Sierra Nevada Corporation Reviews

Updated May 25, 2020

3.2
Sierra Nevada Corporation Chief Executive Officer Fatih Ozmen
Fatih Ozmen
Pros
  • "There 401k match is the best I've ever seen at 150% match up to 8% of your income(in 41 reviews)

• "Great benefits and cool things to work on(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Great work with great people to work with."

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people are great to work with. Everyone gets along. The work is interesting. The work is quick and then your off on the next project.

Cons

The team members of a group can get a little spread out. Some in the hanger, some in the main office, some in the program building. But this should be mostly addressed by the end of 2020 when we move into one big building.

Sierra Nevada Corporation2020-02-11
  2. "Excellent Opportunity"

5.0
    Former Employee - Test Technician in Sparks, NV

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Caring management, good pay, meaningful work.

Cons

No complaints at all. Job was great.

Sierra Nevada Corporation2020-05-25
  3. "Sierra Nevada Hagerstown"

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leading edge challenging projects and smart helpful coworkers

Cons

Management does not communicate with project teams or their direct reports. All peer to peer resulting in working on wrong tasks frequently

Sierra Nevada Corporation2020-05-04

"Fast Growing Company"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing pay and benefits. Good work like balance

Cons

Often a lack of mentorship. I don’t get a lot of good training.

Sierra Nevada Corporation2020-04-14

"Madness here"

1.0
    Current Employee - Project Management in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Colleagues here are absolutely terrific.

Cons

Leadership is ridiculous. Siloed. Egoistic. Averse to improvements. Lazy. I deal with this each and every day. Since hired, I've secured two promotions and a 20% wage increase so I'm no slacker. But the work involved to get ANYONE from director position on up to listen to their emplyees is beyond ridiculous. I'll work every weekend the rest of the year to get a job somewhere else.

Sierra Nevada Corporation2020-04-19

"Better Defense Contractors out there"

Program Manager in Centennial, CO

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation

Pros

The benefits were really solid. 401k was the best I have seen and decent choices for medical.

Cons

PTO policy is lacking in terms of rollovers. Program Managers have to do everything because the support groups (Finance, Contracts, Proposal Team) are extremely incompetent and don’t get involved as they should. When something goes wrong that a support group should have awareness of but don’t, the PM gets blamed for everything. Support groups typically just cause more work for PMs and rarely offer any help or assistance. The company culture for IAS is bad because it is very much a boys club of former colleagues and at times can be rather unprofessional. The company is having an identity crisis of trying to be a big dog but do things quickly like a small company. It’s leading to a lot of missteps and poor customer experiences.

Sierra Nevada Corporation2020-03-20
  7. "Supportive, but still a corporation"

Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Centennial, CO

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership that genuinely cares about the individual, and also getting the job done.

Cons

Supervisors tend not to trust employees to do tasks that fall within their job scope, so employees will do busy work while supervisors do the "involved" or "advanced" work. No opportunity to prove one's capability, and promotion is nearly impossible.

Sierra Nevada Corporation2020-02-29

"Good, but Not Great"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

really good 401K profit share matching; new HR personnel bringing up the benefits and employee opportunities to match other companies; interesting programs

Cons

Frustrating lack of accountability for some senior management that does not follow through or take care of their staff; there is concern on capability of this private company to support and implement some of its complex programs with its limited infrastructure; technical leadership opportunities are limited, higher levels go to program managers or functional managers (no strong technical path, and no matrixed organization approach)

Sierra Nevada Corporation2020-02-25

"Great 401k, not much else"

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Reno, NV

Pros

Cons

Leadership there is in disarray. They are stuck using program managers for supervisors ( performance development, career development, reviews, etc). The program managers have a priority to manage their programs so actual subordinate employee leadership is basically non existent. The upper leadership has an old guard of very close minded people who don't want change as they have it very good.

Sierra Nevada Corporation2020-03-03

"Missed Opportunity"

2.0

Pros

The benefits are some of the best I’ve experienced. Unfortunately, the company seems to think that they’ll keep employees with benefits alone without fixing the larger problems. Up until recently, I was very optimistic that we were undergoing growing pains and some of the larger problems would be fixed, but I am less so now. While there are a lot of career growth opportunities, these come because positions keep opening up due to others leaving.

Cons

This company has so much potential, but we are constantly losing some of our best talent because the direction is unclear and employees are being set up to fail. We put a shiny veneer on everything from training to systems support, but lack the support to make the real change needed. Higher ups are not interested in digging deep into problems and really fixing them. Instead, they want to throw quick fixes at them and call it good. Work life balance is terrible. When you get more resources, you get so much more work to go with it that there is no improvement in outcomes as would be expected with additional resources.

Sierra Nevada Corporation2020-02-13