Silverline Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2020

Silverline CEO  Gireesh Sonnad
Gireesh Sonnad
Pros
  • "Strong relationships with Salesforce and investment in the partner ecosystem(in 20 reviews)

• "Listens to employees and promotes work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lots of growing pains, inconsistent messages related to the environment they want to create(in 18 reviews)

• "It's a constantly growing company, so change is always happening(in 7 reviews)

1. "Phenomenal leadership and customer focused"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Silverline full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership truly lives and promotes company values- "Celebrate each other", "Do the right thing even when it's hard", "Better together". Listens to employees and promotes work/life balance. Strong relationships with Salesforce and investment in the partner ecosystem. Colleagues are willing to help each other out and go the extra mile and lots of very smart, experienced individuals.

Cons

Growing fast and processes are changing to support larger engagements

June 1, 2020Silverline Response

We’re so glad to hear that you’re seeing and feeling our core values in action! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

"The Cookie Crumbled"

I have been working at Silverline full-time for more than a year

Pros

Truly the best people to work with. The amazing colleagues are the reason many people stay, despite a LOT of pains within the company.

Cons

Silverline used to be the best place to work, but it's fallen so far from what it used to be, that it barely resembles the company that won so many awards. Company values are just words now. They used to mean something, but now they are just a weapon for management (and yes, management is the correct term, leadership would be too generous) to use to say they're listening and focused on employees, when all but very recent actions have proven that isn't really happening. The People team should officially change it's name to HR, as they really aren't people focused at all, but rather on policy and rote-HR activities. Certain members of the team are a huge hindrance to cultural growth or regeneration - the opposite of what people on such a team should be. Management sits behind a closed door now. Yes, we have weekly office hours with the CEO, which is great, but many things feel like propaganda these days. There's definitely a lot more going on behind the scenes and yet they tout trust and transparency all the time. I'd call it a joke, but it's just too sad to be called one. The biggest issue is that people no longer feel like they can be honest or speak up when things aren't going well, for fear of retribution. That means a lot of issues sit and fester and management can have their heads in the sand thinking things are fine, since no one is saying anything.

Continue reading
  3. "Great people, but a lot of growing pains"

Former Employee - Developer

I worked at Silverline full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, challenging work, but manageable expectations

Cons

pay lagged significantly behind the market. Given the hourly rates that Silverline charges the comp did not make sense. The firm seemed to grow more and more top heavy with non billable resources, seemingly without the business revenue to support it. Everyone was super nice, but perhaps too nice and it was unclear how management felt about my performance. I did not receive a single performance review in the time frame I worked there. You certainly need to be capable of managing up in consulting, but there was little to no managing down and managing up 100% of the time grew old.

April 27, 2020Silverline Response

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to keep an open dialogue with our employees, whether it’s anonymously or in person, and hope that you shared this feedback with our HR team or the leadership team during your time at Silverline. We recognized that we needed a more robust way to drive employees careers and growth and we recently rolled out a new process across all of Silverline to do just that. This process is intended to drive ongoing conversations and partnership between employees and their managers. If you'd like to discuss any of the points you listed above directly, please reach out to HR@silverlinecrm.com - we always appreciate the feedback so we know how and where to continue to improve.

4. "Good place to work for technical positions"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Silverline full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great industry SMEs for Salesforce

Cons

Conservative culture with new business opportunities. Limited services

April 22, 2020Silverline Response

We’re happy to hear you enjoyed working with our industry experts during your time here. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

"A true independent in a world of Salesforce shops"

I have been working at Silverline full-time for more than a year

Pros

(Genuinely) unlimited PTO is great, ability to work from home is key to productivity and comfort, HQ-based activities and food perks are awesome… but really, it always comes down to the people. Silverline has the scrappiest, most wonderful people I’ve worked with in years. The technical talent and the collaborative nature of all our different teams are what sets Silverline apart for me as someone who’s worked at other Salesforce consultancies. Feeling like you have real friends at work — let alone people you can trust to do meaningful, good work with and for you — is a powerful thing. That, and the client work itself is interesting, always evolving, and never gets dull. The outcomes are incredibly cool to see. I’ve had a good working relationship with other CEOs in the past, but Gireesh is perhaps the most human, most approachable leader I’ve worked with. When I first started, I thought regular company-wide office hours led by the CEO was a wild practice; I still do. But wild meaning… radically real and honest.

Cons

All the above said, we've had a year of challenges and change — some of which were really difficult for junior employees, as well as more seasoned Salesforce pros and Silverline veterans. That’s the truth. Our leadership team isn’t as diverse as it could be; there aren’t as many women and people of color at the highest level represented as wholly as they should be. As a team, we have hard work to do to get where we need to in order to become as employee-centric as we’d all like to be.

March 6, 2020Silverline Response

Thank you for giving us feedback on our people, processes, and areas for improvement. We are glad you enjoy our bi-weekly CEO office hours - our leaders really are listening and prioritize open communication with our employees and teams. It’s also nice to hear you enjoy the flexibility of our PTO and immense talent at Silverline. We’re happy you are part of that team and thank you again for providing your insight!

