Siemens Energy & Automation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Siemens Energy & Automation President and CEO Dennis Sadlowski
Dennis Sadlowski

Pros
  • Great work life balance for employees (in 10 reviews)

• Very good benefits, steady (if slow) improvement year on year in terms of working environment and tools (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Siemens is a very large company with the associated beauracracy (in 4 reviews)

• No clear career path, many difference along BUs (in 3 reviews)

1. "Siemens Energy and Automation's Employee Satisfaction Survey Increased Several Points This Year"

Current Employee - N/A in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - N/A in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The work/life balance at Siemens has been most beneficial for me. We are implementing a teleworking program but it has been one that the IT department has been taking advantage of for years now. Being able to do my job from home helps with economical stress that has hit us hard during these trying times and Siemens has been one to make sure that they can help in any way especially if they feel that the money isn't substantial.

Cons

Like any place, you have lots of different personalities coming together and sometimes those personalities don't mesh. I think unless you have a great team that works well together you may have a "not so nice" experience. In my many years working at Siemens that has only happened once. I would say that they may be a downside.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen closely to employees to ensure the best benefits for the company.

2. "Siemens Energy & Automation"

Pros

Large, Stable Proactive company with many opportunities to move around within organization and intra-company. Very dedicated to employees.

Cons

Services side hit very hard during economic downturn, but good potenital coming out of it.

Advice to Management

None at this time

3. "Siemens - nice place to work"

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Work with new products and the latest technologies. I had to move and quit the job, but I would work for Siemens in the future. Nice benefits. They ofer self managed 401k brokerage account. 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution.

Cons

I had to do a lot of travelling. Too many management levels.

Advice to Management

Pass reality check test before making unrealistic promises to the customers.

"If Siemens only knew what Siemens knows and let others see it Siemens would be the word on the street & in every market"

Former Employee - Tech Support (Electrical 1978 - 2001) in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Tech Support (Electrical 1978 - 2001) in Hayward, CA

Pros

Great product and engineering groups. Good compensation. Pleasant working environment. Expands thinking and shares best practices with groups. Strong work ethics by staff. They may have some glitches in the ranks but overall - a company that when I state I worked for there is always received with a pride that comes across and is recognized by others.

Cons

Ok they are big and sometimes maybe not light on their feet. Currently there may be some loss of identity out in the market - which seems to be mostly from a lack of "workforce in the local areas", They followed some of the other majors to centralize support in the electrical division - and they lost their "key best practice". That being good employees with local knowledge and dedication to the products they repreent.

Advice to Management

Vist some of the history that made the divisions great. Inovation and hi tech is great and needed. The use of computer based support and consolidated workforces may need to part of the equation - but not the complete solution. No need to turn the clock back completely - just remember the methods and strengths which made Siemens want the divisions to be part of Siemens and why the division shined when the name Siemens was in the specifications.
                        As once said -- if Siemens only knew what Siemens knows..

"Excellent Technology Company in a Declining Market"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, TX

Pros

The location and the people who work at Siemens are Phenomenal! The management are mostly engineerings which makes a big difference in how they treat the employees and their understanding of the work. They communicate well with the employees, even if what they have to say is often not what we wanted to hear.

Cons

There is something of a glass ceiling there. Many employees have been there for many years and do not intend to promote into management, which means that those who are younger have no-where to grow into. Also, the market served by this division's expertise is declining which put some pressure on the company and contributed to my looking elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Provide greater incentive and opportunity for young engineers to be promoted. You do a great job of providing technical training, but the opportunity for growth is limited.

7. "Great company, learned alot from them"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Pros

Huge engineering company. A lot of crazy technology at work. Lot of resources, employees are supportive to each one another.

Cons

Worked in a warehose, if that isn't an evironment where you are comfortable, that may be a problem for you.

8. "One of the best company in the world"

Former Employee - Electrical Cases Set-up in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Electrical Cases Set-up in Miami, FL

I worked at Siemens Energy & Automation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stability factor,knowledge ,professionalism and it is a structural company

Cons

Down side is low,I do not have anything else to said .holding company

9. "My experience with Siemens Building & Automation has been great. They are a professional, friendly group."

Current Employee - Receptionist/Admin Assistant in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Receptionist/Admin Assistant in Canton, MA

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional, well experienced. They have great custoimer support.

Cons

There aren't any cons with this company at all.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management.

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to work. Excellent work life balance.Good food for technical appetite.

Cons

average compensation. Repetition of roles and responsibilities.

Advice to Management

11. "Siemens is an excellent company to work for. Consider it the "German GE". Highly diversified and competitive."

Current Employee - Manufacturing Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Salary/Benefits package is great. Lots of room to grow and move up the ladder for the ambitious.

Cons

Siemens is a very large company with the associated beauracracy.

Advice to Management

Be less political!