Signature Flight Support "interesting people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Signature Flight Support Employee Reviews about "interesting people"

Updated 29 Jun 2019

3.1
Signature Flight Support CEO Maria A. Sastre (no image)
Maria A. Sastre
Pros
  • "The place has so great people to work with and the management is the best I've ever worked with(in 10 reviews)

• "Get to work outside, meet some interesting people(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay for how much work you have to do, especially when youre the only one at the desk(in 14 reviews)

• "Customer service is only given lip service(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "interesting people"

Return to all Reviews

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, CA

I have been working at Signature Flight Support full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No two days are the same. We get to meet some of the most interesting people in the world, and we work with airplanes and pilots! What's not to like?

Cons

The ability to get promoted is a little stagnant unless you are mobile. People stay in promoted positions for a long time because its a great company to work for. If you are not tied down to one area, the possibilities are endless.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to improve the product and service. It feels great to work for a world class organization.

Signature Flight Support2016-09-28

"If you're going to work here, be careful of your location."

Current Employee - Line Service Technician

I have been working at Signature Flight Support full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get to work outside, meet some interesting people.

Cons

Pay seems low for the work being done. High turnover rate caused by a hostile work environment. At my location, three CSRs have quit in the past year, citing one of the other CSRs as their reason, while the most senior of the remaining CSRs allegedly brags about driving some of them off. Majority of line service techs are underhanded and will actively lie to the manager's face to try and get their coworkers... fired. Management is aloof at best, only seems to care about money coming in at worst.

Advice to Management

You're going to lose a lot of good people unless these issues get sorted out. For all the talk that the company is a family, it doesn't feel like I can trust anyone at all.

Signature Flight Support2019-06-29
  3. "Good entry level job"

I have been working at Signature Flight Support full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule and you meet interesting people

Cons

They have very small annual raises

Signature Flight Support2017-04-10

"Room for growth if you put in the work."

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Signature Flight Support full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Meet interesting people. No experience necessary. Good room for growth if you work hard, put in the effort to learn, and you're willing to move.

Cons

Turn over, low wages for entry level which makes it difficult to hire good people. Low raises. Corporate struggles to invest in current locations while acquiring new ones constantly.

Advice to Management

Work harder towards developing a culture that rewards and appreciates the employees.

Signature Flight Support2016-07-01

"Fun and fast paced"

Current Employee - Air Concierge in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Signature Flight Support full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to see some interesting people. Free coffee, snacks, sometimes you even get food from the airplanes, overtime opportunity, some tips.

Cons

no lunch breaks, tho when you add all the slow times you could say you had 2-3hors of break. no career advancement = no motivation to excel.

Signature Flight Support2016-06-11
  6. "Fun place to work, management not so good"

Former Employee - Line Service Tech in Houston, TX

I worked at Signature Flight Support full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, always something different, meet a lot of interesting people, majority of the employees are great to work with, really good benefits

Cons

Management is lacking, lack of respect for their employees, poor business communication skills, drama drama drama, a few lazy co workers so be willing to learn quick and work on your own.

Advice to Management

Work on figuring out how to talk to people without being offensive, value your employees, and learn the job of your employees, be willing to help when short handed, be willing to talk with irate customers when you are requested, lead by example, don't expect things of your employees that you yourself wouldn't do.

Signature Flight Support2016-04-15
  7. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Line Service Technician in Dallas, TX

I worked at Signature Flight Support part-time for less than a year

Pros

You meet so many interesting people. Get to touch expensive aircraft Workload can be very minimal at times. Employees are usually ex military so they always have cool stories. Gives you great insight into the aviation world. You get to drive some pretty high end cars. You never know what to expect from day to day. Famous celebrities flying in are pretty common.

Cons

The weather conditions can be your best friend or worst enemy. When it's busy, its busy!! Being that its a customer service job you deal with some pretty rude people.

