Silverline Reviews | Glassdoor

Silverline Reviews

Updated February 15, 2019

4.8

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Silverline is the first company I've worked for that truly believes and encourages work-life balance" (in 10 reviews)

• "Ability to work from home often" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains exist in all companies that are growing properly" (in 15 reviews)

• "It's a constantly growing company, so change is always happening" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Sky's the limit"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Silverline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ethical company with the best people as employees. Silverline is one of the few companies that gives people with no Salesforce experience a chance to get on board and get trained up really properly. I was a part of the Silverline Academy and found it to be a well run and well-paced training program.
    The client services team is efficiency-minded and the project work is collaborative. You have a chance to learn a variety of skills that are universally valuable. Pay is fair and I find the incentive plan to be clear. I feel limited only by myself and how fast I can learn. The amount of support I got from all teams after joining the company was amazing.

I would recommend to anyone who can get passionate about the work. The perks and events are awesome, and the CEO and leadership cares deeply about us.

Cons

You have to be willing to work hard. Perks for NY office better than for remote workers.

Advice to Management

The internal meetings are too frequent. In general, you are doing a great job for such a quickly growing company.

Feb 18, 2019 – Sr. Director of Marketing

So happy to hear you enjoyed your experience in our Academy! I have passed along the feedback regarding our internal meetings.

"Best Place to Work"

I have been working at Silverline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the biggest pros of working at Silverline is the communication. I can walk into my CEOs office and ask him any questions I wanted and he would answer them to the best of his ability. My manager is 100% the best manager I've ever had and her leadership inspires the rest of the team to be better both personally and professionally. The team I work on is smaller than most departments at the company which allows us to collaborate and spend a lot of time together on SL initiatives.

Cons

The company is growing and obviously with that comes change and growing pains. I don't think that is really a con though as the more we grow the more we will evolve as a company and as individuals.

Advice to Management

I think you are all amazing and we can all see how hard you try to make everyone happy.

Feb 18, 2019 – Sr. Director of Marketing

Thank you for the review and kind words!

3. "Silverline Technical Architect"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Silverline (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid processes and extremely collaborative.

Cons

Most people are remote and sometimes hard to reach people

Feb 18, 2019 – Sr. Director of Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

"Core values not practiced"

I have been working at Silverline full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Brilliant group of people, amazing colleagues. In theory core values and benefits are top notch.

Cons

Lack of transparency and consistency. Executives micro-manage and show varying degrees of bias. Firm continues to create feedback committees and rarely incorporates the information into execution.

Advice to Management

Feedback is not neccessarily criticism. Responses in office hours have felt defensive or dismissive and do not invite the open dialogue they once did.

Feb 18, 2019 – Sr. Director of Marketing

I’m sorry that you feel that our office hours are not the open forum they once were. Having our CEO read every response is intentional as we feel it is the epitome of transparency and consistency... More

"Ironically opaque. Crazy Cliquey. Sadly arrogant."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Silverline full-time

Pros

A wide breadth of different industries and clients keep the work interesting. Pay isn’t horrible, but could be better.

Cons

The management uses intimidation to impose their will. Unlimited PTO sounds great until you realize you have to work three times as hard before and after to actually get the time off. Lower pay than I’d expect for a platinum partner charging the rates they do. The rules around bonuses and the amount entitled are shrouded in confusion, and when asked for explanations I got nowhere. Planning for projects is severely lacking and always a fire drill. And the cliques. Everyone is nice on the surface, but get them separated and you’ll get to listen to the drama behind the curtains. Fit in and assimilate and hope you picked the right group or you’re getting some rough projects.

Advice to Management

It’s understandable that you’re growing, but some consistency and process wouldn’t kill the innovation quite the way you act like it would. Some REAL transparency around pay and bonuses, which is heavily tied to hidden metrics past billable hours wouldn’t hurt either. Not the transparency you give at your exec Q&A with semi-funny yet snotty-arrogant responses either.

