FilterSenior Software Engineer
I have been working at Silicon Valley Bank full-time (More than 3 years)
There are a lot of changes happening within IT and some people are having a difficult time embracing which is why there are negative reviews here. The changes are much needed and are turning SVB into a digital and technology banking leader. For some people, managing expenses and prioritizing work so that key initiatives are the focus, is difficult and they will not thrive. For others, this new environment operates like every large technology organization and with the new capabilities being built for SVB clients, environment is awesome!!!!
Change is not happening fast enough in some areas and as a result, is hindering growth.
Advice to Management
Stay the course. Reward people that can see the vision and help others see it too. Think outside the box and continue to provide employees with opportunities to make a difference.
I worked at Silicon Valley Bank full-time
- Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
- Balanced benefits
- Unlimited vacations.
- Company laid off talented people from GDB(ramp down reason). Other groups having openings for the same roles.instead of retaining these people SVB is hiring people from outside.
- Upper management expectations are unrealistic.
- Business stakeholders and upper management are vision-less.
- Hands down the worst middle management ever in GDB- IT, absolutely no inter-personal skills, passively aggressive and yes men dummies. All are neither technically savvy nor efficient people managers.
- Joining GDB-IT is a career suicide.
I worked at Silicon Valley Bank full-time (More than a year)
Good benefits and great colleagues in some group.
Beware to join as an engineer in GDB group as management drives engineering decision and management doesn't know what they want to achieve. Management thinks engineers are puppet they can do anything with there career.
Advice to Management
Plan well and be transparent to team.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?