KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sierra Wireless

Is this your company?

Sierra Wireless

Add a Review

Sierra Wireless Employee Reviews about "growth opportunity"

Updated May 2, 2018

Found 4 of over 225 reviews

3.6
Sierra Wireless President and CEO Kent Thexton (no image)
Kent Thexton
Pros
  • "Good work environment, Great colleagues(in 16 reviews)

• "They have a good work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's in the middle of nowhere in Richmond(in 5 reviews)

• "Growth opportunity can be limited if you are not digging yourself in the opened internal position(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "growth opportunity"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Firmware Engineer

Dec 18, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management seems to care, and you have lots of opportunity to learn new things. Works are challenging though, but the are available resources within your team usually .

Cons

not much growth opportunity or promotion

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback – we believe in rewarding our employees for their performance and commitment to this organization.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I love working here

Mar 2, 2017 - Sales Operations in Richmond, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome team, good benefits, good working environment. I've been with this company for over 14 years and there is a reason why I haven't left. I'm not a rarity, there are many that's been here for over 10 years and that says a lot about the type of company Sierra is. It takes care of its employees.

Cons

Location is in Richmond, can be far for some to get to, especially when you have to cross a bridge(s) to get there. Growth opportunity can be limited in certain positions.

3 people found this review helpful

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your positive feedback. We’re happy to hear that you’ve been enjoying your tenure with us, and we’re glad that you’ve been taking advantage of our new wellness program!

3. 4.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Embedded Software Project

Aug 15, 2014 - Software Engineer in Richmond, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of freedom to direct the quality and features of an embedded software project. The management is demanding nonetheless and expects a high quality deliverable. Did not have to work exceedingly long hours.

Cons

The company is always evolving its product focus to catch the next growth opportunity. Typically this is highly correlated with maximizing the stock price. Therefore changes such as job termination, or major change in project focus is expected. Also has led to lack of quality, accountability, or untested features as the project tasks are more narrowly focused.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company

May 2, 2018 - Sales in Paris
      Business Outlook

Pros

IoT is an exciting topic where Sierra Wireless is a player

Cons

Growth opportunity can be limited if you are not digging yourself in the opened internal position.

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your feedback. We encourage employees to speak with their managers and HR to develop a plan for their career and growth.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews