Silverado Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Silverado President, Chairman & CEO Loren B. Shook
Loren B. Shook

Pros
Cons
  • Being on-call so much really interferes with work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management struggles, high turnover (in 8 reviews)

1. "Administrator"

Current Employee - Administrator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Administrator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Leadership is honestly supportive about your growth and development. They want your work life balance to really work for you.

Cons

A little slow to move processes forward with technology to ensure all associates are efficient and happy in their jobs

Advice to Management

Explore technology, make a commitment and move forward in implementation faster

2. "Silverado"

Current Employee - Hospice Aide in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Hospice Aide in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Silverado (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a Family oriented

Cons

You do a lot of Driving

"Silverado Hospice Austin"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Austin, TX

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, forward thinkers in hospice industry and leadership that is truly dedicated to employees, patients, and families.

Cons

Long days, stress from home office on numbers, corporate entities lead by email. Bad apples giving care finally dismissed from team.

Advice to Management

Demand more freedom to make the decisions to keep the branch healthy. Past leadership was shunned when trying to make things better for the team. I'm just glad he still stuck around to carry us through under new admin. Things are picking up and growth is phenomenal! Love working here now that all those other toxic nurses are gone!

"Great Place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great culture and work atmosphere. We feel appreciated and like family members. The leadership team truly cares for us, same as residents. The residents are wonderful and we have a great time connecting with them.

Cons

It is difficult sometimes to separate work and home life. We all are so close and work hard together. When someone is out and we don't find a replacement, the work load gets tough, but we get through it. The job and the residents are worth it!

"Love > Fear"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

-company values match well with personal values
    -bring your kids to work
    -bring your pets to work
    -401K and health benefits

Cons

- working with the elderly you must have a big heart and really care about your job on a daily basis. you have to want to make a difference in the world. if you can't do that, this may not be the right fit for you

Advice to Management

always hire people that match Silverado culture.

"Love"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I lover this company. I have felt nothing but love. If you do your job and don't need to be micromanaged you will be just fine. Only people that don't cut it write negative reviews.

Cons

Matching 401k and holidays are not good.

Advice to Management

Better benefits!

"LVN charge nurse"

Current Employee - LVN Charge Nurse in Bee Cave, TX
    Current Employee - LVN Charge Nurse in Bee Cave, TX

I have been working at Silverado (Less than a year)

Pros

Health service dept is a close family. A truly fun place to work. Bring your kids and dogs with you and everyone has a good time.

Cons

Understaffing. Administrator not embodying silverados culture.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, family oriented environment, wonderful leadership, great associates, passionate professionals at all levels, love that you can bring children to work

Cons

Not a reflection on the company, but you tend to get attached to the residents that you serve. You can't help but serve with your heart in this place!

Advice to Management

More uniform training company wide but overall great job!!!

10. "Leadership"

Current Employee - Leadership in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Leadership in Plano, TX

I have been working at Silverado (More than 3 years)

Pros

Silverado is the best company for which I have ever worked. The whole associate team care about our residents, our family members, and each other. The Leadership team from the Home Office provides so much support to the communities and each individual associate. There is so much true care in our Plano community, as well as the entire organization.

Cons

No cons so that I have found so far. It is a tough job to work in the senior industry, especially in memory care. However, Silverado provides support groups, fun and love to all of us, and plenty of love and support.

Advice to Management

Keep it going... This is an amazing organization for which to work. I am young, and blessed, and look forward to retiring from Silverado many, many years from now.

11. "Great company that offers career growth, challenge, and the chance to do something great for the common good"

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Silverado is unlike any company I've worked for. Sure, it has its cons (below), but the pros really outweigh those. I currently work at the Home Office in Irvine. The Home Office is a place where everyone knows each other's face. You don't feel scared or avoid the Executive hall for fear they will make you feel out of place. My boss encourages my team to spend some time in the Communities too - they want everyone, regardless of your role, to know where the fruits of your labor go. The Communities themselves are wonderful - quality, respectful, and dignified care to all of the residents, it is that simple! This is my first time working for a company that is more concerned about the difference in people's lives that they are making, rather than the money.

There will always be negative reviews about the pay of the line staff but that is normal. Silverado pays above average for the industry, retention is better, and one of my favorite things about the company is this - in regards to pay grade changes and market analysis'. Silverado is a company that when things need to change or be revised, it is not a process that takes a year - the leaders are transparent and will stand up for what they know is right for the line staff at the Communities. The leaders here are agents of change.

I also really like that the kitchens are stocked with the best coffee and nuts and fruit are available all of the time. I don't have children, but being able to bring them in as well as dogs/cats etc. is pretty awesome.

In regards to benefits, I take advantage of Kaiser so I am not too familiar with the other options, but from what I know, the price is fair and the deductibles are low.

I love working with Silverado, I really don't see myself anywhere else

Cons

- Some of the software programs that are used are a little antiquated but they are in the process of changing these
    - Not a lot of options to work from home. Since Silverado is huge on culture and being present though, this makes sense
    - 401k matching could be better

Advice to Management

Increase the 401k employer match. For those of us that want to be here for years to come, this would really be beneficial