SilverTech Developer Reviews | Glassdoor

SilverTech Developer Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2015

Found 5 reviews

2.0
SilverTech CEO Yuvraj Soggu (no image)
Yuvraj Soggu

"Proud to work here"

Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working here for under half a year now and so far I really enjoy what I do at silvertech. Everyone here really loves what they do and are personally invested in doing good work. The sense of community in production is very strong, and laid back, yet productive at the same time. Work/life balance is good. Project Managers are pretty good at managing projects and making things happen so you can focus on... your work. Taco Tuesday is pretty cool.

Cons

It took a little while to get up to speed when I started. Once things started to speed up for me though, I really began to enjoy being involved with projects and working with the other developers here.

Advice to Management

If people had issues here in the past, I don't see any issues now. The company as a whole seems pretty happy to come in and work everyday. I feel like management really cares about the success and happiness of its individual employees and I am proud to work here.

SilverTech2015-08-12

"Worst place ever I left a month ago. Thank goodness!!"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Manchester, NH

I have been working at SilverTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Short drive North from Nashua. Beats driving south to Nashua. They have skeeball. No work or environment Pros. They serve beer in Thursdays.

Cons

Where to begin, total sweatshop. I started here right out of college. What I hate about companies is set in stone from SilverTech. Worst place ever. I think the fast food industry would be a marked improvement.

Advice to Management

You are not a level 5 company at all. Please stop treating employees badly.

SilverTech2015-07-25

"Kiss work/life balance goodbye"

Former Employee - Front End Developer in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits package was great - 100% employer-paid health/dental/vision. Generally nice work environment with intelligent, hard working people. Free coffee and beer/popcorn during the biweekly "Fireside Chat" where the leadership praise the sales team.

Cons

When I was brought on board as a developer (or "billable resource" as we came to be known) it seemed like the ideal job - great benefits, decent salary, friendly staff, and work that was interesting and challenging. I even moved my family 150 miles to relocate to Manchester because it seemed like such a great fit. There was talk of professional development opportunities like training and code reviews, but it was... just that - talk. Sales will promise unrealistic timelines for delivery to get a client, and management will expect the deadline to be met, even if it means requiring the staff to work on holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas. The company culture, if you can call it that, is to run their production staff into the ground and replace them.

Advice to Management

SilverTech doesn't have enough developers to do the work they've taken on the timeframes they've promised their clients. Hire more developers, set realistic deadlines, and treat your "billable resources" like the hard working people they are.

SilverTech2015-04-29

"Extremely disappointing!"

Developer in Manchester, NH

I have been working at SilverTech

Pros

The people you get to work with are really great. That's really the only positive aspect of the job.

Cons

The hours, workload and company management leave room for great improvement. Unless you are there before 9:00 AM every day and work at least until 6:00 PM (that's without taking a lunch), expect senior management (three or four people) to think that you're pretty much a slacker. Developers work on a variety of different projects on any given day and you are expected to finish what you've started--even if you're... there until 9:00 PM every night. Company management is way out of touch despite trying to seem otherwise. Be CAREFUL on your interview. They will take you around the office, showing you pinball machines, a PS3, pool table, etc., and act like you will have a chance to use any of them; however, the company owner, Nick (Yuvraj) Soggu likes to squeeze every last drop he can from each employee, so unless you're going to come in on the weekend or stay late, don't expect to ever get to use any of the stuff. This place also tends not to grant raises and hires employees with very low initial salaries. Clients have voiced concern about the number of people that have come and gone from this place in a very short time. For a company of only 20-25 people (depending on the time), turnover on an annual basis easily approaches upwards of 50%. Senior management insists that company-wide failures are the result of other employees, but at the end of the day, with so many people leaving, why does the failure continue? Be careful when applying to this place. They will say/do whatever it takes to get you in, but once you're there, you'd better be prepared to make this new job your life--you won't have much time for anything else, and if you try, you'll quickly be identified as a "trouble-maker" and things will take a drastic change for the worse. You've been warned!

Advice to Management

Promoting friends over competent and well-respected colleagues is a bad business decision.

SilverTech2012-02-15

"Difficult at best. Long hours are norm. All vacations were put on hold."

Web Applications Developer in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech

Pros

The people are mostly great to work with. If you're looking to gain a lot of experience quickly you can.

Cons

All communication is done through email. There are very limited processes in place. Project specifications are vague at best and often non-existent. In 2 years I saw 17 people come and go, this company only had 23-25 employees. Management is inconsistent. Expectations are unreasonable. Having a life outside work becomes difficult.

SilverTech2010-12-13