SilverTech Reviews | Glassdoor

SilverTech Reviews

Updated 11 Jun 2019

Found 56 reviews

SilverTech CEO Yuvraj Soggu (no image)
Yuvraj Soggu

"Do you like the taste of your own stomach acid?"

I worked at SilverTech full-time

Pros

- 100% Paid Benefits - 401k Matching - Awesome building - Cool video games everywhere (which are never used) - Smart employees and fun working environment - Take out Tuesdays every other week (rotating food) provided by company

Cons

No feedback of any kind on your work, so get used to the taste of your own stomach acid. Even when a project has an extremely tight deadline and you get it completed. Just move on to the next ridiculous deadline. A good scenario to explain how it feels is, when your project manager asks, "Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel?" The best answer is: "Nope, just another tunnel." The company has serious... communication problems that are systemic from the top down. This was apparent from day one. Clients are over promised on what the developers can deliver, which leaves no room for innovation whatsoever. Developers are just trying to get the work done in the budgeted hours. Employee burnout and turnover is quite staggering. You will see lots of new faces, watch the frustration grow, then watch them evaporate into thin air. Management is too busy to do code reviews, trainings or any personal development. Even when pushed by employees, there doesn't seem to be any interest in that direction. They are more interested in getting the projects out the door, so they will overwork their employees until they leave. The pay was below market value and there will be whispers of pay bumps, but good luck with that. Management will repeatedly promise one thing and do the opposite, almost immediately. This is certainly one of the reasons why they lose so many good people. The processes are not even close to being ironed out, so be comfortable with a bumpy ride in any project. There were so many process changes in my time there, none of which get fully adopted. So why not throw more process on top, that seems to be a viable solution. This is the reality of SilverTech! The games around the office are great for attracting talent, but let me tell you that those are rarely turned on. Even when the office breaks early for Fireside Chat, they don't get turned on. All of these negative reviews rang true for me in my time there, so think about that before you decide to work here.

Advice to Management

Be true to the words you speak to your employees, they notice when you don't follow through on those promises. Get your act together!

SilverTech2016-03-20

"Run Away and don't look back"

I worked at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

They try to make this a legitimate business but fail at so many levels.

Cons

Revolving door policy, promise the world to employees and potential customers and deliver nothing but lip service.

Advice to Management

Grow up

SilverTech2016-01-21

"They're all true."

I have been working at SilverTech

Pros

Beer on thursdays? Does that count?

Cons

As much as you don't want to believe it, all of the reviews are true. Management has absolutely zero clue what they are doing - this is a company that is BLEEDING money, operating at a loss and probably has been for quite a while, as more than one high level employee sits around and spends the day surfing the net, collecting a pay check and DOING NOTHING. If that doesn't send the wrong message to your employees, I'm... not sure what does. Silvertech has no clients that actually like them, and it's no surprise considering that every account manager treats the client like they're idiots. They overestimate hours needed on every project while most spend their time twiddling their thumbs and deliver an end product that doesn't even come close to meeting agreed upon specs. Seriously? This is a service focused company? The company culture is dog-eat-dog everyone is out to prove that the other guy is doing their job wrong to protect their lack luster position. Screw him before he can screw you. Some of the behavior I have witnessed while here can only be described as disgusting. Stay away... stay far far away.

SilverTech2015-12-02

"Run, walk or drive far from SilverTech!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice landscaping outside, historic building. Nice arcade games, you will never have enough time to play any of them. They have nice beers on Thursdays when we are made to talk to each other.

Cons

Where do I begin? No rational or reason to growth goals. No idea what the future would bring. They over promise to bring customers in and then demand too much out of employees. You are forced to work extremely long hours as a billable resource. Feels like I was not worthy of any responsibility or recognition. Good luck to any future employees. Not worth the effort or epic levels of stress!

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be like the better marketing agencies that are out there and treat your employees better. Do not buy products that have no improvements when employees cannot get resources.

SilverTech2015-08-06

"Work in a different place anyone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I had high hopes joining SilverTech. The interviews were conducted well and in a timely manner. Made me feel like I was part of a well organized organization.

Cons

The organization that was part of the interview process evaporated in the first few days. SilverTech hires a lot of people from their competitors, the end result is a group of people that are working together however collectively not organized. In other words a total mess. There is no accountability and responsibility for peoples actions. I hated going to work so I left. Working in the Boston tech corridor... now.

Advice to Management

Stop isolating yourself from your employees stop being the biggest egos in the room. Many good people have come and gone.

SilverTech2015-08-06

"Worst place ever I left a month ago. Thank goodness!!"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Manchester, NH

I have been working at SilverTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Short drive North from Nashua. Beats driving south to Nashua. They have skeeball. No work or environment Pros. They serve beer in Thursdays.

