Sierra Nevada Corporation Reviews in Englewood, CO | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sierra Nevada Corporation Chief Executive Officer Fatih Ozmen
Fatih Ozmen

Pros
  • Great benefits and great people to work with (in 30 reviews)

• s 401K match has made it impossible for me to contribute anything less than the maximum that SNC will match (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance can be horrible (in 20 reviews)

• Growing pains with the company now being a large Defense contractor (in 16 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Interesting work.

Cons

Can be stressful. Fast paced

2. "Great Company and Benefits"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer III in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer III in Englewood, CO

Pros

The benefits are extremely generous.
    Good management within the teams.
    Great people who are passionate about their field.
     Experience is invaluable

Cons

Long Hours
    Work life balance
    Planning for projects is sometimes difficult do to is fast paced environment.

"This used to be a great company"

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are amazing. There are some highly talented people employed here.

Cons

Entirely to many VPs and Directors. It seems like every employee has their very own VP or Director. The company is trying to expand out in commercial projects. Extremely risky

Advice to Management

The company is trying to expand out in a commercial way. Why don't you stick with what has been working for you for over 10 years.....government/DoD. Decrease the 'Chief' population and let your talent work for you. There was a time I enjoyed waking up and coming in to work. Now I drag my self out of the house, half expect my badge not to work because I may have said the wrong thing to the wrong person. SNC used to be a small family environment, we now have succumbed to the corporate mind set. The culture here is losing its appeal.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Airframe and Power Plant Technician in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Airframe and Power Plant Technician in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tremendous amount of autonomy, excellent tools and training required to perform at very high level. Great opportunities.

Cons

College degrees seem to be more important than actual talent sometimes

6. "Fantastic company!"

Current Employee - Administrative in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Administrative in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are fantastic, if you apply your experience and knowledge, you WILL be recognized as an outstanding employee. Challenged every day with something new. Never a boring day....ever

Cons

SNC is a fast paced enviroment. Thats not necessarily a bad thing. If you are not agile and able to move, think and act fast, snc may not be the place for you

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic employee recognition, it pays off in the end for snc and its never ending growth.

7. "A place where you won't say "I hate Mondays""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is diverse, challenging, and there's always something new and exciting over the horizon. Cohesiveness and team spirit run strong through the entire company, from the CEO right down to the crew on the front lines. If you want a career that will allow you to stretch and grow, one that will make you eager to come to work each morning and go home satisfied at the end of the day, and one that is rewarding in every aspect, a position at Sierra Nevada Corporation is for you.

Cons

Nota really a con, but the rapid growth of the company and the continuing acquisition of new contracts means that we keep our noses to the grindstone every day. If you're looking for a place to relax and coast, look elsewhere.

8. "An incredible, fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding work environment"

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am very privileged to work at a company like SNC. The culture and environment allow me to work with some of the most dedicated professionals in the industry while encouraging technical, results-driven creativity. While the fast-paced environment motivates hard work, I know I directly contribute to project outcomes and product deliveries; a very rewarding feeling. The people, benefits, and overall experience excite me and challenge me every day. SNC is second to none.

Cons

When compared to many other companies, SNC has very few company-wide or job-specific cons. Despite some periods of extended hard work, the benefits, rewards, and overall Customer satisfaction make it worth it.

Advice to Management

Currently none at this time.

"This company has outrun its headlights."

Former Employee - Aerospace Engineer II in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Aerospace Engineer II in Englewood, CO

Pros

125% 401(k) matching, Good hands-on experience. Fast pace. Important missions and products. Unique "bullpen" environment for engineers.

Cons

Zero communication from corporate, HR and other support staff. Little feedback on performance. Zero job-relevant training or career development offered. Everyone from middle management on up seems to be detached from day-to-day operations. "Warnings" to employees are not communicated, so anyone could have any number of warnings and not be aware. Arbitration agreement in employee handbook denies employees access to court system for resolution of disputes. Employees are expected to work well over 40 hours per week with no additional compensation, and at any cost to personal lives. Loyalty and personal sacrifice are not rewarded. The company has failed to provide sufficient infrastructure to support its rapid growth. The company seems to like to flex its "at-will" muscle to control employees through fear rather than encouraging loyalty.

Advice to Management

Communication needs to be the number 1 priority. When every decree coming down from the top is a knee-jerk reaction, morale is significantly impacted. Employees should have a chance to see their documented warnings so that they can improve. Make a better effort to encourage work/life balance. Address the apparent total lack of planning regarding growth, employee accommodations and employee allocation. Provide training when it's requested. Invest in your current knowledgeable employees rather than starting from scratch with replacements.