Sierra Circuits Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.5
Kenneth S. Bahl

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Challenging! Everyday brings new obstacles and challenges to overcome."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Sierra Circuits full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. The support you get from your team and openness of management to new ideas.

Cons

Changes are not always easily implemented or readily accepted.

Advice to Management

Thank you Ken and Bala for your uncompromising visions and dedication for making this company what it is today. Over 25 years of profitability is nothing to sneeze at. How many companies can actually claim that fact?

"No One Is happy Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Sierra Circuits full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

711 is around the corner.

Cons

No room for growth. ceo and managers only care about lining their pockets. Not employees at all. 3/4 managers are related to the CEO and come to work when they feel like it. It is extremely difficult to finish work or get answers or get work approved when managers do not come to work on a regular schedule. Then then employees are blamed for not finishing work on time.

Only single stall bathrooms. Always dirty. Paper towel machin is always broken. There is one restroom designated for girls. But the Ceo (male) also uses the one womens restroom.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees's feedback. We want to hekp the company grow but if you dont seem to care about us as people or our opinions why should we work our hardest to make you more money. Especially if the ceo gets more money when the company does well but employees don't get anything not even a thank you

"Dissapointed"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Sierra Circuits full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay better than EDD

Cons

Un-professional supervisor loves to blame others especially operators, always full of hate and anger

Advice to Management

loose one supervisor or loose everyone you will hire

"Rather not say"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Sierra Circuits full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Local Resturants near by for lunch.

Cons

I currently work for a Manager that is not qualified to manage myself and another co-worker. I'm given a whole heap of work while my "Manager" spends her time chatting and getting her online shopping done. When I ask my manager a questions about Law, Rule, Process she always tells me she will get back to me. Sadly, this is because she doesn't know anything herself. Many times I have asked my Co-Worker for help and she is willing to give me direction, she also make comments that she wasn’t qualified for the positon but they couldn’t find anyone else. I also wish my Manager she wouldn’t talk poorly of everyone in the company, especially the owners Son-in-law and Son. It makes it hard for the people that are working under her.

Advice to Management

Hire people with the right experience to Manage teams, I wish that the Owners would open their eyes and see what is happening to a core department of the company is. I hate working for a Manager that have friends reporting to them. Maybe the Owners will open their eyes when they get sued. I have currenlt have started to interview and hope i can find a better place to work.

"Not Ideal"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Sierra Circuits full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people (non-management) are generally really nice and great people to work with. The great coworkers I've had made my short time at this company bearable. It is sad when your only comfort in going to work is to know that everyone else hates it there just as much as you do.

Cons

I have never had so many negative things to say about a company that I've worked for. How this company has managed to stay in business for 30 years is beyond me. The employees, especially administrative assistants, are overworked and underpaid. The company is run with the bare minimum. As long as everything hasn't come toppling down, they seem to think that things are okay.

However, it is difficult to give good customer service experience when the Live Chat isn't even run 24/7 like many customers are under the impression to believe. The company also encouraged to not offer any refunds to make up for the many mistakes the company makes on orders unless the customer asks for it. Orders are constantly lost, remade, and not shipped out on time, resulting in stressful conditions for the admins who have to placate angry customers and make sure everything is fixed. There are so many things wrong with the ethics of this company that they are too numerous to even list, and it is clear that all that the company cares about is the money to make the lives of the owners and management cushy.

Also, there is no room for growth at this company unless you are family, have the right connections to the owners or have excessive knowledge about PCBs to where you prove to be "valuable enough" to advance in this company. This is not a place to stay long term and as soon as you find something remotely better, run after it and don't look back.

Advice to Management

- Please stop the favoritism and clear nepotism.
    - Actually bother to properly train your employees instead of taking the "we'll handle that situation when it comes" approach.
    - Get more workers to do little things like handle live chats/feedback centers so customers can get the real-time answers they deserve by people who know what they are talking about.
    - Give your employees the chance to grow and not just talk a big game during the interview process.
    - Care about your customers. All of your customers, not just the big names that bring in the big money. It's the smaller customers who talk, and it's that word of mouth that can potentially bring down your company for its poor customer service.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Sierra Circuits full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately there aren't any pros about Sierra Circuits. When you really can't think of one good thing to say about a company, you know they have problems.

Cons

The whole company, and that includes every department, is ran like a sweat shop. The owners are constantly finding things to ridicule their employees over and have no problem berating them in front of everyone. They are also very cheap and therefore the pay is very low, regardless of your education or experience. The company has no leadership nor direction. They can't pay vendors on time, HR department is family ran so don't bother discussing issues with them. Nobody at this company enjoys working here, and I mean nobody. Don't set yourself back in life and join this company, you will only find yourself full of regret and disappointment.

Advice to Management

Management does not take advice or want to hear advice.

"Stay away and save yourself"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Good coworkers, durning lunch everyone talks about how they wish they could leave

Cons

I was terminated because I went over my lunch time. I sent my boss a text message telling him my car broke down. He and HR terminated my employment, the paperwork I got from HR had so many technical issues it was a joke. Hire people that know what they are doing rather the letter people go because their car broke down.

Advice to Management

Horriable enivorment the owners don't have any care for there sales team.

"Chief Engineer/Inventor"

Former Employee - Inventor/Chief Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Inventor/Chief Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Without buying new equipment, I upgraded the entire shop's performance to produce 3 mil line/space with 100% yield by highly modifying key equipment, installed a clean room for product development, reprograming mechanical drilling to produce 0.0051inch diameter, etc

Cons

I did not get paid. I had to sue Sierra Circuits for breach of contract.
    Testified about the illegal waste dump into the parking lot drain.
    Failed to gain positive recognition for large customer order involving personally owned/patented product.

Advice to Management

Honor your contracts and reward your employees when they bring in new customer orders.
    Give good recommendations based upon performance independent of management error.

"Miserable place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Administrative Assistant in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Administrative Assistant in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Sierra Circuits (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing absolutely nothing worst place to work

Cons

Everything about this place is miseraable

"If I could give the company negative stars I could"

Former Employee - Marketing Team in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Team in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Sierra Circuits full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Co-Workers were fantastic and often rallied together because of the lack of management and overall state of the company.
    -HR is ran well.

Cons

The company is ran horribly from the top down. Processes don't make sense. They don't pay vendors on time. They treat employees like numbers as opposed to people and it shows in their high turnover rate. Management doesn't provide employees with the tools to succeed and often cut corners on budget, making the employee experience awful. The company is celebrating a 30 year anniversary, you would expect them to run their operation like a well oiled machine by now, but at it's current rate I don't see the company lasting. When you have a marketing team led by someone that doesn't have a marketing background or know what is happening on a daily basis, you're bound to fail. The sales and marketing team need to be revamped from the top down. Processes need to be in the 21st century line of thinking and not back in 1986. If your management team doesn't have a clue about running the company and your employees know that, the future is not bright. I would also suggest management tells the truth during the interview process, because I am one of several former and current employees that were either put into a position they didn't apply for or were lied too regarding the state of the company and how it operates.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and provide them with the tools to succeed.
    Stop being CHEAP!
    Make the management accountable for their mistakes