SilverTech Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

SilverTech Software Engineer Reviews

Updated Dec 3, 2018

Found 3 reviews

3.4
SilverTech CEO Yuvraj Soggu (no image)
Yuvraj Soggu

"Fun and exiting place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, amazing facility, extremely fun culture with many perks, room for career growth, a variety of exciting work projects... I can't say enough nice things about SilverTech. I've worked for large corporations and small start-ups and SilverTech has been my favorite place so far.

Cons

Open work environments have upsides and downsides

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

SilverTech2017-06-24

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly not much, They have not great Health Insurance, but it's there. Every other Thursday the company gathers and drinks beer

Cons

Absolutely no work life balance. During my time there employees were expected to put in over 10 hour days and come in during the weekend to finish whatever work needs to be done, and the most you get is maybe food. Very few QA staff that are way too overworked to get things done. They take advantage of recent grads to get really cheap labor. No one knows what's going on. Projects are not well defined in the... least. spec documents are vague and often unfinished. Source control is an afterthought - sneaker net was used on occasion. Super minor, but they have arcade machines throughout the building that were touted as a cool cultural thing, but during my time there I never saw turned on. Training is practically non-existent. The pay is really low, and they use their really bad "benefits" package as an excuse. Management are an echo chamber and don't listen to the people who are boots on the ground.

Advice to Management

Honestly nothing I say here will be taken seriously, but stop using the "Agency Life" excuse and really get your processes in order. pay your people what they deserve, and don't allow people to spend 90% of their time slaving away.

SilverTech2018-12-03

"Software Engineer"

Software Engineer in Manchester, NH

I have been working at SilverTech

Pros

Great team. Fun projects. The benefits are well above the norm in the industry. People and management care about the outcomes and are improving the process continually.

Cons

Sometimes we end up having to work extra but that's getting less and less as we get better at following process. Recent hires are making great changes in our approach.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It is difficult to run a professional services company and you care about the people and the work and it shows.

SilverTech2015-06-18