Cover image for Shure

Shure President and CEO Christine Schyvinck
Christine Schyvinck

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Best organization one can work with

Oct 7, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

People-focused, transparent leadership, competitive pay and benefits, great culture.

Cons

With a nearly 100-year history, Shure still needs to evolve some practices, which I see them doing regularly.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Most Exciting Company You've Never Heard Of (But See Products Everywhere)

Nov 15, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great culture -The most exciting company you've probably never heard of (but see products everywhere) -Really cares about its employees and community

Cons

-It's an old company (almost 100), with many "lifers" here, so it's in this phase where it is trying to be more modern/move faster -It's a global company (this is good), and there is great global collaboration, but it sometimes means early mornings or late nights for calls (but, there is great workplace flexibility with taking some free time during the regular workday)

3. Join the Shure team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Its a fun place to work and its getter better with diversity

Nov 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty health work life balance when it comes to time off. Im able to pretty freely take days off whenever i feel like. Everyone is pretty nice and we have lots of fun events though out the year during regular business hours to relax and enjoy some entertainment. I love that we are getting more and more into the LGBT+ communities and we have a variety of diversity groups in the org.

Cons

My department is short staff and because of that it can be hard to move to another area or promote but its getting better.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Workplace Culture

Nov 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Shure: * Welcoming Workplace Culture * Authentic Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion * Competitive Benefits and Compensation

Cons

I honestly do not have any cons to add at this time.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great people and great employer

Nov 11, 2022 - Staff Software Engineer in Niles, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work, privately-held company, employees are very passionate about products, most employees are music/audio enthusiasts, strong commitment to diversity and inclusion

Cons

Communication between departments (e.g., product development and manufacturing) could be improved

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good Company to Work For

Oct 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

WFH options in roles that apply, friendly people

Cons

Compensation for some positions can be lower

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great

Sep 24, 2022 - Engineer Senior Staff/Manager in Niles, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, history, products, future, and satisfaction.

Cons

Can find yourself in a rut without opportunities to advance.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome company. Great People.

Sep 5, 2022 - Engineer in Niles, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams to work for. This is a solid company and people work there for a long time. Good work life balance.

Cons

Sometimes projects are slow due to the size of the company.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company to Work For!

Feb 17, 2022 - Staff Software Engineer in Niles, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard work at Shure does seem to pay off. I like to work a lot, but at the same time, if you do want more of a work-life balance, they are pretty flexible. They really do care a lot about their employees. Generally the people I've worked with there are wicked smart, friendly and have a passion for the products. So it's fun place to work. The products themselves are really cool, and based on really neat tech. There's been some great innovation there over the years and they have a fabulous history. Although some may argue, I think they make pretty good business decisions... sometimes hard decisions. But generally they seem to be going in a good direction, and have a consistent pace of growth. So this has been my sentiment for awhile, but I wanted to be sure before writing a review. But year after year, my feeling on this has been pretty consistent.. all signs point to this being a really good company to work for. In summary, I'm not a religious person, but I feel really blessed to be working at Shure!

Cons

Can be antiquated with respect to new technology adoption and practices. There's a tendency of being a little too risk-averse.

2 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0

Shure Engineer

Sep 17, 2022 - Engineer in Niles, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Low Stress Engineering pride Compensation Low attrition

Cons

Isolating at times Minimal social engagement

Viewing 1 - 10 of 217 Reviews
</>Embed

Shure Reviews FAQs

Shure has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 291 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Shure to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Shure employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Shure. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

90% of Shure employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Shure 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Shure to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Shure Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Shure? Share Your Experiences

Shure logo

Shure Careers

Cover image for Shure

Extraordinary products require extraordinary people! Shure continues to be voted as one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work...More

• Benefits
  • Giving Back
  • Internships
  • Culture & Diversity

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

78 days ago

Hiring
Do you know a talented professional looking for a global internship experience at a fun and innovative tech company? We want to hear from them! With more than 75 new internships available for summer 2023, now's the time to apply! Check us out today at: https://careers-shure.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=intern
Shared image - Shure Careers
Shure Careers
careers-shure.icims.com

158 days ago

Shure is happy to announce our new partnership with DiversityJobs! While Shure has a history of philanthropic support for organizations that promote social justice and racial equality and celebrates a workforce that represents all races and ethnicities, we recognize that we can do better. Shure aspires to be a workplace that reflects meaningful IDEA - that is, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access. We will improve and expand our efforts to create a more diverse workforce, in every department and management level at our company .
Shared image

Gogo Logo
Gogo

3.5

Compare

Glassdoor has 291 Shure reviews submitted anonymously by Shure employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Shure is right for you.