Siegel+Gale Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
David Srere & Howard Belk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You will learn the S&G methods well" (in 22 reviews)

• "you meet truly smart, nice and unstoppable people who are passionate about their work" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some of the more senior staff / higher ups can be less understanding of work/life balance and take on more than the staff can accommodate" (in 11 reviews)

• "No cons, all good, thanks again" (in 6 reviews)

"A welcoming environment full of creative people"

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mostly positive and social people, in my role the work isn't too stressful and varied enough to be exciting. Plenty of events to switch up the day-to-day routine

Cons

"All hours all the time"

Former Employee - Senior Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great quality of design and strategic thinking.

Cons

On a daily basis you are told to meet unreasonable deadlines that compromise the quality of the work (and your health) simply because someone told the client it could be so or because the client stomps their feet. The culture throughout the organization is one that expects you to work until 2am on a regular basis. Every morning you see some message posted to slack at 2am or overhear an employee share how they had trouble getting him at 1:30.

It’s unfathomable how parents wih young kids find it acceptable to work in an environment like this. Where is the work life balance? This culture has existed from the top down for years.

Advice to Management

Simple is smart? Try a more efficient hierarchy and decision making process. Also maybe don’t be afraid to say no to a clients unreasonable timeline once in a while?

3. "Siegel+Gale NYC"

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

–Great place to work with very talented teams in all departments
    –Directors have a very clear vision of what they want to see in each project, but also trust the designers to make good decisions on their own.
    –Work/life balance is very good compared to many other design agencies/studios in NYC
    –Encouraging & fun company culture
    –Project management is respectful of designer's workload and don't have unrealistic expectations of people's bandwidth

Cons

No cons yet in my experience

4. "Smart and Nice!"

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging projects and great people to work with.
    Company culture is excellent, S+G is a great place to be.

Cons

No cons yet in my experience

Advice to Management

Embrace Innovation.
    Create a mentoring program, you have a lot to share with others

Jun 26, 2018 – Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for the feedback!

"Lack Of Diversity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

WFH days, that's if you're allowed to use them.

Cons

Siegal+Gale, like the many other Omnicom agencies in Playa Vista lack diversity.

There are only 2 African American employees in the Los Angeles office and they both happen to be the "help", not a good look. During my tenure at Siegel + Gale, I can't recall a single time a POC came in for an interview for a full-time position, contractor role or even an internship. Many of the employees are very elitist and tend to gravitate to those with similar backgrounds.

Advice to Management

My advice to the management is to take a look at the demographics in Los Angles and how it's not reflected amongst your employees. Give Non-white interns a chance.

Jul 12, 2018 – Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for your feedback. It's disconcerting to hear you had such a negative experience and we take these comments very seriously. We are proud of fostering a diverse and inclusive environment across... More

"Aging dinosaur fast going extinct"

Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I worked at Siegel+Gale full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not everyone was a terrible person.

Cons

-Siegel+Gale is an aging dinosaur fast going extinct in the modern media age.

-The majority of their clients are also long irrelevant brands, so don't expect exciting work.

-Senior executives are far past their prime, spending more time fighting over the scraps of this dying carcass than managing people or producing good work.

-Layoffs have happened annually like clockwork for the past few years, and will likely continue until Omnicom shuts them down or folds them into another company.

-The Omnicom benefits were the worst employer benefits I have ever had.

-Unethical behavior is notorious among the c-suite. Don't wear open-toed shoes in the office, unless you plan on being asked to dinner by one of the CEOs...

Apr 24, 2018 – Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take it very seriously and believe it merits further conversation, but with limited information that’s challenging to do. We encourage you to... More

"Great for later in your career, not great for junior talent to grow"

I worked at Siegel+Gale full-time

Pros

It's a great place to learn about branding, where you can find strong mentors and get exposure to very interesting work for F500 clients. Rigorous strategic research and approach, with opportunities to develop interdisciplinary thinking. A few clear star leaders.

Cons

- Lack of transparency around compensation and growth trajectories make it a difficult place to grow a career.
    - Very hierarchical and ego-driven on certain teams, and while entrenched leadership may claim to support growth of junior talent, this often doesn't show in their actions.
    - Lack of vision and leadership at the helm, many upper management leaders who are complacent and comfortable. Wouldn't describe it as a fresh or forward-looking place.
    - Diversity is not nurtured or rewarded.

""Great people, great work..." as they say"

Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic group of talented and motivated creatives that rally around the brands they help build, grow and evolve. Good work culture and environment. People are consistently good across all practices working on both Fortune 500 brands and new start ups. Culture of inclusion and collaboration.

Cons

Little room for (slow) growth when a star shines in a department or practice. Great planning, but lousy execution to SOW/SOP and timelines. Good work "appreciated" but not rewarded. "Simple and Smart" does not need to equal hard.

Advice to Management

Look at people, not numbers (hard for a company owned by Omnicom). Listen more to your movers and shakers, not your intrenched practice leads (though still respect them).

"Passionate People / Strong Perspective"

Current Employee - Strategy in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Strategy in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For the most part, the teams here are exceptionally passionate and talented. Of course, there are some pockets of dead wood and/or disengaged employees, but the culture eventually weeds those out and they move on (which is necessary in my opinion).

The branding landscape has changed significantly from even 3 years ago, and S+G has been (smartly) reshaping its capabilities to be at the forefront of that evolution. There's still much more to do, and while some legacy offerings have been disbanded, new teams have been brought in to enhance the offerings to clients. I do think S+G is well ahead of some of its traditional competitors in that regard.

Its philosophy on Simplicity is a differentiator to the market.

Cons

As with any work environment, office politics exist here as well.

Advice to Management

Continue the mission to evolve. Get rid of any detractors and negative staff. Increase collaboration between global offices.

10. "great work place environment"

Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

greta place to work. Love the people. Smart. Nice. Unstoppable

Cons

I have nothing bad to say

Advice to Management

none