Advice to Management

Management wasn't bad for the most part

Signature Flight Support2015-02-07

"Line Service Technician"

Current Employee - Line Service Technician in Washington, DC

I have been working at Signature Flight Support full-time for more than a year

Pros

So many different types of aircraft. We got everything from military jet fighters, army and air-force transport aircraft, private and corporate aircraft, and the even one prototype experimental fighter jet. You meet a lot of interesting people, for me at Dulles International we got celebrities, politicians, military, it was fun at times. Depending on your location, the tips are great. Ive seen people get off a... plane and literally hand out $100 each to the guys working the aircraft. Whenever Papa John flies in, he hands out $10 off coupons for pizza. Pro and Con at least where I worked, a good deal of overtime if you want it. Its done by seniority, ive seen people work an 80 hour week just cause. Honestly, I have worked at two locations and management is just different depending on where you go. I was very happy with my previous GM, he was great and actually cared about us as people.

Cons

You will be outside in every type of weather condition for several hours if its a busy day. You will be walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, kneeling in rain, heat, snow, whatever. There was a battle of sorts going on between the union guys and management, drama like any workplace. If you are new and past your probation then you are eligible to be "frozen" for the next shift if someone called out sick and no one will... take the overtime. You can get really hurt if you don't pay attention. Ive seen two coworkers lose the tip of their finger, one person has died at my location, and last year at our base in Boston an employee was run over by a truck. Pay could be higher for what we are expected to do.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to meet every request the customer wants on the busiest of days. I dont care if they are platinum or VIP and want to be pulled up when we have no space as there are 5 planes taxing onto the ramp in the next 10 min. Stop watching out your windows and micromanaging everything happening, Raise the pay, its unfair that we are paid less than the people whose job it is to make cookies and coffee, and drive... flight crews to their hotels.

Signature Flight Support2015-01-14

"Inept management that cannot or does not understand teamwork and market competition"

Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Signature Flight Support full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting job where you meet great, interesting people and brush up against the best, famous and interesting people of the world

Cons

Where do I start. . . Signature believes they are the best but cannot get one of their FBO's rated in the top 50 in the world because they chase away traffice due to EXCESSIVELY high and unreasonable charges. I believe they would charge you for the air you breath while at their facility if they could. Management is there for one reason which is to make sure that someone else gets fired instead of them. Managers... are very misleading but comes from misleading information from corporate which will change policy, procedure or safety on a whim and change it back later without apologies. Business? Signature has no comprehension of competing in a marketplace. They use a European model of business that does not fit the US marketplace therefore customers can't wait to never come back and tell all their friends, business acquaintances and even their enemies to never to a Signature facility. If your in the professional avaition field don't tell anyone that you worked for Signature as they can't wait to tell you how they go out of there way to avoid a signature facility.

Advice to Management

As always listen to your employees as they will give you the answer to growth, high customer service and improved profits. Scheeringa and company should get out and visit the competition to understand the difference between luxury service provided and Signatures we charge for everything possible and never fix or solve customer complaints process' In other words don't just "talk the talk" you have to "walk the... walk"

Signature Flight Support2013-01-30

"One of the longest, mind numbing nine months of my life."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Signature Flight Support full-time for less than a year

Pros

leftover catering, meet interesting people.

Cons

After graduating college, my options for employment were limited. I tried customer service at SIgnature and I feel like I wasted nine months of my life. The management is the most unorganized, unethical, biased group of people I have ever worked with. Favoritism runs throughout Signature including special overtime shifts posted, getting out of doing strenuous jobs and getting certain days off. Due to being in the... union my position was saved but everyone in management seemed expendable. No matter how hard you work, you are never recognized. To successfully skate through being an employee here you must do the least amount of work as possibly and you will "succeed". The only time management talks to you is when you do something wrong. I do not feel a a successful company can be run on those principles.

Advice to Management

-Take a seminar regarding appropriate ways to interact with employees. -Learn and accept it is not CSR's/LST's against management. -Must actually be personable and potentially have a sense of humor. -Quit before your position is eliminated like almost everyother department has been.

Signature Flight Support2012-07-08