Silverado Leadership Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Silverado President, Chairman & CEO Loren B. Shook
Loren B. Shook

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You can bring your kids or pets to work (in 5 reviews)

• The whole associate team care about our residents, our family members, and each other (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Being on-call so much really interferes with work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management struggles, high turnover (in 8 reviews)

1. "Leadership"

Current Employee - Leadership in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Leadership in Plano, TX

I have been working at Silverado (More than 3 years)

Pros

Silverado is the best company for which I have ever worked. The whole associate team care about our residents, our family members, and each other. The Leadership team from the Home Office provides so much support to the communities and each individual associate. There is so much true care in our Plano community, as well as the entire organization.

Cons

No cons so that I have found so far. It is a tough job to work in the senior industry, especially in memory care. However, Silverado provides support groups, fun and love to all of us, and plenty of love and support.

Advice to Management

Keep it going... This is an amazing organization for which to work. I am young, and blessed, and look forward to retiring from Silverado many, many years from now.

2. "Office"

Current Employee - Leadership in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Leadership in Orange, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work for. Great expertise in dementia field. Can transfer to other locations

Cons

Slow in getting with the times

Advice to Management

Adapt faster in new way of doing things

"Leadership"

Current Employee - Leadership
    Current Employee - Leadership

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The residents make the job worth the daily struggles and challenges.
    Most leadership show a true drive and commitment to Silverado's philosophy LOVE<FEAR.

Cons

No appreciation by administrator. Census driven with no regards to day to day management. Numbers are primary focus with lack of regard to human lives. No clue of what's going on on the floor with hourly associates. Every department is essential to success. Administrators Expectations unreachable. Belief that people should not be appreciated or thanked for "doing their jobs" great because it is their job they should be doing it any away.

Advice to Management

Valuable Leadership members are unhappy and leaving the company for good. Senior leadership unaware of struggles occurring and lack the communication techniques to truly listen. If 3+ resignations are given in a month from the management team at a community, corporate please open your eyes and investigate. Leaving company because of administrator solely. She is toxic.The culture is dying.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Leadership in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Leadership in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feel like i'm doing great work when i get home and feel proud of what i do.

Cons

It's not a perfect company but that's true for all companies. The pros overpower the cons of working at Silverado.

Advice to Management

Continued integration of service lines.