SilverTech Reviews | Glassdoor

SilverTech Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2019

Found 56 reviews

SilverTech CEO Yuvraj Soggu (no image)
Yuvraj Soggu

"Kiss work/life balance goodbye"

Former Employee - Front End Developer in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits package was great - 100% employer-paid health/dental/vision. Generally nice work environment with intelligent, hard working people. Free coffee and beer/popcorn during the biweekly "Fireside Chat" where the leadership praise the sales team.

Cons

When I was brought on board as a developer (or "billable resource" as we came to be known) it seemed like the ideal job - great benefits, decent salary, friendly staff, and work that was interesting and challenging. I even moved my family 150 miles to relocate to Manchester because it seemed like such a great fit. There was talk of professional development opportunities like training and code reviews, but it was... just that - talk. Sales will promise unrealistic timelines for delivery to get a client, and management will expect the deadline to be met, even if it means requiring the staff to work on holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas. The company culture, if you can call it that, is to run their production staff into the ground and replace them.

Advice to Management

SilverTech doesn't have enough developers to do the work they've taken on the timeframes they've promised their clients. Hire more developers, set realistic deadlines, and treat your "billable resources" like the hard working people they are.

SilverTech2015-04-29

"On-boarding was well planned...looking forward to great things!"

I have been working at SilverTech

Pros

Unlike most places where you are thrown to the wolves, ST took a solid few days to give me a rundown of the company, strategy, and overall vision. I was given time with all of the Directors and Senior Leadership. The HR Director was with us the entire way as we were integrated into our new roles. The energy here is positive despite a lot of change due to quick growth.

Cons

As with any company going through quick growth, things are a bit chaotic. Some good process and tools will mitigate a lot of the chaos.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and I look forward to helping take this company to the next level.

SilverTech2015-03-18

"Definitely not"

Former Employee - Production in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Health care is covered in full, dental, vision, etc, plus they match up to 3% on 401k—you really don't see benefits like this much anymore. Great production crew as well, full of talent, with great senses of humor. The building is very well maintained, and is a historic landmark of NH—it really is a beautiful building.

Cons

Good, honest and talented people keep leaving—the turn over is ridiculous, and it's understandable. Mandatory overtime with the promise of a 'reward', only to receive a paltry slap in the face considering the expectation, and time people put in. The CEO leaves a lot to be desired. His ego gets in the way quite frequently, and of he doesn't understand something, he immediately dismisses it. No culture. No... innovation. Always rushing, scrambling. Under qualified support staff left without guidance, or leadership to do the job how it should be. No company training.

Advice to Management

These negative reviews are not all disgruntled employees—sounds to me; like employees who are afraid to speak up. These negative reviews are incredibly accurate, and date back far enough to indicate you aren't changing a thing. Please take these reviews seriously, and do something. I fear you will lose all your best talent. Stop ignoring tell-tale warning signs, and start thinking about your employees rather than... blaming them. You own them a lot more than you give them, most of all respect, and a life outside work, and a chance to build great things.

SilverTech2015-05-02

"Not quite what you sign up for"

I worked at SilverTech full-time

Pros

100% paid benefits Friendly employees Relaxed environment Great building Close to airport Focus on STEM in schools in the local area

Cons

High turnover Management team lacks focus, leadership and has little direction CEO is unprofessional, lacks vision and follow through Too wrapped up in wanting to be great Continuously failing in product delivery and customer satisfaction All about promises to employees that never materialize Sells the race horse and delivers the donkey Employees lack proper management and skills for the jobs they were hired for

Advice to Management

Find your niche and stick with it Being great at something is better than being mediocre at everything Don't make promises that you cannot deliver on Take professional credibility more seriously Listen to constructive criticism and accept that you don't know everything Senior management should grow up and stop trash talking each other it's unprofessional and immature.

SilverTech2015-04-27

"Great company, good people, and have a solid sense of the industry and vertical space."

I have been working at SilverTech

Pros

They pay 100% of your benefits.

Cons

The building is old, their work-space is very open and not private whatsoever, and you can get claustrophobic pretty fast.

