Shutterstock Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated Jan 12, 2021

Found 58 of over 493 reviews

3.4
Shutterstock CEO Stan Pavlovsky
Stan Pavlovsky
Pros
  • "Perks like free snacks, free lunch once a week , fitness benefits(in 59 reviews)

• "Working at the Empire State Building gets surreal sometimes if you are someone who has dreamt of working in the big apple(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "High turnover at all levels including leadership leads to frequent strategy changes(in 18 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance can be an issue but still manageable(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Good Company

Jan 12, 2021 - Platform Solutions in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to work. Great office and a good company culture. Free lunch and snacks. Interns are highly valued, and expected to do real work. There is career growth and you can climb the ladder rather quickly if you want. I have seen a ton of interns secure full time jobs. For me personally the job/work I was doing did not line up with what I really wanted to do in life though.

Cons

Stock photos aren't really the most riveting thing in the world.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting Times Ahead

Feb 18, 2020 - Senior Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Collaborative team - Great Benefits/Comp - Fantastic Office/Location - I've been given every tool needed to do my job to the best of its abilities - Free lunch, snacks, cold brew on tap - Great work life balance - My input is appreciated and have opportunities to work with different functions of the business

Cons

- Sometimes projects/responsibilities change and you need to be able to adapt, some have found that frustrating/difficult. - Less meetings and more decisiveness.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Amazing Experience!

Apr 28, 2020 - Data Operations Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, free lunch, and everyone willing to help you learn!

Cons

No cons I can think of

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Stay away!!!!!!!!

Jun 25, 2020 - Middle Management in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office, free lunch, best 401k match I have heard of, some of the most talented people I have worked with

Cons

Toxic environment, continuous layoffs, unrealistic deadlines, constant change of plans, no strategic direction, extreme friction for a mid cap company, nothing ever gets done.

25 people found this review helpful

Shutterstock Response

Shutterstock

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry you aren’t having a great experience at Shutterstock. We hope you are tuning into our company updates and other communications where we talk about our strategy and how we are evolving our product to bring new value to our customers. We are transforming - and transformation isn’t easy. It requires you to embrace change and reimagine new ways of doing things. We encourage you to share your concerns with your manager, HR business partner or in one of the feedback channels available to you.

5. 2.0

Toxic work environment

Mar 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch and competitive pay

Cons

Toxic environment, unrealistic expectations from management, poor tone at the top, people willing to throw anyone under the bus to make themselves look better

18 people found this review helpful

Shutterstock Response

Shutterstock

Thank you for your feedback. We continue to make strides to create a great experience for our employees globally. Over the last year we introduced new programs and communication channels to bring employees closer to their leaders and give them more opportunities to share feedback and have meaningful dialogue. We have also introduced tools and resources focused on supporting our managers and leaders. We always appreciate feedback and will continue to use it to drive improvements.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

DON'T BELIEVE THE GOOD REVIEWS

May 30, 2019 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch, office and location, co-workers

Cons

The company caters to it's investors and stakeholders. Employees are just mere cogs in a not-so-well-oiled machine. Culture is non-existent, hiring is at an all-time low, and employees have been resigning left and right. There's a reason why it went from 3 office floors to most recently, only 2. Certain perks have been removed over time to cut down on costs so be weary of what is now offered under their benefits package. There's absolutely nothing in place for career progression. Expect to hold the same title and duties for your tenure here and for the sales team, expect unattainable targets and confusing compensation plans year over year. If you like to do nothing and just stare at the computer all day thinking meetings

20 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0

Crappy Place to work

Sep 23, 2019 - Administrative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch..even that sucks after a few days of the same thing. Location. Summer Fridays. Health benefits & 401K matching. Nothing else.

Cons

Management is horrible, HR is cold and unfriendly. Too many cliques. Unwelcoming culture. Good employees are terminated by bad managers. The turnover is too much to count. As the saying goes " if you are pointing 1 finger at me... 3 others are pointing at YOU" .

21 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunity to learn and succeed

Oct 2, 2019 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for growth with high performance Collaborative effort across different teams Good Benefits Work/Life Balance Modern Office w/ Free Lunch and Snacks

Cons

None at this moment in time

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Failing Company - Stay Away!

Mar 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office in NYÇ and free lunch.

Cons

Worst part: I witnessed the CEO walking around the office asking people to write good reviews for the company on Glassdoor. How pathetic and sad. Toxic work environment with many people being blamed and fired for things they never did. The C-suite refuses to take any accountability for failure and instead blame people that report to them when something happens. I've seen this scenario happen at least 10 times in the past two years. Being scared for your job and blamed for things out of your control is an open and frequent conversation by employees. Stay away if you want to enjoy your job.

36 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Pros

Free lunch, good benefits, flexible work hours

Cons

Absolutely unattainable sales goals, HR team is terrible. No strategy on how to fix awful fear culture. HR team writes positive reviews on Glassdoor so beware of what you’re getting yourself into. Colleagues will take your hard work and pass it along for themselves if they can. Pressure on Shutterstock will continue with competitors moving faster on the tech side. Executive leadership has changed over too many times for such a high-growth company. Employees are constantly looking over their shoulders.

30 people found this review helpful