Simeio Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 19, 2018

3.2
Hemen Vimadalal

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I really like the fact that we get so many trainings here and work from home options" (in 13 reviews)

• "Great place to grow your career" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is absolutely no work/life balance" (in 8 reviews)

• "I guess many other have also mentioned about no career growth or plan in place which is absolutely true" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Highly Recommend / Positive Changes"

I have been working at Simeio full-time

Pros

* collaborative culture where everyone is willing to help / team-oriented
    * nothing is beneath anyone
    * innovative company with great reputation and references
    * lots of flexibility in trying different roles and being challenged

Cons

* high growth means there can be bumps/challenges
    * change - not for the complacent or people looking for routine

"Manage your expectations appropriately"

I have been working at Simeio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Flexibility
    -Interesting projects
    -Nice coworkers
    -Good exposure to client and variety of IAM technologies

Cons

-Infrastructure is not in place for career growth
    -No management accountability
    -Top-down management style (they say, you do)

Advice to Management

Your employees are your most valuable asset

"Good People"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Simeio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Simeio for two years now and something that I can doubtlessly say is that I'm working with really good people. I feel begin treated as a member of the family. This is one of those places where it's just easy to reach out to management. This is a great place for some one who's ravenous for challenging work.

Cons

The company is going through changes and you may be labored with multiple tasks at times.Patience is key.

Advice to Management

Flexibility is something that people have always appreciated at Simeio, that should remain intact.

"Surprised Simeio is still open for business"

Former Employee - Middle Management
    Former Employee - Middle Management

I worked at Simeio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Attracted good talent. Extremely young, technical people got exposed to many toolsets.

Initially Simeio seems attractive and very cutting edge in IDaaS.

Lower level staff worked very hard to help one another.

Cons

Revolving door of staff. Seven people resigned my first week of work.
    Upper management undermines itself. My manager was a VP (since gone), great person, really worked hard to turn things around; his manager, C-level, would constantly undermine him, speak poorly about him in front of others, and come directly to me with demands, without consulting my manager first. His jealousy would have been pathetic if he weren’t in such a position of power. Every good person I knew (during and after my employment) left specifically because of this C-level person and his ego.

Despite the fact that Simeio is headquartered in Atlanta, they try to take every single job they possibly can over to India, including the head of HR! When I announced I was leaving, my job also went to India, despite most of the people I supervised being in North America. This is due to being financed by a firm out of NYC that has very high demands on profitability.

If you are non-Indian, you will soon realize what a disadvantage it is; if you are Indian, whether in US, India, or elsewhere, you will be taken advantage of.

If you are a sycophant, this is a great place for you, as upper management truly wants people to suck up to them. Finance and Sales were run much more cleanly though.

It goes without saying that the hours were horrendous.

Advice to Management

Disband, sell out, take your money and do something else besides causing so much misery to your employees.

"Management Team Doesn't Get It"

Current Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Simeio (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots to learn. Many projects. Office is nice. Staff is friendly.

Cons

Not good at orientation - training. Not enough people to staff projects.

Advice to Management

Customer satisfaction is hard to achieve. Good people leave too often.

"Ageist, Diability Discriminatory, Arrogant, Indecicive and Integrity-Challenged"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Simeio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Payday. Holidays. Quitting time. Free coffee.

Cons

Cult of youth only because kids work cheaply. Older employees will be forced out. If you are sick or disabled keep it to yourself; illness is openly considered weakness. They say they will "work with you," but in truth they only push you to the point of quitting or being fired. Upper management is incredibly arrogant, ignoring the advice of the very people they hired to help them. They are also indecisive so everything is done at the last possible minute and then in substandard manner. The company is owned by a holding company in India, and most of the senior executives spend more time there than in the USA; basically, they are checked out of American operations and ignorant of its needs. As for integrity to customers there are no standards; they reinvent the wheel with every client. They claim this is because every customer is unique, but it's really so they can charge more if a client has more to spend. Finally, in an act of cynicism that would make Donald Trump blush, upper management routine encourages employees to write positive reviews of the company on boards like this one, because they have a hard time finding and retaining people.

