Silver Lake Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Silver Lake Partners Reviews

5.0
Dave Roux

1. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Pros

Wonderful tight knit office
    Great experience for college students

Cons

I couldn't find any issues with this company

2. "Executive Driver"

Former Employee - Private Chauffer in Medford, NY
    Former Employee - Private Chauffer in Medford, NY

I worked at Silver Lake Partners (More than 10 years)

Pros

I believe that Silver Lake will allow me to expand my abilities as an Executive Driver. I began working working for the founder of the company, Mr.Glenn Hutchins, when he started working as a principal partner in Blackstone Group LP. Later on he started his own company at Silver Lake partner in 1999, with another partner and two private assistants, and me as his personal driver. The company grew rapidly, but unfortunately, Mr.Hutchins, In December 2014 he called me to his office for a review of my work as his driver, just like every other year. In that review I was told that I was not going to be a full time driver anymore, and in April 2015 I was called to his office and informed me that he did not needed a full time driver anymore, and thank me for my services. I will always be grateful to Mr.Hutchins, for the opportunity he gave me.

Cons

When we started the company we would be working long hours, including weekends, going to see people who would like to invest in the company, and we did it for three years, until we hired more people to work for the company and eventually the company grew. Also, Mr.Hutchins was extremely stressed because he did not know what was going to happened, because we were just starting. Thankfully, everything went through, and successful. Eventually, the company began opening offices around the globe.

3. "Summer Intern"

Former Intern - Summer Analyst
    Former Intern - Summer Analyst

I worked at Silver Lake Partners as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The best PE in the business - every move they make is golden. Specialized tech focus > generalist.
    They invest like a PE but think like a VC.

As the PE field becomes more saturated, it is good for a PE to stay focused on a specific niche expertise = this is why SLP wins almost all the tech deals, and tech is becoming more and more relevant = positions SLP to win

This is the PE to be at.

Cons

None. Like any PE, deal velocity is slower than that at consulting/banking/growth equity. But makes up for that with great culture

Advice to Management

Source more consultants into operations group and deal team group