Sierra Nevada Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Sierra Nevada Corporation Chief Executive Officer Fatih Ozmen
Fatih Ozmen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and great people to work with (in 33 reviews)

• s 401K match has made it impossible for me to contribute anything less than the maximum that SNC will match (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance can be horrible (in 22 reviews)

• Growing pains with the company now being a large Defense contractor (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Great Place to Work with a Pay-It-Forward Culture"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for SNC for 8+ years and have always been attracted by the family culture the owners, Eren and Fatih have created within a large company. In many aspects it feels like a small close knit company. They are generous to their employees with the high level of benefits including the 401k match, bonuses, and medical insurance. They are also generous and have a heartfelt compassion to help those in need, albeit employees experiencing a family crisis or victims of natural disasters, including the recent hurricane relief effort of $1M, offering matching contributions to the amount raised by the employees. They don't do this out of obligation, but they do these things because of who they are. I am blessed to have the opportunity to work for Sierra Nevada. The work is gratifying, the people I work with are great, and the work that we do is important. Eren and Fatih have a generous and compassionate heart and are making the world a better place.

Cons

I would like to see a Roth 401k option

2. "Lead Principal Mechanical Engineer"

Former Employee - Lead Principal ME (Chief) in Sparks, NV
    Former Employee - Lead Principal ME (Chief) in Sparks, NV

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent culture, phenomenal benefits, good work to do, great exposure to new things. good support from IT and HR/Admin are all outstanding

Cons

lack of definition for higher level technical career paths. Too little interface with management for product development and path forward for new product growth

Advice to Management

SNC has a knack for finding brilliant resources in technical areas and is a very attractive place to work. with bringing in such high caliber talent, care and attention should be given to their contribution and career growth paths

3. "Sierra Nevada Corporation as a great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior System Engineer in Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Senior System Engineer in Folsom, CA

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Despite the rapid growth SNC has over the years, unlike some organizations, SNC has never lost its visions, purposes and always considered the employees the most important assets. SNC is still a privately held company, and has one of the best benefit package in the industry. SNC employees have the freedom to innovate, participate and contribute to many cutting edge technologies that SNC is currently pursuing. Strongly recommend SNC as a place to work, whether you are fresh out of college or seasoned professional.

Cons

None that I can think of. As with any other companies, you will experience some common cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good works and continue to invest in the core assets, the employees.

4. "Manager"

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good comp for area committed staff.

Cons

Management challenges at the most senior levels.

Advice to Management

Hire an experienced president.

5. "SNC - A company that takes care of employees like family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company owners are such an encouragement and provide for SNC employees like family with the package of benefits . Also, they share enthusiasm on a regular basis from the heart, it is very refreshing. It is very exciting to be working with such committed and jazzed people who are passionate about their work. I believe this corporate culture do make a huge difference with the SNC team.
        I look forward to the new year and another rewarding adventure for SNC as we collectively work toward solutions that life challenges us with. I am looking ahead to time with family over the break but eager to return to projects and continue on toward success.

Cons

We work very hard and sometimes long hours to see our projects reach a successful conclusion. We sometimes have to travel for work over longer than anticipated but in the end our efforts are rewarded and we feel satisfied that we have completed some amazing tasks and truly are proud of what we do.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to what people are asking for and delivering feedback to keep this company on track; no matter where it leads. Don't give up on trying new things and innovating wherever you can.

6. "Buyer"

Former Employee - Buyer in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Buyer in Englewood, CO

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time

Pros

Great 401k match, good wages, interesting programs & they sponsor your DOD clearance.

Cons

Major disconnects between programs causing inefficiencies. Upper management does not hold mid-management accountable.

Advice to Management

Implement a Lean workplace to utilize lessons learned & become efficient. Value all your employees, not just middle & upper managers. Take notice of turnover.

"Growing Pains"

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time

Pros

Company has a great 401K match (150% up to 8% of your salary) and the healthcare options are really good.

Cons

The company is constantly going through growing pains that has everyone at the working level in a constant state of whiplash.

Advice to Management

The company grew so fast that it has out grown it's corporate management. There needs to be some sort of board that actually directs the company, currently there are only "advisers". All decisions are ultimately made by the CEO and President.

8. "It's a start"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Centennial, CO

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like many of other reviews and current employees will tell you; they have the best 401k on the market.

Cons

Mangement has a revolving door thus leading to inconsistency at all levels.

Advice to Management

Hire the right fit for the applicable positions

9. "Great Company"

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time

Pros

Schedule, products being created, people

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at this time.

"going down hill"

Current Employee - Tech in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Tech in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great benefits easy work. lots of time to relax

Cons

you sit around a lot waiting on engineering and a lot times the paperwork is incorrect it would seem that it is better to redline the documents then to fix them for the next time we try to build something. to much tribal knowledge

Advice to Management

figure out how to get things fixed so we don't have to redline paperwork every single time we work on something. it is no wonder we can not complete our work on time or on budget