Sierra Nevada Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Sierra Nevada Corporation Chief Executive Officer Fatih Ozmen
Fatih Ozmen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work-Life Balance can be horrible" (in 22 reviews)

• "The company is constantly going through growing pains that has everyone at the working level in a constant state of whiplash" (in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Great Place to Work with a Pay-It-Forward Culture"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for SNC for 8+ years and have always been attracted by the family culture the owners, Eren and Fatih have created within a large company. In many aspects it feels like a small close knit company. They are generous to their employees with the high level of benefits including the 401k match, bonuses, and medical insurance. They are also generous and have a heartfelt compassion to help those in need, albeit employees experiencing a family crisis or victims of natural disasters, including the recent hurricane relief effort of $1M, offering matching contributions to the amount raised by the employees. They don't do this out of obligation, but they do these things because of who they are. I am blessed to have the opportunity to work for Sierra Nevada. The work is gratifying, the people I work with are great, and the work that we do is important. Eren and Fatih have a generous and compassionate heart and are making the world a better place.

Cons

I would like to see a Roth 401k option

"Great Company, Great benefits, Meaningful work."

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time

Pros

Great Benefits. 401K is second to none with an 150% match up to 8%. Great healthcare. Meaningful work. Company focused on developing life saving equipment.

Cons

Busy at times. Branch offices creates difficulties with time zone differences. Growing at an exponential rate so growing pains are prevalent.

Advice to Management

Try to slow down the growth of the company so that it is done right. Not a bad problem to have though.

"Electrical Engineer"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. The application, interview and onboarding process were stream less. Everyone along the road was super responsive and like much of what SNC does, they move fast in all aspects.

Cons

I really have no cons for this company.

4. "Engineering"

Current Employee - Engineer in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

location, 401k, coworkers, location, proximity to outdoor activities

Cons

pretty boring work, low pay, small raises

Advice to Management

As the Denver engineering market expands, it's going to be tough to keep good people around unless you start paying more.

"Old boy’s club."

Pros

Great benefits, which people use to justify why the tolerate the culture.

Cons

If you want to work for a company that makes decisions based on favoritism, not reason or merit, then this place is for you! Often, bad behavior is rewarded and upper management can be easily snowed by cocky attitudes.

The tech at this company needs to be updated, as well. It’s surprising how behind the times this place is, because of the slow wheels of bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

Try to be a little more progressive.

6. "Program Manager"

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time

Pros

Fun environment in out in Hagerstown, exciting mission and product.

Cons

Political environment, not a lot of trust between teams.

7. "SNC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hurlburt Field, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hurlburt Field, FL

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were many perks for working with the company. The 401K match, free weekly snacks, gift baskets sent from the owners at Christmas.

Cons

Local management requires work. Good ole boy system.

Advice to Management

Be there for your people and give everyone the same chance.

8. "Decent benefits, but company struggling to adjust"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401k match is very good, pay is moderate, other benefits are good. In general you are working with smart and motivated individuals.

Cons

Company is clearly struggling with adapting to recent growth. Many of the tools used are very outdated and are actually a significant hindrance.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees a bit more, even the best and brightest will be hamstrung by ineffective and outdated technology.

"Going Downhill at IMS"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The mission and customers made it worthwhile to come here. The pay is very good and benefits, especially with the cost of living in the area. Some very good PMs/ Directors who care at the mid-level.

Cons

NO LEADERSHIP, the leaders we had left or are so busy doing BD, they have taken there eye off the ball. Engineering leadership is non-existent and frankly most of the senior leaders in engineering aren't qualified for Aerospace industry or to lead. When "Leaders" in Engineering tell us we "suck" in a meeting and take no responsibility, that is a problem. Senior Leadership (third floor) are fun people but clueless, it is all a joke and morale is bad as the work is going away or transferring to Huntsville. Individual problems get no support because there is rarely on-site HR support, and email is not returned , just signs on the walls about a number to call for HR issues. Tools need to improve so we can get designs and draws moved thru the system faster. Investment needs to be made in IMS, or we should move under ISR in Colorado.

Advice to Management

This team cares about what we do, we want the management to communicate with us and care about support. We need to see leadership in action and presence

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clovis, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clovis, NM

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the program jobs are fulfilling and challenging.

Cons

Upper Management is very bad. They will get rid of anyone that won't do everything the say. They do not want smart independent people working for them. They prefer mindless robot, being that it's an at will company, people are always scare to make any wave. If you have integrity, don't work for this company. It will not be a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

Get rid of most of your Program Manager and Directors. They are destroying your company!