Sig Sauer Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Ron J. Cohen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Pay, Tons of Overtime available, Relaxed Environment while still remaining serious, Friendly Coworkers/Staff Overall (in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits and working conditions (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast paced, can get tough to keep up with (in 7 reviews)

• Work-life balance can get out of wack if you let it (in 3 reviews)

1. "I love my job"

Current Employee - CNC Programmer in Exeter, NH
    Current Employee - CNC Programmer in Exeter, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working on state of the art equipment, able to develop my skills further than previous employers, lots of opportunity

Cons

The only con that I have had so far is I live quite a distance but that is a con no matter where I work.

2. "Corporation with a startup entrepreneurial feel. More family than conglomorate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newington, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newington, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everyone has a steak in the business, CEO will be seen walking every facility. You might see the General Counsel at the pro shop buying Sig t-shirts. Amazing pride behind the brand.

Cons

Not the place for someone that thinks leaving at 5:01 is "staying late." Work hard and you are rewarded.

Advice to Management

Keep the family feel

May 18, 2018 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your experience with SIG SAUER. We appreciate your comments, and are glad to know that your experience is such a positive one. FYI: we don't... More

3. "SIG SAUER, Inc."

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Newington, NH
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Newington, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked full time as an executive assistant for ~3 years before moving to a part time role. It is refreshing to work with / for an upper management team that truely cares and tries to make the best decisions for the employees, the company, and the product (I have worked for other companies in as an excutive assistant role as a comparison).

Additionaly, I feel SIG provides employees with the benefits of a mid size company (opportunities, stability, HR structure, resources, etc.) while still maintaining some aspects of a smaller company (people typcally are not 'above' doing something and are usually very willing to help personally or help find the correct resource).

Cons

SIG SAUER can be off-putting to some due to the fast pace enviroment.

May 18, 2018 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your positive review. While SIG SAUER appreciates all reviews regarding our company, both positive and negative, we are especially pleased to know that you have had a good experience... More

4. "Great Hands On Company"

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time

Pros

Everyone is invested in and passionate about their work. Someone is always willing to help you out.

Cons

Fast paced, can get tough to keep up with.

May 18, 2018 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your experience with SIG SAUER. We appreciate your comments, and are glad to know that your experience was such a positive one. Such... More

5. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, fast pace, environment where you are continually learning, with the opportunity to work along side amazing, intelligent, passionate people. SIG values it's employees who continually strive to make us a better place.

Cons

Not enough hours in the day sometimes

Advice to Management

Spend more time with the works on the floor

May 7, 2018 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

6. "Loving Every Minute of it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Sig Sauer has been a very rewarding experience. The company promises its employees that when it grows, so will the work force. That seems simple, but the reality is, I have seen the company invest in its people with salaries, company wide bonuses, training, and high end machines and equipment. The aggressive personality of Sig is a welcome change to the passive non committed places I have worked in the past.

Cons

Pretty sure if you don’t want to work for Sig, you won’t for long. You will either be a contributor to the process, or you will be asked to leave. I’m not sure if that’s a Con or a Pro, I guess it depends on which side of the door your standing.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the honesty, and the transparency of the CEO. He knows his business, and his work force personally. I hope this growth won’t change how he interacts with us.

May 7, 2018 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your experience with SIG SAUER. We appreciate your comments especially the ones regarding "Cons" and "Advice to Management", and are glad to... More

7. "Winning - it feels good."

Current Employee - Engineer in Exeter, NH
    Current Employee - Engineer in Exeter, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SIG has gone from a footnote in the firearms industry to one of the top 5 firearm companies in the U.S. in the space of a single decade. We are winning daily. Every day new innovations are being produced, better processes are being implemented, and more great people are being hired. The M17 contract with the U.S. Military is just the most recent of a series of big wins where SIG has literally made history. How many jobs have you had where you taking part in making history? I know I haven't had any until now..

There's definitely no shortage of work, and slackers tend to not to last very long, but the atmosphere is positive and encouraging. I have never felt mistreated or unfairly pressured by my management team - and that's a first for me. Overall its a challenging, but fun place to work. I rarely take stress home with me from work.

Also, if you get the chance to work with the director of R&D... take it. His collaborative style of communication, positive leadership and strong jawline make coming to work every day a real treat.

Cons

SIG is growing at an incredibly rapid rate - and there's a fair amount of growing pains that happen. Certain business groups can lag behind the growth curve at times, causing resources to be strained while staffing is increased and more resources are purchased to meet the new, higher demand.

From a big-picture perspective, a lot of our problems are similar to getting bruises from bags of money being thrown at your head. Yeah its painful, but that kind of pain is easy to tolerate when you understand that its a symptom of success.

Advice to Management

Hire more good people - as many as you can find.
    We're going to be growing for a long time to come.

8. "Current Employee"

Pros

Great team working environment with all that I've worked with, in all departments. Good support from upper management, who takes the needs of its employees into consideration, while staying focused on organizational goals. A challenging, fast paced environment.

Cons

There have been no cons.

Advice to Management

NA

May 7, 2018 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

9. "I look forward to work everyday"

Current Employee - Test Technician in Exeter, NH
    Current Employee - Test Technician in Exeter, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company that wants to be the very best in the industry. Work is fast paced and expectations are high, which is what I look for in a job. I'm not sure where all of these bad reviews are coming from, because working for Sig and under the CEO Ron Cohen has been awesome. Will you work long hours? Yes. Does the company expect you to give 110% every day? Yes. This is why Sig Sauer is one of the best firearms companies in the world. I have nothing but good things to say about working here.

Cons

People always find things to complain about. If you're passionate about firearms and want to be a part of a fast paced, continuously growing company then you'll have no complaints. Seek opportunities to advance, and management will help you along the way.

May 18, 2018 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

10. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Vice President in Epping, NH
    Current Employee - Vice President in Epping, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SIG SAUER offers a challenging, rewarding and Spirit De Corps atmosphere seldom matched by a company of its size. The hands on leadership, personal approach and total commitment to the firearms industry and it's users is second to none. I've personally witnessed SIG SAUER using absolutely every resource to meet a requirement, short-fall or assist in a personnel matter.

Cons

If you're part of the entitlement generation, SIG SAUER is not for you. Quality work is rewarded at SIG SAUER, if you don't do quality work, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Continue to Lead By Example and set the standard across all fronts. Hire the "right" people and retain the "right" people. SIG's history is deep and the respect for the products is as deep. When It Counts, Never Settle and Where the Professionals Train are all true tag lines!