Silverado Reviews in Belmont, CA | Glassdoor

Silverado President, Chairman & CEO Loren B. Shook
Loren B. Shook
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They let you bring your children to work (in 6 reviews)

• You can bring your kids or pets to work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Being on-call so much really interferes with work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management struggles, high turnover (in 8 reviews)

"Why such the high turn over??"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The associates are generally friendly and truly care for the residents. Working with the residents will truly widen ones perspective on life.

Cons

I have seen many people get fired (Esp. In the Engagement Department)with out warnings for reasons that could have been handled in a much different and efficient manner. They have been firing people left and right with out even giving people chances and it is not right. I love my job, but the way administration has handled many situations is unnecessary. Many people have seen this behavior and resigned. One of my co-workers who just had a new born a few months back got terminated for something that could have easily been handled better. Many members of the administration should act like leaders instead of dictators, and they wonder why the have such a high turn over?? You can not treat people like that and expect them to stay and work for you.

Advice to Management

Treat people fairly with the respect they deserve, listen to fresh ideas, and don't be so quick to fire someone with out talking to them for minor situations.

"Worked full time for 4 years"

Current Employee - Staff in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Staff in Belmont, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time

Pros

There are no pros that I can think of.

Cons

High staff turn over. Management fires an average of 10-15 care staff a year. Its all for profit and severely understaffed, not enough caregivers for Dementia residents that requires more care and attention.

Advice to Management

Live by your motto.

Silverado Response

Jan 17, 2014 – Human Resources

As a current associate with more than four years of service, we want to thank you for your dedication to enriching the lives of our residents, clients and patients in the Belmont/Bay Area community... More

"Residents give you lots of love, but management treats you very poorly."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

I worked at Silverado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents are the reason you work there. The smiles on their faces and the love they reciprocate towards you is the best feeling! It doesn't feel like work when you're spending time with people you love.

Cons

The senior administrator is cold, unfriendly, unapproachable, intimidating, and never smiles. Not the qualities you would expect from someone in such a position. The management really does not demonstrate appreciation for the hard work you do. That appreciation comes from the residents and their families.

Advice to Management

I would advise the management to concentrate on their community, instead of sending half the management teams to help out other Silverados.