KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 151 of over 171 reviews

4.0
Sikich CEO Christopher Geier
Christopher Geier
Pros
  • "Overall the company focuses on your work/life balance(in 16 reviews)

• "Worked with great people in a good environment(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Health insurance is not very good(in 8 reviews)

• "Upper management can be more transparent(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Excellent Company

Dec 15, 2020 - Audit Supervisor in Alexandria, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small -medium sized clientele, fast paced challenging environment, supportive audit partner, collaborative environment, very flexible, excellent worklife balance. I worked at Halt Buzas & Powell (Washington DC) before it was acquired by Sikich LLP. The culture is excellent and everybody feels like family. The leadership is very generous and rewards hard work and excellence which is what any good employee can expect from their employer

Cons

Small medium sized clients can be challenging in their unique way. Smaller firms have a hard time in recruiting so its difficult to find employees to plug the holes during the busiest times. There are budget and time pressures which can be challenging to juggle.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Great firm

Jun 21, 2021 - Senior Auditor in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great people and very flexible work environment.

Cons

Client service, long hours, deadlines

3. 5.0

Flexible work arrangements

Jun 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since June, 2020, employees have the option to work at home full time.

Cons

No real downsides to mention

4. 4.0

Decent place to work

Jun 13, 2021 - Network Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have flexibility. Particularly good if you want to work from home.

Cons

Too many tools to keep track of to do one's work.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Firm

May 25, 2021 - Senior Manager in Naperville, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Terrific firm culture, leadership that you feel is there for your future success

Cons

Tough to take PTO at times

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Progressive Organization with Great Teammates

Nov 9, 2020 - Senior Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sikich has unmatched benefits, from remote work flexibility to unlimited paid time off. I've never worked for an organization, until Sikich, where I can take two weeks off for my wedding and still have days left to go to annual doctor, dental, vision appointments. Beyond that, our chief human resources officer knows everyone by name - and we are a company with over 1,000 employees across the country. During my first year at Sikich, she was familiar with my name and face, and three years later, she still reaches out. I truly believe that says a lot about a company's culture. Each year, my team goes through a performance review and we receive generous performance-based compensation increases. The company is definitely focused on talent retention and rewarding employees for hard work and commitment. There's an emphasis on collaboration, and as a result, I've developed great relationships with my colleagues. My peers absolutely want to see me succeed and encourage me to grow in my role. This is a great organization for professionals right out of college or still early in their career, as Sikich also places a focus on continuous learning and development opportunities that are extremely beneficial.

Cons

Every organization has its challenges, but Sikich provides the opportunity for you to make your career what you want. If you are unhappy about something, you have the privilege to speak to your supervisor about it and resolve any issues. That's what sets Sikich apart from other companies.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

May 5, 2021 - Audit Staff in Naperville, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team work in a remote environment

Cons

As you grow in career, many more work hours are needed.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

May 5, 2021 - Audit Staff
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work at.

Cons

no cons at this time

9. 3.0

Tax Intern

Jun 1, 2021 - Tax Intern in Naperville, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience for recent graduate.

Cons

Long hours demanded for interns and staff

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Breath of Fresh Air

Nov 11, 2020 - Senior Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I first applied at Sikich, they offered me above my asking salary! Then continued to reward for my hard work. Pay matters, and they pay well. They also are fully embracing work-life balance by offering everyone the option to work remotely, encouraging using our full flexible time off (4 weeks/year), and during COVID gave us extra floating holidays to decompress. The IT team was prepared and quick to get us set up with all the infrastructure and software to successfully work remote too. Clients noticed! I truly appreciate my direct managers and the partners I get to work closely with. They value and recognize my contributions.

Cons

The health insurance options are a little pricey and have somewhat high deductibles, but the HSA/FSA options help offset that. Sikich contributes to your HSA too. You can tell upper management and the C-suite has some favorite partners, but I think all the partners contribute something unique to the firm and their clients. The technology and CPA practice should also find more synergies. It seems like tech team is almost "above" working with CPA/Advisory at times.

Continue reading