Signtronix Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Signtronix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

unlimited income potential and freedom of schedule.

Cons

100% commission position with no base salary

Advice to Management

continue to work on culture and getting team members together to meet each other and share skills

2. ""But wait, there's more!" Deceptive and high-pressure sales with a company that doesn't care about you at all"

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative

I worked at Signtronix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very few. What good is it to be your own boss if you spend more money than you make? IF you make a sale, the 20% deposit goes right to you, sure, but you are walking in unannounced in the year 2017 hoping to walk out with a check for $1,000+ made out not to the company, but to you personally. What savvy business owner in their right mind would do that?

Cons

First off, all of these 5 star reviews are eerily similar in wording and chronologically very close together. I'd bet an arm and a leg they plant reviews in order to get more sales reps.
    Why try to get so many sales reps? They don't need to pay you unless they get paid. Commission only means they have no skin in the game, and even though Tom Johnson, one of the most senior people at the company, fed me the company line and told me he was so sure I could be really successful, after I called him just months after quitting he didn't remember me at all.
    The sales tactics are some of the highest pressure I've ever seen, and I've been in sales for years. It is by necessity a cold call AND one-call-close. The whole presentation is set in stone and there is no opportunity to tweak it even a little for the modern buyer who doesn't need a sleazy door-to-door salesman to be their primary source of education about this sort of product. You must, at all costs, avoid saying anything about the price until the very end at a precise time when you've "conditioned" the prospect to want to buy. Do you know how many people just get irritated with a salesman encroaching on their time while they're working and taking two hours (at least) to give a full presentation that shares a lot of aspects of, say, a time-share seminar? The answer is: everyone with a phone. They know they can go online and find prices within a minute, and you need to keep them reeled in so they don't have the time to do that. If you give them the price right off the bat, they will never buy it. You MUST force an impulse decision on small businesses who simply cannot afford a $10,000 sign. Think about it: no business owner woke up that morning thinking, "I need a sign" let alone "I need to spend at least a few thousand dollars for a sign without doing any research whatsoever". THAT is your goal, and it puts a huge financial burden on these poor mom and pop businesses who really don't know any better. You're told to essentially go to smaller "underserved" towns and take advantage of these people. I can't disclose trade secrets given the rules on reviews, but their tactics are downright shady, uncaring, greedy, and slimy.
    Furthermore, you must travel. A lot. Do not expect to be reimbursed for costs, because like I said, with a commission only job the company just hires a lot of people and only needs very few of them to be successful in order to make a profit.
    DO NOT WORK HERE. Everyone who has worked here (who I know of) left because they couldn't afford to keep the job, which is a moronic state of affairs to find yourself in when you think about it.
    Don't believe me? Look online. Search for the Signtronix Scam, and look over a site called Ripoff report. You not only don't want to start a job with no opportunities, you don't want to make a living by pulling the wool over peoples' eyes and saddle them with years of lease payments that are non-cancellable.

Advice to Management

Get with the times. No one wants a door-to-door salesman leading them through a deceptive, old-fashioned pitch that is obviously geared towards making a decision on a purchase of at least a few thousand dollars from some random stranger who came in unannounced and clearly only sees you as a commission.
    The entire pitch is so gimmicky and it's pretty much impossible to justify making this purchase without doing any research, especially when people have phones in their pockets that allow them to get pricing without a shady salesman who is trained to constantly and deliberately ignore their concerns and avoid talking about price.

3. "A great place to work"

Former Employee - Lead Graphic Artist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Graphic Artist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Signtronix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay, great people

Cons

Some inconsistencies with security (position-wise)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

4. "It could be better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I worked at Signtronix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family ran company..... flexible hours

Cons

April Zhong.... she is awful this woman drags the whole company down

Advice to Management

stop hiring your family

"AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE"

I worked at Signtronix full-time

Pros

NO PROS - NO PROS - NO PROS

Cons

Avoid working at this company like the plague! Upper Management is a group of old geezers who are living in the stone ages and have no concept of the changing times. Their business model consists of sleezy door-to-door salesmen that use persuasive sales tactics to sell signs to naive, simple mom and pop business owners.
    They lay-off MULTIPLE employees EVERY MONTH. Senior employees that work there are horrible and will say anything to throw you under the bus to protect their own position. There is no opportunity for growth and no future there. Very negative and toxic environment. This place is a complete joke. Don't waste your time applying for a job there. You're better off working at McDonald's flipping burgers than working at this ridiculous company.

Advice to Management

RETIRE

6. "Gained great experience working at Signtronix."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Torrance, CA

I worked at Signtronix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Signronix for 3 years and 3 months ; and I didn't think I would grow nearly as much as I did. I learned so much from Debra Hazboun in my technical dispatch position. I was promoted over to sales support for the Guru department and learned so much on sales support from Jasmine Lam. I have to say working side by side with CEO Tom Boren was the biggest learning experience anywhere from building relationships with clients to sales skills he believed in me and was always supportive. I'm very grateful admire him deeply.

Cons

I would have to say that there isn't any cons from working at Signtronix. This place was really a great place to be employed at and I grew and learned so much from every individual in there. There is no cons on working there.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage employees to do their best and help Signtronix to continue to grow more and more. Always be supportive to employees at all time through hard situations and work as a team each day to do all tasks at it's best potential.

7. "Graphic Artist"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer

Pros

Very creative, fast pace, always busy, great people to work for.

Cons

far from home, not enough hours, too many layoffs

Advice to Management

no advice. They did a great job

"Decent for a young salesrep"

Pros

This is a great 1099 job if you need to make some quick money and are capable of travelling

Cons

You have to travel to make money here, there is no way to work local be be successful.

Advice to Management

Focus on more ride alongs and hiring capable employees for the other reps to train.

"Cold calls"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Signtronix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get paid immediately upon sale

Cons

No leads! All cold calling

Advice to Management

Implement a marketing team for leads

"District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Signtronix full-time

Pros

I have been with Signtronix for 15 years. I love it,freedom to work where chose & the hours are business hours. No late nights or weekend required. You get out of it exactly what you put into it. Rule of thumb..YOU have to mantain POSITIVE ATTITUDE. No stinking thinking allowed.

Cons

Inclement weather conditions. Little challenging to look professional in really hot or raining weather.