Cons

Where to begin, total sweatshop. I started here right out of college. What I hate about companies is set in stone from SilverTech. Worst place ever. I think the fast food industry would be a marked improvement.

Advice to Management

You are not a level 5 company at all. Please stop treating employees badly.

SilverTech2015-07-25

"Worst job in history!"

I worked at SilverTech full-time

Pros

Work close to home, in Manchester. They have a nice building. Nice windows, good light. Modern computers. Nice parking. No work related pros at all.

Cons

No communication or trust between employees and management. 20% monthly turnover. No training or help. Worst organization, so I left. Much better now! All positive reviews have to be owner.

Advice to Management

Treat people like human beings, not trash you can throw away. Have far more involved hiring processes. It baffles me how some people get a job at SilverTech, Inc.

SilverTech2015-07-13

"Pure nightmare. Positive reviews are blatant lies."

I have been working at SilverTech full-time

Pros

It's true, the health care coverage is paid in full, and a few of the production staff members are super talented and awesome people. that is it. The health care is covered in full, and decent if you are single. If you have a family, it is terrible. Co-pays, and deductibles are high though

Cons

Everything else is god-awful. The CEO is terrible—the worst person I have ever had the displeasure of working for. Greedy, selfish, childish, & condescending. If that's not enough, some of his super cool friends work there who definitely add value... by slowing things down, and taking credit for hard work I see people do everyday. Company talks a lot about "PROCESS" blahblahblah. Its just rhetoric. No process... lives long enough to be followed. They just keep looking for the golden egg solution to make it all easy, and fast. HINT: Its not easy, or fast. Work has impossible deadlines, often maxing out employees. There is little to no employee satisfaction here. I can't wait to get out of this place. I am not sure who is writing these positive reviews, but I assure you its nobody I know. We're all looking to get out of this trap. Save yourself the trouble, and DO NOT work here. I'm almost certain these positive reviews are being requested, or written to push the entirely honestly negative ones off the page and improve the company perception. Work/life balance. HAH. Zero. You are expected to work all the time if necessary. And I mean EXPECTED. You are owned. Culture is manufactured via required events that are so ridiculously scripted. If you want to improve company perception, start internally and try doing so organically. Not artificially, that is just gross.

Advice to Management

I would have said all of this in person, but I don't want to get fired for being honest, and trying to make a different like I've seen happen to many people. I'm don't trying to make this place work. Seems like the CEO is too. Good people keep leaving. Wonder why?

SilverTech2015-06-19

"Definitely not"

Former Employee - Production in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Health care is covered in full, dental, vision, etc, plus they match up to 3% on 401k—you really don't see benefits like this much anymore. Great production crew as well, full of talent, with great senses of humor. The building is very well maintained, and is a historic landmark of NH—it really is a beautiful building.

Cons

Good, honest and talented people keep leaving—the turn over is ridiculous, and it's understandable. Mandatory overtime with the promise of a 'reward', only to receive a paltry slap in the face considering the expectation, and time people put in. The CEO leaves a lot to be desired. His ego gets in the way quite frequently, and of he doesn't understand something, he immediately dismisses it. No culture. No... innovation. Always rushing, scrambling. Under qualified support staff left without guidance, or leadership to do the job how it should be. No company training.

Advice to Management

These negative reviews are not all disgruntled employees—sounds to me; like employees who are afraid to speak up. These negative reviews are incredibly accurate, and date back far enough to indicate you aren't changing a thing. Please take these reviews seriously, and do something. I fear you will lose all your best talent. Stop ignoring tell-tale warning signs, and start thinking about your employees rather than... blaming them. You own them a lot more than you give them, most of all respect, and a life outside work, and a chance to build great things.

SilverTech2015-05-02

"Kiss work/life balance goodbye"

Former Employee - Front End Developer in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits package was great - 100% employer-paid health/dental/vision. Generally nice work environment with intelligent, hard working people. Free coffee and beer/popcorn during the biweekly "Fireside Chat" where the leadership praise the sales team.

Cons

When I was brought on board as a developer (or "billable resource" as we came to be known) it seemed like the ideal job - great benefits, decent salary, friendly staff, and work that was interesting and challenging. I even moved my family 150 miles to relocate to Manchester because it seemed like such a great fit. There was talk of professional development opportunities like training and code reviews, but it was... just that - talk. Sales will promise unrealistic timelines for delivery to get a client, and management will expect the deadline to be met, even if it means requiring the staff to work on holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas. The company culture, if you can call it that, is to run their production staff into the ground and replace them.

Advice to Management

SilverTech doesn't have enough developers to do the work they've taken on the timeframes they've promised their clients. Hire more developers, set realistic deadlines, and treat your "billable resources" like the hard working people they are.

SilverTech2015-04-29