Silverado "caregivers" Reviews | Glassdoor

Silverado Employee Reviews about "caregivers"

Updated Dec 22, 2017

3.3
Silverado CEO Loren B. Shook (no image)
Loren B. Shook
Pros
Cons
  • "Understaffing of caregivers to assist residents in a timely fashion is an issue(in 19 reviews)

• "Overworked, no work/life balance, too much expected of one person(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "caregivers"

Return to all Reviews

"Silver ones."

Current Employee - Worker in Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Silverado part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Clean, beautiful environment to work in. The administration does all they can to work together and get things accomplished when they are notified.

Cons

Understaffing of caregivers to assist residents in a timely fashion is an issue. For ex: assistance to/from bathroom, going to/from activities, and residents who need extra supervision. If the service you provide requires you to be hired as an independent contractor, you never have a specific date of when you get paid.

Advice to Management

Hire more qualified caregivers who can help assist the residents in a timely fashion. Overall, the management truly cares for the residents and their staff. It appears that they try to make it a pleasant environment for all.

Silverado2016-10-18

"No communication or team work"

Former Employee - Activities Assistant

I worked at Silverado full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved the residents, and a few caregivers were awesome to work with. This place is good if you need experience I guess...

Cons

Gossip was out of control, everyone was in fear of being fired for something unreasonable. I was afraid to go to management with any concerns because they didn't want to hear anything negative. Another huge issue was with co-workers not wanting to help others...silverado claims teamwork but that hardly was the case. Also constant firing and hiring, the turnover was unbelievable and it made families and residents... uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to the great workers that you have, and stop firing people for things that are fixable. There are never any write ups or verbal warnings. We lost a lot of great workers because of drama and false information. Also stop having favorites, other employees can see that kind of treatment and when you leave people out you can't have good team work.

Silverado2017-12-22
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Wish I could say better but only thing I will miss is the residents and family."

I have been working at Silverado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Caring for residents . Meals. Family . Fun events each month for residents. Bring kids to work. Animals in the community make days more tolerable.

Cons

Administrator rules with fear. Caregivers written up to incite fear of losing jobs in floor staff. Nurses are pushed to put their License in jeopardy by supervisors ,work on lunch and do overtime and written up for doing so. Good people with integrity and great work ethic are terminated for sport or they move on to a better work environment. Look at the high turnover Silverado.

Advice to Management

Go back to the origins of Silverado, remove the power you impart on one person to fire good people, doing great work in your communities for the wrong reasons You have grown so fast you have lost sight of the reality of memory care. It is successful because of the hardworking people on the floor., not because of a management team reluctant to leave their offices.

Silverado2017-10-26

"The real side"

Former Employee - Resident Caregiver in Azusa, CA

I worked at Silverado full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a wonderful place to work. Caregivers and residents are wonderful. Family like environment.

Cons

Management sucks. When u need them they are never around. Expect staff to do work for them. Nice only when the big bosses are around. Never on caregivers side. Always on management side. A lot of favoritism

Advice to Management

Listen to ur employees.. They are the ones who are hands on with the residents. The reason why u have a job

Silverado2016-10-13

"Fast paced"

Former Employee - Business Office Manager in Highland Park, IL

I worked at Silverado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership pitched in to help when needed, and cared about their employees . The Caregivers, housekeeping, and laundry really care about the job they do and taking care of the residents.

Cons

Working on your days off, weekends and working after work at home. Sometimes short staffed but all employees would pitch in and get the job done.

Advice to Management

None

Silverado2016-10-09

"Evening Receptionist"

Evening Receptionist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Silverado for more than a year

Pros

Residents will keep you laughing. Caregivers were great, free food at holiday events/buffets, part time was easy.

Cons

Office employees were fake and rude.

Silverado2016-05-11

"Do Not Work Here!!!"

in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Silverado for more than 8 years

Pros

Resident and Resident Families Great LVN, Caregivers, and other Co-Workers Option to bring your children to work is great

Cons

There are a lot of Cons with this company. Management and Corporate directors are extremely unethical and unprofessional and both do not care about of their employees, resident family members, and importantly the Residents. There are a lot of problems with the communities that are ignored like associates not permitted to call in sick when they're extremely ill (one of many issues), I have experienced sexual... harassment amongst regional corporate directors, but because of a lot of favoritism these employees are not investigated. Corporate's false philosophy of" Love Greater Than Fear" is an outright lie. Too many negatives to share about this company I can spend all day really...

Advice to Management

Nothing because it falls on Deaf Ears! Corporate and management do not care.

Silverado2016-03-15

"Lets Work Together.. Get Management Out On The Floor"

I have been working at Silverado full-time

Pros

They let you bring your children to work. Very laid back atmosphere.

