Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics Reviews | Glassdoor

Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics Reviews

Updated February 17, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good work-life balance - Not overly demanding in terms of production (in 16 reviews)

• Good benefits, especially for personal items (in 20 reviews)

1. "Product Engineer"

Current Employee - Product Engineer II in Brookline, MA
    Current Employee - Product Engineer II in Brookline, MA

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are friendly and always willing to help.
    Easy, lay back work tasks

Cons

Work place such as office and lab should be renovated to be more modernized.

Advice to Management

Promote young talented professionals

"Financial Analyst - Pricing Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Pros

Lax Work Environment, good coworkers. Basically, those who you can visibly see when you are working on the floor are the best people.

Cons

Upper Management is AWFUL. Very bureaucratic. The regular workers tried to make pleas that fell on quite deaf ears. Very political atmosphere, seems like merit might be less valuable than cronyism (who you know). One shocking moment was when we were in a meeting the director literally said "you're going to have to work more than 8 hours a day" and it was in such a condescending manner..For some more context the department is undergoing a system change that is causing quite some bottleneck in the operation. So, in result, the upper management berates its hard working men and women.

Advice to Management

1.Quit, and quit quickly.
    2. If you can't quit, retire quickly.
    3. If you can't quit or retire
    4. Actually hear out the needs/concerns/grievances of your current employees. They are hard workers.
    5. If you hire an intern, your best bet is to bring them on board as a full time employee.

3. "Strive for improved systems/processes"

Current Employee - Sales in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics (More than a year)

Pros

Great diagnostics portfolio for lab and point-of-care! Good benefits, especially for personal items. Company car is nice.

Cons

For a "technology company", very surprising how backwards or dated a lot of the systems and processes are. The CRM and quoting software needs a lot of work. The company-made expense report system is very difficult to navigate and utilize.
    Comp plan is mediocre with outlandish goals.
    Lab diagnostic portfolio for smaller volume customers is disappearing, making it easier for the competition to kick us out.

Advice to Management

Understand all of the markets we want to be in and make sure to have solid strategies for them. Hire managers that want to actually manage people and truly care about their development and advancement.

5. "Siemens Healthineers"

I worked at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very talented, hardworking and driven people. Strong, process oriented environment. Very focused on innovation.

Cons

Very large company and sometimes the interests of the individual is diminished.

Advice to Management

Take more time to listen to staff and customers. The company still spends too much time looking inwards.

6. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Education Specialist in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Education Specialist in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics (More than 10 years)

Pros

Personal and professional growth can be achieved if you are employed by this company.

Cons

Implementation to new ideas can be slow.

Advice to Management

Be proactive not reactive.

7. "Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dyer, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dyer, IN

I worked at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable organization with a lot of talent and high achievers
    Good benefits
    Collaborative environment

Cons

Big ship to turn...slow to respond & change
    To big and complicated for customers to work with
    Heavily driven by process and not whats best for the customer or business

"Mediocre place to work"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very large multinational, that turned me off working for large corporations.

Cons

After acquiring the company I worked at, they harvested the IP and drove operating cost down, leaving the company a shell of what it previously was. Very different working environment. Not good, I left.

"Project Engineer"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer/Product Development Engineer in Blauvelt, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer/Product Development Engineer in Blauvelt, NY

I worked at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics (Less than a year)

Pros

Great corporate company worldwide and leader in healthcare

Cons

Diagnostics division in Tarrytown, NY is not so doing well in terms of sales. New product development has serious questions in quality. They keep about 10 contractors for a total of 15 ppl team and replace contractors whenever they feel like to do so. I've seen less than a week notice and the person was gone. Definitely not the work environment you want to work for, so I took an offer from another company and left.

Advice to Management

Should know the value in people

10. "Disorganized for a Medical Device Manufacturer"

Current Employee - Lab Technician II
    Current Employee - Lab Technician II

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the people that I work with. You learn a lot initially.

Cons

Disorganized, archaic documentation that contains many mistakes and can be confusing. At the end of the days its only about the bottom line to the supervisors/managers.

Advice to Management

Management doesn't connect well with employees (see Siemens "Healthineers").

"Good benefits, nice people, getting bogged in bureaucracy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits were good, and I loved my co-workers. The work was challenging and often interesting.

Cons

More and more time was spent on overhead. Management seemed to have lost direction and was not sufficiently focused on R&D and new development. The time and mistakes that are critical to innovation started to be put behind just getting something out the door. The physical environment became problematic, including an infestation of small flying insects. The business units were separated, and this led to loss of synergy.

Advice to Management

Fix the lighting and the bugs. Invest in the brilliant scientific staff you have there, and look to reach for the next generation of innovation.