Silver Hill Funding Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Leslie E Smith
1 Rating

1. "Great work environment and exceptional management hands down!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Silver Hill Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My time with Silver Hill Funding has been extremely rewarding and fulfilling thus far. I am very fortunate to have amazing coworkers who are diligent, dedicated to their work, and easy to collaborate with. Our management is exceptional; I feel supported, appreciated, and able to make valuable contributions. The working environment is outstanding and I am grateful to be a part of Silver Hill.

Cons

No cons to share at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to have your open door policy... It makes a huge difference!

2. "Solid Management team"

Current Employee - Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Silver Hill Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A solid concept with a solid executive team that wants you to succeed. Parent company is rock solid and best to work for in Florida.

Cons

There is no downside when you have proper expectations. expect for this company to function like a start up , lots of changes, they happen quick, you're expected to adapt quick and wear many hats. I love it but if you want stable and predictable then this might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Stay ahead of any problems/needs you might anticipate coming.

3. "Thank you Silver Hill Funding!!"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

What an amazing company! Silver Hill Funding brought back all of the pros and runs a first-class operation. The interview process was positive and my experiences since joining the team have been excellent. Silver Hill provides the support needed to be successful and is a very "smart" company that quickly adjusts to the changing needs of its employees and the market.

Cons

I do not anticipate having any negative experiences with this stellar team.

5. "Amazing Culture, Great People, Meaningful Work"

Current Employee - Vice President in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Silver Hill Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Silver Hill Funding has an engaging and receptive executive team that only hires smart, enthusiastic, and fun people. Their philosophy is do the right thing every time and always share your ideas. They realize and are proud of the fact that SHF exists to help people live the American dream by helping customers buy small balance commercial real estate to house their small business. Their niche is sorely underserved by excessively cautious banks, resulting in rapid company growth. This results in lots of opportunity for every member of the team.

Cons

Their office is already bursting at the seams so they need more space. Email has been known to run slow or freeze a couple times each year.

Advice to Management

Because so many people want to join Silver Hill, please be very selective. Don't rush into hiring someone just because the work needs to get done. Don't lose the current "start up" vibe that has everyone super excited and engaged!

6. "Sales and marketing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Silver Hill Funding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture. Great people. Fair pay.

Cons

Unfortunately the financial crisis hit us hard.

Advice to Management

None

7. "Wholesale commercial mortgage lending"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

The people, the pay, the benefits, and if you love real estate and finance, then this was one of the best places to be. Management was excellent, they promoted several of the right people and the culture was top-notch!

Cons

It went from being on top to being almost gone so fast. There were some people that chose to engage in office politics and everyone knew a lot about one another... and talked at times. However, when so many people become close friends in a work environment, it's inevitable.

Advice to Management

Good luck during the dry stretch, I'd come back on board any time. Thanks for bringing me on, giving me an excellent training and opportunity, along with the promotion and the blessing when I left.