Jan 31, 2019 – Sr. Director of Marketing

We are sorry that you had an experience which doesn't match the standard that Silverline is shooting for. Silverline is growing rapidly, as you saw, and that can come with growing pains despite our... More

6. "Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Silverline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The community/work culture environment is the best I've been part of. The company is committed to making employees (and clients) happy, trained, and continually involved.

The leadership is committed and that dedication shows from the top down! There are no 'mistakes' at Silverline, just opportunities to learn more and grow. No one is constantly 'competing' with you, or stepping on you to get themselves better. Everyone is genuine!

We don't sweat the small things. We work together toward the best solutions and our customers are happy!!!

Cons

I have no cons to share.

Advice to Management

Continue the great care of your teams!

Jan 16, 2019

Thank you so much for your review. I agree that each 'mistakes' here is a great opportunity to learn and grow. Thanks for living our values of "we are always learning"!

"Favorably"

Pros

Smooth tech quick solution and good prices.

Cons

Had to work with some Nut jobs

Jan 16, 2019

Thank you for your review. I wanted to confirm that you did mean this review for Silverline, the Salesforce Platinum Partner, not a different Silverline? Both the pro and con of this review stand out... More

"Good place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in New York, NY

I have been working at Silverline full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My manager is excellent. They take my preferences into account when assigning projects, they help me work through and resolve any issues I have on projects and connects me to the right people to help if they can't.

The work environment is casual dress except for when onsite with a client, which I love. The office is a fun place to be and well stocked with food and drink.

The company has a great work culture. Everyone is collaborative rather than competitive, and always willing to help. Despite growing a lot, this has remained constant and why it is such a good place to work here. In addition, people like to have fun here and it shows in company events and even just hanging out at the office after work, without pressuring people into anything or 'mandatory fun' type sessions.

Cons

It's a constantly growing company, so change is always happening. Occasionally there will be long hours for a project if you fall behind, but that is not the norm unless you make it the norm for yourself.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture of collaboration and openness with management. Avoid comparing the company with big consultancies and their work culture, even if it is trying to put ourselves in a good light. It just comes across as a threat.

Nov 7, 2018 – CPO

Thank you for sharing this with us - we are working to do just that!

"This Is Where You Want To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Silverline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First and foremost, there is no persuasion to write these Glassdoor reviews. Silverline is the real deal and exactly how a company should be run.

I can't emphasize enough how much the company's core values are emulated from the top-down. The culture working here is amazing and although I'm a remote employee, I am extremely satisfied with the high level of communications. Questions and new ideas are not only welcomed, but you'll get feedback from high-level resources almost immediately. The people I work with aren't just smart - but they're fun. When you have the opportunity to develop with people you like interacting with/learning from, there's no better position to be in to be poised for personal growth. The company has an excellent reputation in the Salesforce ecosystem. With flexible work hours, a down-to-earth leadership team and the opportunity to be involved in amazing work there isn't much more to ask for.

Cons

Like I mentioned, I work remote. The only con of this really is that it's not made for some people and requires a good degree of discipline. Change is constant in business and as the company has grown, they've done an excellent job keeping everyone informed and prepared.

Advice to Management

As cliche as it sounds - keep doing EXACTLY what you are doing. Continue to be a helpful resource, continue listening to your employee employee feedback and maintaining the Silverline culture.

Oct 22, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your perspective with us. Connectivity at the remote level is something we are working on - thank you for highlighting this for us. And for taking the time to comment.

10. "Time flies when you love your job!"

I have been working at Silverline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Silverline maintains an amazing culture in its New York office. It starts by hiring smart, authentic and fun people who genuinely enjoy working together. There is a work hard play hard mentality where your successes are recognized and the company celebrates its accomplishments. Silverline is the first company I've worked for that truly believes and encourages work-life balance. You see that philosophy held by leadership as well.

Cons

Growing at an exponential rate definitely presents its challenges. It can be difficult to execute properly on your role when working with different departments and have a grasp of what the rest of the organization is prioritizing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The company has great momentum and it starts at the top. Continue to be transparent and recognize the hard work being done.

Nov 7, 2018 – CPO

Thank you for your comments and ideas - as we grow, we value our employees' input and advice.