Simclar Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Sam Russell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great self-development opportunity. Great staff, colleagues, & boss. Remuneration below par."

Former Employee - Quality Assurance/Quality Control/Test Engineering in Hialeah, FL

I worked at Simclar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great way to stretch and mature management and technical skills. A great opportunity to establish proof of concept for continuous improvement techniques. Experiences and training that allowed for growth and development.

Cons

Remuneration was below par; and vacation, sick leave, personal leave, and holidays were standard so not a con and more of a neutral.

Advice to Management

Improve remuneration and balance or reallocate resources.

2. "A Good Environment at a Not Great Company"

Current Employee - Controller in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Controller in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Simclar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had a great boss and great coworkers. Work was interesting and I learned a lot while I was there.

Cons

Company went under and the Dayton plant had to shut its doors.

3. "Simclar not looking good"

Former Employee - Cost Accountant in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Cost Accountant in Dayton, OH

Pros

I left another job to take a position paying more than I had been making previously. Pay and flexibility were very good.

Cons

There was no job description or training for me when I came on. No real communication. It seemed as if I was hired and noone knew what to do with me.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees. Quit trying to micromanage everything from Europe. You need to set a central tone from the top down and make it feel like one company not four.