Cons

Management spends most of their time in meetings. We hear about changes but never see them implemented. There are some great associates that work hard and care deeply for our residents. Unfortunately the bad ones outweigh the good ones. The housekeeping department is an embarrassment. Rooms are filthy. If they were inspected by the health department, would probably be shut down. The only clean bathroom in the... community is behind the receptionist desk. They keep this one clean for visitors. Housekeepers walk the halls and spray air freshener to mask the odor. Caregivers leave dirty incontinent products on the bed and floors which adds to the odors. Add some supervision and proper training for associates. I believe Silverado could be a beautiful community.

Advice to Management

Get out of the office and out on the floor to see what is happening. Check and follow up on residents that are checked off for a shower. You will be surprised. This is the end of life for these people, don't we owe them the best care available?

Silverado2016-01-22

"caregiver"

Caregiver

I have been working at Silverado

Pros

Residents are so adorable. Spending time with my residents relieve mefrom stress from this place.

Cons

Management have favoritism. You are going to be over worked. They only see revenue. Caregivers are treated like machines not human. You are not even going to have time to tale your breaks. More work less pay and no gratitude or anything from the management team. Not even a thank you. Management team are very snobby. Be prepared to work even when your on break/lunch.

Advice to Management

You dont see people who works really hard.your judgements are clouded by your favorite people. You give us 3x more residents than othe silverado and with out even a thank you for working hard.

Silverado2016-01-24

"Worst Experience In My Career"

I worked at Silverado full-time for less than a year

Pros

I met a lot of outstanding clients, family members, and medical/healthcare professionals. Training is excellent. First and second level of management really embraces you and wants you to learn and succeed. Is always there for you via phone, text, or email. Good benefits. Base salary is good. Support from the corporate office in Payroll and IT are excellent. Company phone and iPad are appreciated.

Cons

The interview process is very long and I took this to mean they were very selective. Knew the negative reviews on Glassdoor had to be posted by under performing or disgruntled employees. Was told there would be life balance, growth potential, no weekends, and management really cared. Nothing could be further from the truth. Had been in my role for 2 1/2 months when management hired 2 VP's out of the major... players in healthcare to come in and grow the company. Immediately the company went down the toilet. I have run multi - million dollar companies in my career and have not see anything the likes of how they rolled in and took over. It was no longer about the relationships you were building out in the field but the numbers. On July 2nd at 5:15 pm, Administrator and account reps where notified by email that we are to start working weekends with no comp time offered. This means you were to work 6 days a week. To hell with it if you have family, parents to take care of or plans. One weekend I had to hire my own caregiver to take care of my mother so I could put in my sales calls. I used to speak with my manager every day and was told I was doing an excellent job. Not to worry about a thing. One day my manager suddenly stopped speaking to me. I called, emailed and text asking her if everything was okay. Even asked if my job was on the line. Never heard from her unless it was a business question. Two weeks later I was released from my position because they could no longer afford my position. I had 8 appointments scheduled with major players in the upcoming two weeks. I asked them to please contact these people to let thing know that I was no longer there. It did not happen and now my professional reputation has been compromised. At networking events people have come up to me to ask why I stood them up or did not call to cancel or change the meeting. This is now a completely different company who knows nothing about leadership, the value of top talent, ethics, and professionalism.

Advice to Management

Take leadership courses. When you bring in a new level of management, communication about changes needs to be announced professionally and not at the last minute. Communicate upcoming changes, the new direction you are looking to go in, and then roll things out. Empower your employees. As they say in Integrity Selling, everything must be in congruence. It's very nice that your HR department always comments... on this site that they would like to know more about our negative experiences. Do exit interviews if you really want to know what is happening with your company. I asked for one and have yet to receive a call. Be aware that the clients DO read these reviews. I had two clients ask me about the negative reviews and I had to put on a dog and pony show to tell them they were not true and just negative people who could not perform. Since sharing this with my manager, I see that there are suddenly glowing ratings. Last but not least, remember what you are doing and why you got into this industry of helping the elderly, providing memory care, and the dying. Use compassion. Treat people with dignity and respect. If they ask a question, make sure your management answers it. Give a minimum of 2 weeks severance pay when separating with an employee. Don't terminate someone on the last day of the month which means their benefits end on that day and have no cushion for the next month since you did not give any severance pay. It's the right thing to do. Take a hard look at what you really want Silverado to become. Do you want to be like all those other firms and just make money. Or do you want to be the Silverado that I had known about about when I was VP of a memory care company and would refer clients to your community over the last 2 years prior to joining what I thought was going to be the last job I would have.

Silverado2015-08-10