Showpass Reviews

Updated Dec 21, 2021

Found 16 of over 19 reviews

4.7
Showpass CEO Lucas McCarthy (no image)
Lucas McCarthy

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Everyone at Showpass is incredibly smart, fun and hard(in 3 reviews)
  • "They have an amazing culture where they are always giving back to their employees whether that is with fun events like pedal pubs, golfing, etc. or random Booster Juice runs!(in 3 reviews)
  • "Dog Friendly Office.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Dec 21, 2021 - Business Development in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, my experience working at Showpass has been positive. By being a mid-sized company of currently 50+ staff (and growing), the company has strong and open communication with company leadership and within departments. There are recurring company town halls, general company-wide updates and future growth planning meetings held routinely. The company has less fewer formalized processes than larger companies which I enjoy however this may vary from person to person. Showpass has a corporate chef who cooks daily meals for staff which was continued during "work from home" during COVID-19. The company and our software platform continues to evolve based on market trends which is exciting for staff and our clients (both current and prospective).

Cons

A more competitive health insurance and medical benefits package could be offered sometime in the future.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Culture

Dec 13, 2021 - Marketing Coordinator in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

I currently work at Showpass and love it! They have an amazing culture where they are always giving back to their employees whether that is with fun events like pedal pubs, golfing, etc. or random Booster Juice runs! Everyone is a big family and it is a really fun environment. Everyone has a driven mindset so we are working hard together and accomplishing amazing things. Lots of opportunity for growth and moving up from within.

Cons

You put in more hours than a typical 9-5 but like I mentioned they recognize this and reward their team and actually appreciate us.

3. 5.0

A Place Where You're Valued

Dec 20, 2021 - Customer Support Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture Ample opportunity for growth & development Engaged leadership team Cell phone, gym and meal allowances monthly + great benefits

Cons

Teams are spread out Canada-wide so while we utilize video conferencing often, many teams only see each other in person a few times a year

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Plenty of work, fast progression in roles & an emphasis on career development

Dec 13, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Insightful meetings - Great pay, benefits, food allowance, workout/activity allowance. - Kind environment and team building opportunities - No micro management, meet your goals and their goals and you're set to run your schedule. - Lots of updates on the software, constant updates.

Cons

- Nothing to really mention

5. 5.0

Room to Grow!

Dec 20, 2021 - Client Onboarding Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at Showpass is very friendly and welcoming! Showpass and all its employees have a clear sense of direction which is a result of the five-star communication that occurs within the entire organization Room to grow in all departments Really cool perks Great leadership

Cons

Have not stumbled upon any cons!

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Showpass gave me the opportunity to really develop and further my career in a short space of time.

Mar 19, 2021 - Client Success in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Surrounded by a hard working team who are all amazing at what they do - New department leads are making a real difference in bringing processes and structure to the company - Unlimited vacation policy that you are encouraged to take - Real opportunity to grow and develop professionally, taking on new projects, working with different departments - Constantly learning new things - Feel like the company is really taking off & they have some real exciting things ahead of them.

Cons

- you are sometimes needed to work weekend and evenings, but this is to be expected in the events industry as that’s when most events take place. - Pre COVID the workplace wasn’t particularly flexible

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for and team to work with.

Jul 22, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative in Halifax, NS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Showpass offers a competitive salary and treats their employees amazing.

Cons

Haven't dealt with one yet

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Fun, Challenging, Hard-Working and Rewarding

Dec 3, 2019 - People Operations Lead in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a very fast-paced environment and demands are constantly changing. It is rapidly growing and there are a multitude of amazing opportunities to actually make a difference (which you can typically see rolled out very quickly). You can get your hands involved in many different areas and opinions/ideas are openly invited. This is really noticeable during the Hackthons that are done every 2 months. Spending 3 days to work on process improvements or focusing on new ideas outside of your typical day-to-day responsibilities. The compensation plan is decent and everyone is offered options, linking your success with the overall success of the company. A solid breakfast is offered by the in-house chef most mornings along with lunches on Thursday, and a stocked snack table for when you need a little extra boost. A sales wheel is spun to reward the office when new clients are signed up (from coffee runs to pizza parties to group dinners). The dog friendly environment also adds an extra energy as pooches hang out and typically follow you to the kitchen. There is also a generous transportation and cell phone allowance, free parking and an unlimited vacation policy.

Cons

There isn't a formal performance appraisal structure, however this is being developed for rollout early next. The company does however have overall and department specific OKR's which help guide everyone. There currently is no Health Spending Account although we are reviewing the benefits plan to make it more robust (in place of this is a $100/month fitness allowance).

6 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don't let the "perks" fool you

Mar 10, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Software is fairly easy to use & learn - In house chef is a nice perk - Can be a fun atmosphere to work in at times, feels like you are a part of something interesting - Access to events that can be attractive for some - Attempts to be a disruptor in the market

Cons

- Company lacks any clear direction which became even more apparent during the pandemic - Lack of transparency & leadership from the top-down - Salary is well below the industry average for most, if not all positions. Conversations around compensation don't go well. - No performance reviews meant that when it came time for raises, there was no reasoning or information to explain the lack of them or the amount - Developers & Product team were constantly pulled on and off projects, leaving inefficiencies and not knowing where they stood or what their focus should be Often felt unnecessarily overworked during the sprint sessions - The product suffered immensely from a lack of direction and also suffered from having a young leadership team in place that chased the big client again and again - Too many features were being developed too often instead of focusing on the core product offering and refining those features - Client Success team looked to be overworked with too many accounts asking too much of them - Everything related to third-party applications or hardware was hacked together poorly - Onboarding clients looked to be ineffective & lacked any real process - Sales would overpromise to make the sale and then Product & CS team would have to deal with it - What tech company doesn't have a CTO in place? - Employees were expected to work on weekends regularly - Teams don't work in cohesion & are not on the same page, departments feel siloed and independent of one another - No opportunity to grow or move up within the company, feels very stagnant - Company has an employee turnover problem but will blame it on the US exchange rate and not on lack of job progression, compensation, leadership & company culture - A great example of the lack of leadership within the company: During the BLM movement in 2020, the leadership team completely ignored what was happening and would not discuss it at all. Given that the majority of employees are 23-30, most would have liked to see them at least discuss internally and brainstorm on what the company might be able to do. Slack messages were sent to management and ignored. Yes, it is a sensitive subject but you lost a lot of respect from employees when this happened.

6 people found this review helpful

Showpass Response

Director of People Relations

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience while at Showpass. Our leadership team is constantly learning, trying to improve and adopting new ideas into the way we do things in order to provide a safe and enjoyable workspace for everyone. Your comments are appreciated and will help us to refine our processes as we continue to grow our organization. If you would like to share any additional feedback, please feel free to reach out to any leader that you would feel comfortable speaking with. -Mike Huchkowsky, Director of People Operations

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Dream Job - Best place to grow my career

Jul 7, 2020 - Engineer in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people and management are honestly great! Smart, fun, and driven - The work is challenging and interesting; goals for the future are motivating and exciting; I feel highly valued and trusted - Lots of opportunities to take on new projects and for advancement - Great compensation and benefits (stock options, regular salary reviews, lunches, events, gorgeous office, unlimited lots of vacation time) - Awesome culture; not just because of the benefits, but because I feel my team is all brilliant.

Cons

Open Office is not my favorite

5 people found this review helpful