Siegel+Gale Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
David Srere & Howard Belk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will learn the S&G methods well (in 22 reviews)

• you meet truly smart, nice and unstoppable people who are passionate about their work (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining work-life balance can be challenging, especially in the 4th quarter (in 9 reviews)

• No cons, all good, thanks again (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A great place with great opportunities!"

Current Employee - Management Accountant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Management Accountant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone here at S+G are dedicated to getting the job done to the very highest standard meaning it really does bring out the best in everyone. Opportunities to grow within are endless, and with the opportunity to travel the world, this makes it a really rewarding place to work.
    There is lots of cross team collaboration meaning you learn all aspects of the business and industry.
    Very social with weekly drinks, monthly celebrations and quarterly social events.

Cons

No major cons when compared to other places I've worked!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and don't forget the little guys!

Sep 19, 2017 – Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We really try hard to make Siegel+Gale a great place!

"Passionate People / Strong Perspective"

Current Employee - Strategy in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Strategy in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For the most part, the teams here are exceptionally passionate and talented. Of course, there are some pockets of dead wood and/or disengaged employees, but the culture eventually weeds those out and they move on (which is necessary in my opinion).

The branding landscape has changed significantly from even 3 years ago, and S+G has been (smartly) reshaping its capabilities to be at the forefront of that evolution. There's still much more to do, and while some legacy offerings have been disbanded, new teams have been brought in to enhance the offerings to clients. I do think S+G is well ahead of some of its traditional competitors in that regard.

Its philosophy on Simplicity is a differentiator to the market.

Cons

As with any work environment, office politics exist here as well.

Advice to Management

Continue the mission to evolve. Get rid of any detractors and negative staff. Increase collaboration between global offices.

"Cookie cutter office space lacks diversity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office snacks are great

Cons

The LA office is very cliquish, if you don't fit the cookie-cutter mold you'll be shunned and left out of certain events.

""Great people, great work..." as they say"

Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic group of talented and motivated creatives that rally around the brands they help build, grow and evolve. Good work culture and environment. People are consistently good across all practices working on both Fortune 500 brands and new start ups. Culture of inclusion and collaboration.

Cons

Little room for (slow) growth when a star shines in a department or practice. Great planning, but lousy execution to SOW/SOP and timelines. Good work "appreciated" but not rewarded. "Simple and Smart" does not need to equal hard.

Advice to Management

Look at people, not numbers (hard for a company owned by Omnicom). Listen more to your movers and shakers, not your intrenched practice leads (though still respect them).

5. "great work place environment"

Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

greta place to work. Love the people. Smart. Nice. Unstoppable

Cons

I have nothing bad to say

Advice to Management

none

"Negative Environment for Women"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

There are some really wonderful, smart, talented people here. The legacy and ethos (simplicity) are both great.

Cons

There are severe ethical issues here, especially with senior leadership, and particularly experienced by women. These things are well known but generally aren't addressed; when issues have become public, the company protects senior leadership rather than the employees who have been harassed.

Company resources are also used to benefit senior leadership. The company doesn't encourage fresh or creative ideas, which take more time and money to create, instead repeatedly churns out the same thing. In order to remain relevant you need to encourage diversity, creativity and new ideas.

Advice to Management

You need to immediately address the behavior of upper management to avoid serious issues in the future. In order for S+G to be successful you need to cull senior leadership, address the unsafe work environment for women, install leaders who will build a modern and diverse work environment, and encourage more creative work.

Nov 9, 2017 – Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take it very seriously and believe it merits further conversation, but with limited information that’s challenging to do. We encourage you to... More

7. "Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The firm wins super-interesting and varied assignments for high profile clients. The teams here are so smart it's just cool to see how their minds work. The Simplicity philosophy provides a starting point for any project.

Cons

I don't think this is a con, but they are extremely business focused. Probably as a result of being owned by Omnicom.

Advice to Management

Keep staying close to the work.

Sep 19, 2017 – Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud of the work that we do and the culture of excellence that we have created.

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented, smart people. Some of the work is quite interesting and challenging. Office is well designed.

Cons

Executive management behaves poorly--doesn't walk the talk. Questionable ethics. The motto is "nice, smart and unstoppable". Many people who have worked there will tell you that the "nice" part simply isn't true.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect. Communicate honestly.

Sep 6, 2017 – Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for your feedback. Our values are important to us, so it’s disappointing to hear your experience contrasted with the work environment we are committed to creating. As for senior leadership... More

"Associate Director, Brand Communication"

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time

Pros

- A lot of opportunity as long as you make it happen
    - The ability to learn about different industries and companies
    - A collection of smart, nice and unstoppable co-workers

Cons

- Travel can be demanding
    - Pace is fast and some people sink
    - A general feeling that if you're not running around with your head cut off, you don't have enough to do

Advice to Management

- More of an emphasis on work/life balance would be welcome

"Great people and client list"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale (More than a year)

Pros

Full of incredibly smart people who are actually friendly and down-to-earth as well. Very impressive client list consisting of mostly Fortune 500-quality companies.

Cons

Although working with primarily blue chip clients is great at times and is certainly a resume builder, it would be great to work with more smaller, scrappier clients, which often comes with broader opportunity to stretch your creative muscle.

Sep 19, 2017 – Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for your feedback on working with smaller clients. We do our best to seek out clients that expand our portfolio.