Sightline Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "No leadership"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Sightline Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We provided good service to oncology patients. Nice technology. State of the art systems. Dedicated employees who care about patients.

Cons

Owner has low self esteem and has to make every decision himself. Writes his own accolades in HBJ and Inc 500 publications.

Advice to Management

Allow people to have ownership in processes and decisions. Open lines of communication and enable creativity.

2. "Patients are wonderful corporate 👎🏻"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sightline Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

working with cancer patients is rewarding in its own kind of way. It has really put things in perspective. And to be a part of the patients treatment team is so fulfilling- it always amazes me when a patient asks me about my life or how my sick kid is doing. So selfless and full of gratitude.

Cons

Never in the 2 years there did I get the promised performance review or merit increase that I was supposedly getting. No bonuses. Layoffs with nothing but unemployment.

Advice to Management

Don't tell someone that they can have a raise and then not give it to them. If you aren't authorized to say so then don't say. Anything. No room to advance.

3. "Medical Billing and Collections Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Strong, Determined and understanding management

Cons

Located in Bellaire, not closed home

4. "experienced professional"

Former Employee - Collection Specialist in Katy, TX
    Former Employee - Collection Specialist in Katy, TX

I worked at Sightline Health (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Employees were friendly and helpful

Cons

Management wax controlling wit no real advice on how to do things.

5. "Frustrating"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

The coworkers were loyal to the patients, dedicated to providing excellent patient care

Cons

lack of communication between management and the different clinical sites they managed

Advice to Management

become more transparent

6. "Exceptional company to work for"

Pros

Smaller company meaning more opportunity for growth really sets this company apart from all the other companies in the health sector

Cons

Still growing meaning certain policies and procedures are still in transition and overall need to adjust to the big business

Advice to Management

Keep getting skilled workers and make sure to promote more within as well as promote education as a key aspect

7. "Great Company- Not sure where these other reviewers work...."

Pros

This is a young company, so if you make it known and excel there are opportunities to advance. Management does a lot to show employees Patient care is always put first, and no corners are cut there. This is truely a place I would be treated for radiation oncology myself. I also like that management approaches problems differently than the 'same old way' it has been done in Radiation Oncology for years. That is where excellence comes from- new ideas. On the benefits side, this is obviously a smaller company, but they still pay for health benefits in full for the employee- which is more than I can say for the big hospital systems in the community.

Also, I feel comforted at am with a company that is growing in this economy where many of my friends and their spouses have been laid off.

Cons

I think the biggest con is the youth of the company. At times the company doesn't necessarily have the infrastructure and policies in place for certain things that will certainly be there over time. The company is growing so fast that in a lot of ways there are parts of the organization that haven't quite caught up to itself.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company, but look back at the facilities that are already operating and what pieces might be missing in the organization.

8. "Super NIce People - Maybe don't need to be so nice ??"

Pros

Autonomy; People are extremely nice from the top down; Clean atmosphere; not afraid to spend money to give the staff what they need to perform their jobs.

Cons

Too much autonomy at the clinic level at times - clinic management can do what they want and corporate may never know or turns a blind eye. Nice doesn't always get the job done. Training could be improved upon with the radiation oncologists in the area of what Sightline expects from them. They are not GOD.

Advice to Management

Provide more supervision of all sites and provide support to your staff that keep things going regardless of the facility administrator's dedication to the job.