Siemens Reviews | Glassdoor

Siemens President & CEO Joe Kaeser
Joe Kaeser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on the project & BU you are associated with (in 69 reviews)

• Upper management needs to be refreshed (in 68 reviews)

1. "Great place to work at"

Current Employee - Tech I in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Tech I in Redmond, WA

Pros

Looks great on a resume
    Great team

Cons

We don't get enough raises

Advice to Management

Talk more about what you are expecting from us.

2. "Siemens Energy and Automation's Employee Satisfaction Survey Increased Several Points This Year"

Current Employee - N/A in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - N/A in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The work/life balance at Siemens has been most beneficial for me. We are implementing a teleworking program but it has been one that the IT department has been taking advantage of for years now. Being able to do my job from home helps with economical stress that has hit us hard during these trying times and Siemens has been one to make sure that they can help in any way especially if they feel that the money isn't substantial.

Cons

Like any place, you have lots of different personalities coming together and sometimes those personalities don't mesh. I think unless you have a great team that works well together you may have a "not so nice" experience. In my many years working at Siemens that has only happened once. I would say that they may be a downside.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen closely to employees to ensure the best benefits for the company.

"Overall a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Orlando, FL

Pros

Siemens is a huge company and therefore provides almost unlimited opportunities for career development and for promotion / advancement.

Cons

While there are huge opportunities for advancement due to the sheer size of the company, obtaining some of the opportunities requires a LOT of effort and willingness to put in huge amounts of hours to get noticed by someone at or above a certain level. While the top and top- middle management, and especially HR, certainly espouse the merit based pay system, continuous feedback, performance process, and high performance culture, the reality is that the day to day line managers aren't getting the message, and often recognize seniority and experience over performance, talent, and potential.

Advice to Management

None

4. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Madison, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Madison, IA

Pros

Siemens communicates all aspects of the company to it's employees. Since starting a little over 2 years ago, I feel that I have encountered very supportive management - they involve the employees first hand in decisons. I feel as though Siemens is very concerned about the well-being of the employees, both on the job and off. The plant manager knows almost all of the employees ( 375+), and has a genuine concern about them. Siemens provides a good working environment, and encourages the employees to be a part of the company, not just work for the company. All managers have an open door policy, not just in words, but in practice as well. Not to mention, they have great benefits!

Cons

I love my job, downsides are long hours, but I choose to work the hours.

Advice to Management

Keep meetings shorter, and more to the point.

5. "Great"

Pros

Great company to work for. Health benefits, treatment, working environment. All of them are great! Also, great with managers and other employees

Cons

None that I can think of. But sometimes the work does get hectic but that is with any job. Other than that its a great company

"Siemens Medical"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Malvern, PA

Pros

Benefits were good and compensation was fair. Training opportunities were ample and furthering education was looked upon favorably.

Cons

It definitly felt like you were working for a large company. A good deal of decisions were made by hq which was overseas and not a lot of thought was put into how it would trickle down in the states.

Advice to Management

Spend time in the field to get a sense of how decisions made would affect the sales force.

7. "Siemens Energy & Automation"

Pros

Large, Stable Proactive company with many opportunities to move around within organization and intra-company. Very dedicated to employees.

Cons

Services side hit very hard during economic downturn, but good potenital coming out of it.

Advice to Management

None at this time

8. "Siemens - nice place to work"

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Work with new products and the latest technologies. I had to move and quit the job, but I would work for Siemens in the future. Nice benefits. They ofer self managed 401k brokerage account. 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution.

Cons

I had to do a lot of travelling. Too many management levels.

Advice to Management

Pass reality check test before making unrealistic promises to the customers.

9. "Siemens is a great company that has good benefits and opportunities."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Siemens has great vacation and benefits packages from day one. Although its a very large company they try very hard to keep everyone up to date on what is going on. They are great to work for if you have a family and will give you tuition reimbursement if you decide to go back to school.

Cons

Without a degree there are very few jobs. Its nearly impossible to get hired unless you know someone or go through a temp agency.

Advice to Management

I work for Siemens Energy and do feel that the engineers are over worked. I think more focus on high schools and colleges to promote graduates in engineering is essential to the success of the company in the long run.

10. "Siemens. Great Career Position"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Pros

Encouragement to think outside the box, Independence to get the job done. Flexiblity in how work is completed. Everybody is treated with respect and professionalism.

Cons

Siemens is a great place to work. I felt we were very well paid for the work we did. However, while Siemens pays well, everybody works hard to earn every dollar.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for SIemens Management team. Everybody at Siemens does the best they can with the tools available.

Showing 992 of 4,742 reviews