"What a Shame"

2.0
    Current Employee - Delivery

I have been working at Silverline full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely brilliant and competent people - Fully remote working opportunities with flexible hours - Nice selection of tech / working tools - Certifications are reimbursed - Generous referral program - Unlimited PTO

Cons

Company culture has completely shifted - Lack of transparency and layoffs - Executive team handles tough decisions poorly, killing morale - Mandatory 6 month wait for 401k contributions - Inefficient / substandard reimbursement process --- It saddens me to write this. Just a few months ago I was raving about Silverline to my friends and trying to get them to join me in what I believed to be one of the best places to work in the Salesforce space. So much has happened in the past few months and nothing for the better. It has gone downhill so fast I’m still in a state of shock. Most of the key problems are echoed in the recent reviews: a complete shift in culture, a lack of transparency, and overzealous financial growth projections leading to layoffs. I have never seen a company handle layoffs so poorly as I have here. People were immediately terminated with NO notice to anyone, people who were actively working on projects and whose sudden departure caused many to scramble in a panic, not only trying to keep projects afloat, but wondering why their teammates and managers were suddenly deactivated in internal systems. It was a few hours after this mess that anyone was notified, and morale was absolutely demolished by that point. Management’s response was and continues to be canned. They like to reference the old core values of “trust & transparency” and “better together” which honestly comes across like a sick joke at this point and I don’t even know how they can say it. The culture at Silverline WAS great. It used to be about making employees feel valued and supported. As such, top talent was attracted to Silverline and motivated to do their best work for the company and the client. It worked. After a recent C-suite executive was brought in, one who embodies everything that Silverline is not, all you hear is “client success”. “Happy client; do more for the client”. This is ironic because they are pushing so hard for billable hours that resources are forced to “find work” to make forecasted hours. Our clients often can’t move as fast as we want to, and I think it goes without saying that working for the sake of working is not valuable to anyone. How is that helping the client be successful? I digress. With such a focus on this “client success”, you no longer hear “happy employee” or “employee success”. You cannot have happy clients if your employees are not happy. Silverline is becoming what people came to it to escape: another billable-hour-focused consultancy that expects you to be okay with decisions that go against what the company is supposed to stand for. You had something great and for all intents and purposes you sold out. I get the impression the CEO is not running the show anymore and that’s sad because he does seem like a good guy and the “old Silverline" was a product of his vision. I don’t have much hope for Silverline’s future; as I said earlier, morale is destroyed and good talent is already starting to leave. I myself see no reason to stay. It is truly a shame.

February 20, 2020Silverline Team

We’re glad to see how much you appreciate the people, technology and learning benefits, and flexibility at Silverline. Change can be difficult. Our more recent changes were specifically focused on organizing our business to support our client needs and drive opportunity for our employees while ensuring that we maintain the health of the business. We care deeply about keeping an open dialogue with our employees, whether it’s anonymously or in person. That’s why we appreciate your candor here, particularly where the “happy client” concept is concerned. Silverline depends on its greatest asset — its people — and our recent changes will help us focus more on enabling our people to grow and facilitate great work for our clients. We say “Better Together” not as a mantra, but as a belief and aspiration; it’s by working together (every one of us) that the incredible people at Silverline are better positioned to move forward in a more cross-functional, collaborative, and honest culture. Thank you again for taking the time to write this detailed review. If you’d like to discuss any of your concerns or hopes further, we hope you’ll reach out to your direct manager or our CEO directly.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior PM

I have been working at Silverline full-time

Pros

many benefits and perks, along with unlimited pot

Cons

Always getting calls, even on your days off.

February 10, 2020Silverline Team

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! As a fast-paced environment, we're glad you enjoy the unlimited PTO that's key to our culture. Glad to hear it!

"A growth company that doesn’t know how to grow."

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Silverline full-time

Pros

Flexibility is great and the team is incredibly talented. Could be a great company.

Cons

Lots of growing pains, inconsistent messages related to the environment they want to create. Not good at communicating changes and this creates a lot of confusion.

February 4, 2020Silverline Team

Thank you for giving us important feedback on our communication style and areas for improvement. We most want to deliver a connected, personal experience for all employees, and your advice resonates. We’re also glad to hear you enjoy the flexibility and immense talent at Silverline. Thanks again for providing your insight!

"Went Downhill Quickly"

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Silverline full-time for more than a year

Pros

The majority of the people that work there are AMAZING. I learned a ton in my role in the first year I was there.

Cons

poor leadership, lack of transparency, constant change because of poor planning, unable to put structure around basic needs like how to manage an account

February 4, 2020Silverline Team

We’re glad you enjoyed the people culture at Silverline during your time here. We appreciate your candor around leadership and transparency, and we regret that your personal experience was not what so many of our other employees experience. We will continue to implement employee-driven initiatives for the good of the business and our people.

"Unrecognizable"

1.0
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Silverline full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wonderful, talented, smart people. Some of the best colleagues I've ever worked with.

Cons

I'm so sad to see the company I helped build become so unrecognizable from where it was when I started, even more so from the time I left. The exec team makes bad financial decisions and will not be influenced by facts and figures if it means that they can't have the party they want to have, or approve the expense report they shouldn't. The lack of transparency has always been a struggle but the more negative feedback they get the more they put blinders on.

February 18, 2020Silverline Team

We would be glad to respond directly to your concerns as a former employee with longevity at Silverline, if you’d like to email us at HR@silverlinecrm.com. Part of the environment we’re proud to have built over the last several years is a direct result of the feedback we’ve received both internally and externally; Glassdoor is an important resource, but we are primarily invested in speaking directly and openly with employees at all levels — however they’re most comfortable (whether anonymously or in person). As we continue to grow our business, we’ve made it a top priority to have open office hours on a regular basis, put new processes in place to help educate people managers about how to best support their direct reports, and continue to build the programs that our employees are passionate about and put employees front and center. Great client experiences are only possible by prioritizing the well-being of our employees, and we appreciate your concern and advocacy for the many Silverliners who are thriving with us today.

Found 136 reviews