Sig Sauer Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 20, 2019

3.3
Ron J. Cohen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good Pay, Tons of Overtime available, Relaxed Environment while still remaining serious, Friendly Coworkers/Staff Overall" (in 10 reviews)

• "Fast-paced business, growing quickly" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast paced, can get tough to keep up with" (in 9 reviews)

• "I would stay away unless you don’t mind working in a toxic work environment" (in 4 reviews)

1. "You get out what you put in."

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Newington, NH
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Newington, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary / benefits
    Rewarded for hard work
    Competitive Medical / Dental
    Job advancement potentiality

Cons

Employee complacency
    Lack of discipline
    Lack of transparency at times

Advice to Management

I will give credit where credit is due. Is Sig Sauer a perfect organization? No. Does Sig Sauer reward hard working individuals as best as they can? Yes. I have held two positions in my two years at Sig Sauer, and I have learned a lot about the organization in that timeframe. With 24 years of manufacturing experience, In my opinion the personnel that do not appreciate Sig and the environment / culture are people that have never worked in a real manufacturing environment. A real manufacturing environment is far more difficult, far less communicative and actually hold their employees accountable for their negative actions that affect the company. In other work environments employees will have negative consequences passed down by their supervisors when it is appropriate, not at Sig Sauer. I feel the manufacturing / quality personnel take for granted the situation they are in and are extremely lucky to not be disciplined further. It is my opinion this company rewards the employees that give maximum effort, and care about the positions they hold. I have experienced first hand that this is the case and witnessed many others be rewarded with their hard work. I would however advise Sig Sauer to look at the redundant layers of (supervisors) that have a negligible affect on the process and personnel they oversee. The success of many departments and shifts are accomplished in spite of the supervisors, and create malcontent amongst the employees which is completely understandable. I do wish at times the senior management was more available, however I understand they are busy and probably have more important things going than the daily operations of the facility or interactions with the floor employees. I personally have sent a few e mails to the highest levels of the organization and it would be nice for them to once and a while acknowledge that communication, however I understand this concern is a first world problem. Keep doing your best Sig, that is what I, and my family who I support ask of you!

Feb 18, 2019 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your experience with SIG SAUER. We appreciate your comments, and are glad to know that your experience is such a positive one.

We... More

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at SIG SAUER for many years and I love my job. It's a fun, fast paced work environment and the days fly by! There really is so much opportunity for growth in all areas at this company. The employee benefits are great!

Cons

work/life balance could be better

Feb 18, 2019 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review as a current SIG SAUER employees. We sincerely appreciate your comments and are happy to hear that your experience at SIG SAUER continues to be... More

"Worst Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some really great people at the bottom of the totem pole, and if you find them they will have your back. Honestly, the only people who have really taken an initiative on seeing & helping me succeed there were fellow co-workers, not the higher-ups. Most of the lower-end managers truly want you to succeed even though they really have no power to help you do so.

Cons

Every single thing you are told is subject to change without notice at any time. They would rather throw money at problems instead of making smart, practical decisions that would benefit everybody. They drag their feet on promoting people for months and months and months. Day shift gets micromanaged so much I'm surprised they don't make you schedule your bathroom breaks. Night shift gets treated like second-class employees. Weekend shift? Well...

Last month we had a meeting regarding changing our work schedule. We were told things were in the works but that nothing would change until at least late March. On Monday the weekend shift was informed that their shift was now eliminated effective next week; all those people were given a week's notice that their lives are being completely reshuffled. On Tuesday all the temps were let go. We had some incredible temps, who were conveniently going to be hired full-time this week. Today I was told that I'm being reassigned to a location that more than doubles my commute, and I'm not being paid any more even though I'm now spending more money on gas and wear and tear on my vehicle. So I'm effectively having money taken from me because of the company. My manager fought to keep me and had several legitimate reasons to do so but Sig doesn't care.

And the coffee tastes like crap.

Advice to Management

It's actually laughable how poorly managed this place is. Stop throwing money at bad workers and invest money and time in training the people who are actually invested in the job, actually offer the courses you've been saying for months that you're looking into. And STOP telling people that they can go as far as they want if they work for it; you're lying.

4. "Steady Employment"

Former Employee - Administrative Tech
    Former Employee - Administrative Tech

I worked at Sig Sauer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to get work done at my own pace.

Cons

Not a great work environment

"Be cautious about what your told"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people. Decent working conditions.

Cons

Going through a lot of changes. I have been with the company several years. They say one thing do another. HR only seems concerned with protecting management. Supervisors for the most part protecting themselves and hiding things from their bosses. They want more in less time.

Advice to Management

Start treating workers with respect. Communicate better.

Jan 21, 2019 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear about your negative review of SIG SAUER as a current employee. Your comments and concerns are important feedback for us as they help us grow as a company... More

6. "It's more of a family than my family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newington, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newington, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've never seen a place where everyone is excited about where they work, every day. The amount of pride is contagious and the CEO cares more about every person than anywhere I've worked. At all the outings he singles out people on the floor to people in the offices and constantly says the most important thing we have is our people.

Cons

Taking time off is frowned upon. If you watch a clock waiting to leave, should probably look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Thank you.

Jan 7, 2019 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your positive review. While SIG SAUER welcomes and appreciates all reviews regarding our company, we are extremely pleased to know that employees like yourself continue to have a... More

7. "A very happy current employee!"

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time

Pros

I love my job, the work environment is fast paced and innovative. A pro is definitely that most of the employees I interact with seem to have a great sense of comradery and purpose. The company also has great benefits and a beautiful HQ.

Cons

A fast paced work environment can sometimes be stress full and a bit hectic. If this is not an ideal environment for you, I would not suggest applying.

Dec 5, 2018 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

8. "Assembler"

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Wilsonville, OR
    Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at Sig Sauer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice and helpful people, benefits.

Cons

work 7 days a week, no organization, lousy management.

Advice to Management

Chill

Oct 8, 2018 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review. SIG SAUER is committed to creating a collaborative work environment where our employees, at every level, can grow and succeed. While we are disappointed to hear your... More

9. "Cbc machinist"

I worked at Sig Sauer full-time

Pros

Good pay. Treated fairly well

Cons

Good luck finding housing in the area.

Sep 4, 2018 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

We... More

"Sig Sauer"

I worked at Sig Sauer full-time

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits package

Cons

Severely lacking in strategy deployment and team work.

Sep 4, 2018 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear about your negative review of SIG SAUER as a former employee. Your comments and concerns are important feedback for us as they help us grow as a company. We... More