SilverTech2015-03-11

"Propped-up & dissapointing"

I have been working at SilverTech full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Best work benefits I've seen--paid 100% of health, vision, dental--great plan. Co-workers are generally nice, though some are understandably disgruntled. There is a nice holiday party most years, and you get showered with free drinks, and expensive gifts. You may get some face time with some of the 'big boys' too, if you're lucky.

Cons

Pay was below average for related fields in the Greater Boston area. With the exception of the CTO, Steve, leadership is very egotistical, untrustworthy and smarmy. General lack of vision, and staff without the authority to make real effective changes. There are a lot of under-qualified people in very vital roles. The CEO is an electrical engineer, not a leader, business maven, or tech guru. He'll tell you anything... to pacify you, even if he doesn't mean it. In my 7+ years I have never seen such childish, petty behavior from a business owner who claims to be in touch with his staff, and boasts of its 'culture'--of which there is none.

Advice to Management

Some good moves have been made recently, bringing on people who understand this space. But, it's becoming WAY too sales oriented, and antiquated. Cut some of the dead weight, i.e. 'the bosses friends' and spread the success around to the whole team. The sales focussed culture does not mask the greed of the CEO despite the apparent 'transparency' of the company... Over all, stop acting like babies and let people... do what they need to do.

SilverTech2015-01-27

"Cares about employees and the community"

I have been working at SilverTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Room to grow, encourages learning and career advancement, fun place to work, fair salaries and opportunities to be involved with community initiatives

Cons

Current growth spurt is prompting process changes that may take some getting used to, but are positive in the long run

Advice to Management

Continue relaxed and fun culture, transparency with direction of company and growth initiatives, and caring about team and community.

SilverTech2014-03-07

"Run in the opposite direction. Best thing that happened to me was getting out of here."

Former Employee - Systems in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is nothing positive with this company if you are a technical support person or client support. If you are in marketing or a creative person building images for their web sites you will do fine.

Cons

Management is clueless when it comes to providing direction, Nick will promise a client anything just to get the job even if the time frame is impossible to meet. He will however expect the people buildng the site to work 7 days a week 12-15 hour days all 7 if needed to meet HIS time frame.

Advice to Management

WAKE UP and treat your best assets properly, Your employees/indentured servants

SilverTech2014-03-29

"Amazing place to grow..."

Current Employee -

I have been working at SilverTech full-time

Pros

Great benefits! SilverTech covers 100% of health, dental, and vision costs for all employees and their families. They also have a great retirement plan, matching up to 4% on 401K. It's nice to work at a place that you look forward to going to every morning. Great casual dress code as well. Jeans and t-shirts, shorts and flip flops work for me. The people here are some of the most talented I've worked with. There is... always room for career advancement as well. I look forward to all the future growth in the coming years.

Cons

With any small to medium sized "agency" there will be some drawbacks. If you are looking for a company with a swimming pool, there isn't one. There is however an outside sprinkler system to run through in the summer. If you are the type of person that needs a gourmet chef in the lunchroom cafeteria, there isn't one. There is however a 711 across the street.

Advice to Management

The culture shift in the last 8 - 10 months has been outstanding. Continue to keep the team growing, and bring more of that positive energy going forward.

SilverTech2013-01-23

"Exciting Opportunities in a Fun and Professional Environment!"

Current Employee -  in Manchester, NH

I have been working at SilverTech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Professional yet casual in nature. Great work environment with a dedicated team of individuals with a wide array of talents. Management and staff work together to create a positive experience for our customers, both internal and external. Excellent benefit package and competitive compensation packages. Constantly improving the level of service provided to our clients, which allows us to attract exciting... opportunities and projects for us all to be a part of.

Cons

If I had to choose something I would say that SilverTech is a growing company which brings many challenges. Most notably would be limited resources both in staff and toolsets. With adaptabilty and creativeness, the SilverTech team works around these obstacles and continues to provide a high quality product.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide clear, concise information regarding the growth and future of the organization.

SilverTech2012-10-09