpad2016-08-08

"A-Players Making a Difference"

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Showpad full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is hungry! Whether it is more work, career growth, personal branding or others, everyone has the attitude that we are in this together to make a major splash in this industry. Strong VP & Executive Leadership. Fantastic Business Model that is well thought out and well executed.

Cons

Start up growing pains and extra work but those are only cons if you dont like working in the startup space!

Advice to Management

Keep the Momentum Going

Showpad2015-10-27
  6. "Great company culture!"

I have been working at Showpad full-time

Pros

Startup working atmosphere although Showpad has almost 500 employees. Cutting edge technology, fast-paced environment and loads of opportunities to take ownership.

Cons

A fast-paced environment means dealing with certain disadvantages as well. Due to growing pains coaching is not optimal in certain departments.

Showpad2019-10-12

"Challenging, but worth it!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ghent

I worked at Showpad full-time for more than a year

Pros

- All the typical perks you'd expect from a start up - snacks, ping pong, drinks on Fridays etc. - No need to leave your personality at the door. Showpadders really are an eclectic bunch. They embrace everyone's quirks, passions, and have a genuine interest in wanting to get to know you. - Business impact - every action you take (both great, and not so great) can be tracked to how it impacts the business. You're not just a number at Showpad. Your voice can be heard, you can dip your toes into passion projects, suggest better ways of doing things - all while being supported & challenged.

Cons

- All the typical "downsides" you'd expect from a start up - long hours, getting your hands dirty, wearing multiple hats (Although, depending on your personality you won't see these as cons!) - Lack of communication between offices. (Also typical growing pains that come with expanding internationally)

Advice to Management

Make communication between offices a focus. Remote offices seem to lack a bit of support, so some love needs to be given to them. Try to continue hiring those who have a genuine interest in growing Showpad, not just their own career. Other than this - can't wait to see all the success that comes your way!

Showpad2016-10-29

"Best experience so far in a 10+ year career"

Current Freelancer - Software Engineer in Ghent

I have been working at Showpad for less than a year

Pros

Kanban methodology, self-organizing teams, continuous improvement, incredibly talented people to work with, lots of technical challenges to tackle... I could go on and on about the things that make being a software engineer at Showpad such a nice experience! After more than 10 years as a software engineer in different sized companies I can honestly say working for Showpad is so far the pinnacle of my career.

Cons

The expected growing pains: we need more developers to keep up with the growth of the company. So please join Showpad. ;-)

Showpad2016-06-10

"Unique place to work"

I have been working at Showpad

Pros

In short, if you are looking for a challenge, knock on the door. I grew more than I ever did personally and professionally in this place. The team is amazing.

Cons

Every growth company has growing pains. If you don't like fast-paced collaboration with different cultures you will experience it as a negative. Don't get me wrong, sometimes you really need to stretch to collaborate on a 9 hour time difference, but nothing wonderful came easy.

Advice to Management

My main piece of advice would be to foster the existing culture as we scale and explore more territories. The combination of humility and pride that is hard to find anywhere.

Showpad2016-03-30
  10. "Ambitious and fun place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ghent

I have been working at Showpad full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Young and energetic team, collaborative environment - Great coaching and opportunities to take on responsibility - Value transparency and sharing of best practices - Tons of perks around the office, activities planned

Cons

Typical start-up comme scale-up growing pains, sometimes just figuring it out as you go! But with tons of support so don't expect to feel alone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

Showpad2016-03-31