Sigue Corp Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Guillermo de la Vina

"Enough!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am not one to write a review but it is sad to see all of the half truths or lies that current or former co workers write. The company and De La Vina family are honest people who care about the employees. I dare anyone to go and find a company that has casual fridays, company 401K match, good benefits with minimal increase, catered lunches, thanksgiving cards,

Cons

most company's are not perfect. Segue has and will continue to change but let's face it. So of my co workers skate at work and expect others to either do there work or make excuses for why they can't do the work. Segue has noticed this and has begun to make changes.

Advice to Management

May be don't do lay offs to get rid of the waste but find other ways to get them out. I know that others feel the same way. It is not fair that this leeches suck our blood when they should be looking at the mirror and asking did I just get fired for sucking at what I do. yes, there is little training but if anyone wants to succeed finding the way is ultimately up to us
    Sad how to kiss butt to the owner but bash the person that puts food and roof over our heads

"Worst Company I have ever worked for!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

Pros

The employees is te eat part!

Cons

Management is absolutely unprofessional and they take advantage of their positions.

"WORST COMPANY & MANAGEMENT IN THE WORLD! STAY AWAY"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros here are my co-workers, make life easier here. Other than that nothing.

Cons

Our Dept Executive has no experience running our department. They put people with no experience at all to run things. Very difficult to work with people who have no idea how things work. The CEO is losing control of the company. He hires "Consultants" to help improve things but end up causing more issues for the company. Waste money, constant layoffs, unrealistic deadline, expect you to work day and night. The HR leaders are none existent and usually "brush thing under the rug" when any type of harassment issues are reported. The executive team has no idea what they are doing. You can't trust the HR Director, You can't trust anything any senior manager or executive says or promise. Very dangerous place to work at. Very unethical and untrustworthy. I can go on and on but I think I have said enough. Please do yourself a favor, Stay Away. This ship is sinking worst than the Titanic.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of where the sun doesn't shine and realize that you are all the reason why this company is no longer profitable. You are the reason why this fails.

"Minimum wage, no training other than filling out paperwork"

Current Employee - Sales in Sylmar, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None.Their is no career opportunities. Anyone saying otherwise is just a paid post. Look at all the negative reviews and then compare to the "fabulous" reviews. You know better!
    Better be ready to trick store owners into signing blank contracts promising money etc., on which you'll never deliver.

Cons

Sales reps start at $20,000 to $25,000 per year. Territory Managers at $30,000-$35,000 per year plus up to $30,000 in bonuses if you hit your monthly gains (almost impossible, since they raise them every quarter.
    You have to pay for your gas, and any travel costs up-front. You will get paid after submitting detailed receipts in about 30 days (fuel is max of $500 even if you spent more, food $10 for breakfast, $15 lunch $20 dinner max when on an approved sales trip. Local meals are never included). That means, you will pay your credit card's monthly interest for the company travel. No ifs or buts about it.
    If you work on the West Coast (headquarters), you will be up at 8AM every day for phone or internet meetings. You are expected to work 5-7 days a week.
    Bonuses for signing agents to long term deals paid after 90 days only if they are productive. That means, you won't know until 91+ days if the work you did will make you any extra money. Minimum of $200 with a max of $600 for each long term contract. After a while, you'll notice you're not getting paid bonuses for a multitude of excuses from the agent not depositing on time, to not enough wire transfers, to a business license not on file, even though they approved the agent to send wire transfers!
    As written by others here, monthly layoffs of sales people even if they are meeting their sales quotas.Others are let go because they make more than the newer sales people. This company will nickel and dime you to death. When I started working, gas allowance was $1,000. Less than a year later it was $700, later it was $500 and it will probably keep going lower. You use your own vehicle and put upwards of 30,000 miles each year. You pay for your own maintenance. Current IRS statutes allow .58 cents per business mile. At $500 gas allowance that would mean less than 900 miles per month. You will easily do this in 1 week.

Advice to Management

You know your problems, nothing I or anyone else says will make you change.
    As had been heard said by the CEO - Don't waste your time training sales people, just throw them out on the street. If they don't work out, we'll get new people to do the job.

