Sicom Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansdale, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansdale, PA

I have been working at Sicom Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing, dynamic and challenging. Company culture is transparent and collaborative. QSR technology is a great opportunity and SICOM is well positioned to capitalize.

Cons

Can be very hectic but if you thrive in fast-paced environment great place to be. Fast growth creates challenges but good challenges.

Advice to Management

Stay focused. Continue to hire strong mid-level managers. Continue to be transparent in results, goals and objectives. So far so good!

2. "Great company, great people"

I have been working at Sicom Systems full-time

Pros

Great team, great atmosphere, dedicated employees

Cons

Pay could be more competitive

3. "Sicom"

Pros

Flexible hours, accommodates employee needs

Cons

I need to drive far

"Steer clear, they're still pretty bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Sicom Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice new building, beautiful amenities and a lot of geek culture in this company. Fascinating product development and you can learn anything if you make friends with the right people. Room for growth and lots of upward mobility in most departments.

Cons

Extremely toxic dynamics.
    Unfair distribution of opportunity/advancement.
    Severe lapses in training and accountability.
    This is such a crude, sexist environment that one woman literally quit within 2 weeks.

We just merged with another company and a lot of our top talent fled immediately.
    We're about to have another wave of staff leave us and it will be ugly.
    The new execs spent a ton of cash making it look shiny and cool, but the actual daily experience is miserable and frustrating.

The new HR girl is a mercenary and a liability. It is too obvious that she was hired to thin the herd; most of the people who've already quit did so because of the hostile crosshairs methodology she brought to the table. I'm surprised that we've retained as many longtimers as we have, to be honest. You can't run a successful company with such a malicious individual keeping your people on eggshells. It's like working for a reality show.

Advice to Management

Calm down, Sicom. You're not Google.

Focus on actual feedback from your employees rather than fancy consultants telling you how to design their environments. Ask them what they need, and stop taking things away.

Morale is different depending upon which department you work for. That's ridiculous. No single department in this company is more important or more deserving of amenities than another. If as few as 30 people suddenly walk out, no matter whose team they are on, you are screwed. Remember whose labor actually generates your nice salaries.

Inter-departmental collaboration is a joke. If you ask anyone in this building how many jobs they do, they will burn your ears off with gossip. When one team drops the ball it ruins the productivity for everyone else. Many of the people who have left were simply tired of picking up the slack for someone on another team who you refuse to get rid of simply because of tenure. Whether due to laziness or outright incompetence, this is destroying everyone's productivity across the board. Get it under control.

"FAKE REVIEW : "Values Individual Growth""

I worked at Sicom Systems full-time

Pros

This company is FOR-PROFIT and they do not care about their employees.

Cons

The fake review labelled "Values Individual Growth" is very comical. Looks like an HR person wrote this review. This company is very shady. Be Very Careful

Advice to Management

Shut down business.

"Typical corporate nightmare, keep looking"

Current Employee - Programmer in Doylestown, PA
    Current Employee - Programmer in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Sicom Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's like taking a job in the IT dept at MIT.

A lot of knowledgeable people, plenty to learn, lots of cool products to play with and design.

Huge new building with room to grow. They went all-out for the food and coffee area, there are big graphics all over the walls, but after a while it just gets comical. Borderline patronizing.

Interesting technology. Vast diaspora of ethnic and national backgrounds. Multi-lingual colleagues abound. Nerd toys on nearly every desk. It's comfortable. Some of my best friends are people I've met working in this company.

It's largely laid-back and casual dress. Food everywhere. If you make friends with the domestically gifted, they'll give you baked goods. Personalities range from

Cons

I'm going to come right out and call it what it is: class warfare.

Your daily quality of life will depend solely upon who you work for here. It was bad under the Doans and that ice queen in all black, but now? You might as well be working for Caligula.

The new owners couldn't care less about you. They bought this company to see profit. Jim Flynn has a track record and he isn't going to change. They really do not care how cramped or underpaid anyone is as long as their bottom line gets richer. It's gotten so bad that we just lost some of our smartest people to our competitors because they got screwed over for their pay or their promotion.

This company has a real problem with brown-nosers and me-first people getting promoted over the people who actually can do the work. Conversely, you also have people with excellent technical knowledge and horrible personalities or zero social skills. They make every day absolutely unbearable.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with equal importance and respect. When you are nicer to the skirt who smiles at you every day? We see you doing that. When you're nosy and need to be in everybody's business outside your dept, or you're a sup or lead and don't maintain confidentiality about embarrassing coaching moments for your team members? We saw that too.

The worst thing here right now is the HR structure. You are literally running a company with a person who falsifies writeups, misquotes people on their evidence or flat-out targets people for no discernible reason.

How do you think this is going to play out, when you're poised to go public-trade with an HR dept no one will talk to because they know they can't trust her to have their back? She protects the company's interests and not the employees. That is a huge problem. You have a building full of nervous people who have no one they can talk to about reportable offenses in their teams. What were you thinking?

Promote from within. There is nothing more instantly offensive than busting your tail for something and seeing some walk-in get the position you were hoping for, and no one ever mentioned that it was even available.

We should NOT have to confront you with online job postings to ask you why you're going to pay someone else more than us for the same job instead of putting us in there. It's the fastest way to drive everyone out the door. And that's exactly what's happening.

7. "Good Company to work for"

I have been working at Sicom Systems full-time

Pros

Great communication within team.
    Possability for advancment

Cons

Pay isnt as competitive as some other companies

"Customer Support Rep"

I have been working at Sicom Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training provided
    Great to get your feet wet in IT
    Linux environment

Cons

Bad management
    Not flexible
    Favoritism in the workplace

9. "IT department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Sicom Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family feel. Growing company creates lots of opportunities.

Cons

No cons at this time.

"Network support technician"

I have been working at Sicom Systems full-time

Pros

It is a great learning experience.

Cons

Projects are micro managed, but that is expected.

Advice to Management

Train employees a little better and they will be more prepared for the job.