Advice to Management

Reveal yourselves as the Evil Alien Outer Space Monsters you are. I'm sure those costumes must itch.

"Ok benefits"

Former Employee - Architect
    Former Employee - Architect

I worked at Simeio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

not much chance to grow

"Look somewhere else...."

I have been working at Simeio full-time

Pros

- They are trying to streamline internal processes to act like a real company.

Cons

-- Encourages employees to give a higher rating on Glassdoor which it seems strange and odd!
    -- Zero growth within the company. Don't even think about it.
    -- The majority of the company sits in India and eventually, your role will be outsourced to India to fresh new grads. Be warned!
    -- Bonuses are at management discretion which means you will never get a dime.
    -- Yearly company retreats are a waste of money as its, "getting wasted at the bar" and you wonder this money should or could have been provided towards employee bonuses.
    -- No contribution towards 401k from and you can imagine what the outlook is for the general company benefits

Advice to Management

-- Changes and vision happens from the top but not in this case!!

"BEWARE !! Look Elsewhere if seeking a real job and career opportunity"

I have been working at Simeio full-time

Pros

none zero nihil zero none

Cons

There are too many cons to name for this 'company'. This is a real review, not a review that was requested by Simeio management. The Simeio management has asked employees to give 5 star reviews to boost its image and ratings. Firstly, expect senior and upper management to lie to you. Expect no career growth or relevant learning. There is absolutely no work/life balance. The senior management believes the 'company' and its employees should be your family. The expectation is for you to dedicate your life to this 'company', and place Simeio as the priority of your life. If you do not fit into the 'Simeio culture', do not expect to gain any benefit for working here. There will be no future for you if you do not fit the profile for the 'Simeio culture'. Senior management believes in over working employees to complete projects. This includes working more than 24 hours straight, and working at times 7 days a week straight. Expect to be underpaid and undervalued for the work you do. Pay raises are nonexistent and bonuses are rarely, if at all, paid. Simeio prefers to spend an exuberant amount to host its so called 'annual gathering'. This is nothing more than a weekend of open bar tabs, and self aggrandizing by senior management. The money would be better spent on individual employee incentives. There is no structure or vision when it comes to establishing client relations and maintaining client relations. Senior management is more concerned with making a quick sale, and leaving the project teams without any initiatives or plan on client implementations. It is no wonder many of the so called 'new client wins' turn out to be flops. Nothing more than a mere scope of work agreement, then the clients turn elsewhere. Clients have pointed out Simeio is not a SME in the IAM industry. Many of the managers or project leads are more of an SME in talking about nothing. A lot of talking without knowing what to do and how to do the objectives clients are expecting.

If you are seeking a real future and career path in IAM or IDaaS, look elsewhere. If you are of the profile for the 'Simeio culture', like to suck up to please people, and happy with no job growth possibilities, then Simeio is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Management should replace themselves with people that actually know what they are doing. People that know how to run a business SUCCESSFULLY and keep employees and clients alike, happy.

"Opportunity for Leadership"

I have been working at Simeio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team of very intellectual people. Most of the staff are willing to help, but are often to overloaded with work to help. Identity industry is booming.

Cons

The company lack real leadership and clear direction. There is no accountability or common values with the leadership. Leaders play the interdepartmental blame game and undermining each other at every opportunity. Finance would be the one exception. Egos, Bottle Necks, Unresponsive Leaders, and Nepotism are just a few of the obstacles to getting any real business done. Commission Plans are not timely, Commission are not paid as promised, Company Culture is to keep your mouth shut and appreciate they have been kind enough to hire you.

Advice to Management

Hire some leaders who knows how to lead. Develop and communicate a Mission Statement, and Core Values. Lead with these in mind and hold everyone accountable to them equally. Say what you mean and do what you say. Make the tough decisions and inspire others to share feedback and make decisions themselves.