KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

84% Recommend to a Friend
87% Approve of CEO

Found 68 of over 81 reviews

4.0
Silverfin Co-CEO and Co-founder  Joris Van Der Gucht (no image)
Joris Van Der Gucht

Technical Account Manager

61 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good culture, Good challenges, Awesome people and human management(in 9 reviews)
  • "Compagny culture(in 5 reviews)
  • "Dynamic, opportunities to develop, great leadership, inclusive culture, passionate people.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Great colleagues willing to help each other whenever possible(in 5 reviews)
  • "The atmosphere is amazing, everyone is always ready to help you with everything they can.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Meet you at Silverfin !

Aug 3, 2022 - Senior Account Manager in Ghent
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's great to start in a company where everyone is convinced about their products . There is a warm atmosphere and even if we work intensively , work life balance stays important.

Cons

As we grow fast , we need to stay flexible in our work priorities . Developing our products take sometimes time , but it's always for better results .

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

great team but not the best management

Jul 21, 2022 - Technical Support in Ghent
    Business Outlook

Pros

great team, not overloaded work process

Cons

not the best management I think

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Jul 1, 2022 - Product Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a great team culture

Cons

Need more time to better analyse this

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Lost the plot

Jul 6, 2022 - GTM
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has some really smart people and I met some people I'll stay in touch with forever The beer fridge is always open Good tech stack for sales

Cons

The business is only concerned with Belgium and wasted considerable investment by not getting the right product people through the door to sort out the product for other markets. Product just does not work as it needs to so customers are unhappy and it limits the opportunity to do business Obsessed with image, they act like a big player when attending shows with a nice stand when nobody knows who Silverfin are UK office turned from an amazing place to work to one where everyone is now concerned for their jobs Brought in a new CEO that I'm sure is there to make the company seem more profitable just to sell. People are abandoning ship in the UK from leadership down to entry level

1 person found this review helpful

Silverfin Response

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review regarding your experience at Silverfin, we appreciate the feedback. We agree that we have some amazing people in the business, it’s something we are proud of and we are glad that this was clear during your time here. Belgium is our current biggest market but we are putting a lot of time and effort into the UK and global markets, having made some great progress this year and hopefully a lot more to come in the near future. We are at the stage where we are scaling up and that requires the right people, we have a very strong product team and just like the business our teams are growing, we always try to make sure we get the right people through the door, admittedly we don’t always get it right but we learn and make sure we do not make the same mistakes when bringing in new talent. Our product is constantly evolving and improving with regular new feature releases which at times are based on the feedback from our customers and we are determined to make Silverfin the perfect platform for accountants. Our new CEO Lisa Miles-Heal has come on board and there has indeed been some changes but these are needed if we are to continue to grow as a business and become a global success, our employees are extremely important to us and we want to make sure that we give them the tools and support to succeed but that we also provide a culture and environment that we can all be proud of.

5. 4.0

Great place to work

Jun 21, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well-being day once per month Great company culture, fun and vibrant offices

Cons

Commute to the London office is a bit painful, I would love to be 100% remote

6. 5.0

Perfect combination

Apr 25, 2022 - Marketing Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

All about the people - people first approach, great culture, really great people who are all great at what they do. Not the bureaucracy and legacy of a large corporate. Huge potential. Growing fast and evolving. Diverse. Not scared to be different. Innovative. Considered and caring.

Cons

Will not suit you if you don't what to muck in -- it's all about one team with a shared vision and objectives. If you want to be an island, to not do things differently, to not be challenged and instead work in a silo then this isn't the place for you.

7. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 7, 2022 - Sales & Business Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexibility - Compagny culture - Profitable business

Cons

None I can think of

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice Belgian scale-up with a solid product

Apr 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Silverfin is a very solid product in a niche market, resulting in good revenue and all the possibilities that come with this The size of the company is becoming significant with its recent growth If you want to grow with a company that is about to take off as a bigger fish, but still has some scale-up tendencies, this is a great place to build your career.

Cons

Given the size of the company, Silverfin might no longer be the company you're looking for if you're all about the start-up life. Teams have grown to the size where they've become little insulated silo's, that care little about the overall company and other teams. It looks like the time that everyone is working towards the same goal is over, and everyone is working within their own 4 walls. Other than that, the company is mostly Flemish, and that's also represented in the culture. The People team has some work to do to create a consistent, international company culture & experience. I can imagine international profiles feel a bit left out compared to the well-established Flemish part.

9. 4.0

Review onboarding Silverfin

Apr 7, 2022 - Strategic Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible way of working - young and dynamic - strong focus on wellbeing - future proof solutions

Cons

- fast growing so some 'growth pains'

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An exciting place to be!

Mar 28, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Silverfin has a really supportive work environment. Particularly for women. I have worked in a lot of male dominated industries/companies over the years and joining Silverfin was refreshing. It's fast paced, if you have any ideas there is not a mountain of red tape to get through to be heard and/or to action your ideas. Nice office, very central. Good perk packages. The product makes sense and adds real value to our clients. My job would be a lot more difficult if this was not the case. Plus I have a great product team behind me. Working with our product team is one of my favourite things about Silverfin. Its not always simple, and you don't always get what you want, but you know you are woking with competent people who will explain their decisions and they will always make sure you have what you need. (even if it is a bit of a work around)

Cons

Things move so quickly that you often find out that information you have been working with is now out of date. It means constant communication is needed with your team mates and across teams. Some growing pain issues. People that are no longer with the business. Dealing with some promises made to clients, that should never have been made. No easy but this will be a short lived problem now that we have the core teams in place. There is very much a start up vibe to this organisation. This means it's not always obvious where to go to get the answers you need. This can be for your clients or for your own learning. If you are not comfortable reaching out to multiple teams, doing a bit of self lead investigations or prefer to have more ridged/obvious routes to resolutions, this might not be the place for you. (for now)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Reviews
</>Embed

Silverfin Reviews FAQs

Silverfin has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 81 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Silverfin to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Silverfin employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Silverfin. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

84% of Silverfin employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Silverfin 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Silverfin Job Seekers