Silverado Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Silverado President, Chairman & CEO Loren B. Shook
Loren B. Shook

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "can bring your pets or kids to work if they aren't a distraction" (in 6 reviews)

• "The philosophy love is greater than fear is great" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management does not respect work / life balance" (in 9 reviews)

• "Upper management struggles, high turnover" (in 8 reviews)

"Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Silverado full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I must say Silverado is amazing place to work & bring your love ❤️ one. I appreciate for the 4plus years that I worked here. I remember when I came to Silverado October of 2013 I was not in a happy place with myself, I was battling really bad depression, anxiety & a lot more. As Silverado gave me the opportunity to grow Silverado not only gave me the ability to love others but also love myself again. I can go on & on about the Love is greater then fear Silverado taught me. I must say as I type this review with tears in my eyes I really miss my Silverado Family.
    If you are looking for a wonderful place to work or placement for your Love I truely will recommend Silverado Brookfield.
    Signing off Latima Moore 😘😘😔😔😢😢

Cons

For the 4plus years I worked there it’s room for growth

Advice to Management

Corporate please if there is a situation or concern about the associate please talk with the associate & hear them out before making your final decision . I no we are not perfect & we do make big mistakes but please let us know exactly exactly what we did just so moving forward we won’t make the same mistake. I miss everyone at Silverado will always luv u

2. "Change is needed for your success."

Former Employee - Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Silverado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It focuses on the dementia residents and looks for ways to try to be innovative but lack execution process.

Cons

I can count in one hand those that truly live the Love> fear philosophy all other are good folks mean well but they can't get motivated enough by those in power who lost their mojo along time ago. Culture audit performed are bias and 360 reviews by independent are water down so that uppermanagement can target those who speak up. VP are cloned like and even some associates who have drank the koolaid seem to robotic like that the true mission is distorted. There training on normalization so that front line staff don't lose the sight that residents are people is weak they havent learned at all from their issues from the past that haunt them.

Advice to Management

Loren and investors the next years are critical to you all your 47 million growth into the company is remarkable and can truly lead to making Silverado what it was once but reinvested in your people I mean the day to day workers your 24/7 Administrator that are open to change. Kick the fear out and process your Love for those inside your walls. Truly look at those in power in your company ask them to change those cult like behaviors or send them packing and let new talent with great vision come in and restore what once worked with the founders.

"No Support"

I worked at Silverado full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

can bring dog and kids to work with you

Cons

medical insurance is very expensive
    no backing from management
    bring in violent residents
    only care about filling building not staff safety
    Alpo looks better than the meals served

Advice to Management

listen to your staff and followup don't brush them off
    listen to your family members they hear and see more than you know
    Understand you have to cut corners but look at the consequences

4. "Resident assistant"

I have been working at Silverado part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My coworkers
    The residents
    Engagement is awesome

Cons

No comment
    No comment

5. "Personal Attendant"

I worked at Silverado part-time

Pros

Everyone is very nice and helpful

Cons

Little training. I just had to learn mostly everything on my own

6. "Alright work culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People you work with here are very friendly. Silverado offers great benefits package. 2 weeks paid vacation which can go up to 4 weeks with years of experience, roth401k, option for health savings account, and many other perks such as discounts to attractions, local events, etc.

Cons

Pay is not really that competitive, lots of turnover within the company, and responsibilities often get added to your plate.

Advice to Management

Please do not micro manage your associates and also be open to perspectives whenever someone provides feedback.

"Great company!"

I have been working at Silverado full-time

Pros

Welcoming atmosphere, great philosophy of care, engaged associates and management team

Cons

Some reporting redundancies affect productivity

Advice to Management

Thank you for your continued focus on the resident and associate experience and making it the best it can be!

8. "Manager"

I worked at Silverado full-time

Pros

Employees are awesome and hard workers

Cons

Mgmt only cares about numbers not lives they are taking care of. Not good to managers unless your numbers are high

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. LOVE > FEAR

9. "Great place to work, not perfect but so close!"

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kind leaders who always want to do the right thing
    Innovative
    Bring kids and pets to work
    Purpose driven

Cons

Benefits need to more robust and competitive not just in the field but against other companies outside of long term care.

Advice to Management

Open the circle more to benefit from all of the great talent throughout the organization not just a select few.

"Prospective employees—run. Run far, run fast."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing like working with that one special resident you have come to love as family. And the company has a fantastic mission.

Cons

The 52 standards are never followed. Never enough support from management. One of the managers lies to superiors about mistreating employees—says terrible things to employees and makes them cry. Management does not respect it’s employees or treat them like human being with feelings. The residents get hurt a lot because we don’t have the support we need. Stress is 10/10 most days. People are burned out and have no hope of anything changing. Corporate has been trying to change it for almost a year, it’s only gotten worse. Recently some mysterious deaths have occurred. The staff knows who is responsible, but corporate doesn’t believe us when we say it was the fault of someone in management. When you report abuse, nothing happens.

Advice to Management

Silverado Naperville is broken. And you’ve done nothing to help us since home meeting 7 months ago. If there are only 2 people in a room full of 30 residents on the supportive side, we need help. Don’t just ignore us and hope the problem will go away. We have residents screaming, flipping tables, needing assistance eating, fighting, hitting us, eating off of others’ plates, and trying to get out of their wheelchairs all at once. It is unacceptable for management to say no one else is there to help us. Get out of your offices and come to help us if we’re short. The residents should come first, but they dont. And you need to fire the DHS. Fast. She says one thing to you and does another to us. None of us are treated kindly by her. And when she says things to us that hurt, she denies it when speaking to you. She will lie about anything to keep her job—including lies about resident safety and abuse. I can’t stand by and watch the people I care about (the residents) have their needs ignored anymore. You care more about your company image (like keeping away the more disabled residents on supportive side so prospective residents don’t see them) than you do about our residents. Get your priorities in line.