6. "Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Katy, TX

I have been working at Sigue Corp (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Bi weekly Payments, Grown Opportunities, Travel Reinvursments

Cons

Too Much Inconvenience with other departments when processing agencies

Advice to Management

Review the internal process

"Worst place ever worked at"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

I worked at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not many. No one really cares what you do and there is absolutely no communication or expectation so it's a pretty "easy" job.

Cons

I would give a negative or zero raiting if I could.

The owner is stupid - has no idea how to run business and is looking for the next get rich quick scheme. No senior management - only high paying people pretending to be managers. There are 2 morons running around like chickens trying to change the world but they are stupid also.

Workers are not happy and are only stay here until they find something else.

Advice to Management

What is the point no one listens.

For all other workers that is still working there - leave when you can. You deserve better!

"Stay Away! Dont leave a good job for one at Sigue."

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Sylmar, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sigue used to be a good company who cared about their employees, but now its a graveyard of people waiting to be let go.

Cons

Mass layoffs for the last three years, no raises for five years. they let go of the senior managers who cared and kept the clowns. They keep telling us not worry that we are strong, but we all see through the BS. CEO is a joke who hires his friends with no experience. HR doesn't even say hi to the employees or care what they think. Im leaving as soon as I can get another job.

Advice to Management

nothing can fix the damage you have done to a company that used to be great.

"Excellent Company!"

Current Employee - Manager in Sylmar, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at Sigue has been a rewarding experience. I have had opportunities for career advancement. If you are a dedicated and hard worker you will be recognized.

Cons

Employees are spread out between 3 buildings

"Time to Jump Ship Before it Sinks!"

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time

Pros

I can't think of a single positive thing to say about Sigue. Every day that I'm employed here, I die a little inside.

Cons

HR is encouraging Sigue employees to write reviews here so here it is...Sorry HR, probably not what you were expecting.

Hell, where do I even start? The company had a positive future. They were turning things around by listening to trusted advisors and bringing in good talented people to fundamentally revolutionize Sigue. They had great, actionable plans and projects that would have put Sigue on par with the big players in the money transfer sector. One year into a three year plan, what does the owner of the company do? FIRE ALL THE VISIONARIES and hire a couple of snake oil purveyors! At this point, I'm still not sure if they are scam artists or just complete morons, but in any case the old man (the owner) is buying it hook line and sinker and won't listen to any of his advisors about their concerns.

One of these new morons is the new "CTO" who has absolutely no experience managing anything bigger than making a sandwich. He is completely out of his league and only gets by because he has an absolute inability to use the word "no" to the old man and by being able to regurgitate (without any understanding) what the last person he met with tried (and failed) to explain to him. This guy's ignorance of anything related to modern technology not only makes him look stupid, but it also makes him dangerous. If he goes unchecked, he will end up bankrupting Sigue. Mark my works.

I am trying to get the hell out of here before it sucks any more life out of me. If you work here get out while you can. Why wait until the next round of layoffs in September and December?

Advice to Management

Too much damage is already done for any actionable advice to be given here. If by some miracle, Sigue survives Moron 1 and Moron 2, the owner needs to hand over the reigns to a real business person. Mr De La Vina's gambling with crazy and ill-advised business decisions and childish impatience is getting old.

"STAY AWAY!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Sylmar, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Sylmar, CA

I worked at Sigue Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people their are great. I miss my co-workers but not the company.

Cons

Dysfunctional, dysfunctional, dysfunctional at the very top and a few key upper management positions. This company is being run into the ground from the top. Still using 1970's technology, fax and red phone service for our customers. Owner can't seem to figure out what to do some he keeps buying the next shiny object he can find hoping it will fix the problem but he never sticks with it. Throwing money and good people away is standard operating procedure for this owner and he hasn't got a clue. Revenue is going down consistantly year after year and thre is no end in site. Stay away from this place, you could lose your job as they have "layoffs" every June to by the owners next new shiny object.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone that knows how to run a technology business and go retire in the Bahamas or you risk losing it all.