Simmering Soup Reviews | Glassdoor

1.7
  1. "Food Processor"

Former Employee - Food Processor in Marietta, GA

I worked at Simmering Soup for less than a year

Pros

It gives you good hours to work.

Cons

It's a very cold place to work.

Simmering Soup2016-02-12
  2. "Pulled the Rug Out From Under Us"

I worked at Simmering Soup full-time

Pros

Exciting, busy place to work. Excellent on-site managers and front line people who did their best for the company every day.

Cons

Poor pay for hourly people. Revolving door from relying on temporary agencies for vast majority of work force. Inadequate training related to food production.

Advice to Management

Invest in hiring permanent company employees. Train them to company standards. In the future, don't just close a plant with no warning to employees. People are trying to support their families, and you basically just threw us out on the street.

Simmering Soup2016-05-05
  3. "Simmering Soup doesn't pay well."

Former Employee - QA Technician in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Simmering Soup

Pros

Their is no good reason to work here.

Cons

The employees are greatly Underpaid.

Simmering Soup2015-10-02

"Work Employees Like Slaves"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, RI

I have been working at Simmering Soup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros? I think Simmering Soup Kitchen, LLC/ HMR Foods does not have any PROS! The only pro I could think would be a weekly paycheck.

Cons

Tons of Cons !! - Hourly employees are expected to work extra long hrs with little time of breaks, not enough space for all employees to have their lunch in the cafeteria ! OMG not to mention the lines to go to the restroom since there is only 1 Mens and 1 Ladies Restroon with so many employees! They love to reduce the benefits but expect more of each one of them daily, -Salary employees are expected to work 50 and...

Advice to Management

Advice to Management ! Remember your employees are the ones that give all of you Management Employees your wonderful paycheck. TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES THE SAME WAY YOU LIKE TO BE TREATED !! That is the Moral that Simmering Soup Kitchen, LLC/ HMR Foods should have with all their employees

Simmering Soup2015-07-16

"Stay Away"

I have been working at Simmering Soup for less than a year

Pros

I'm not sure there are any pros to working at this company. A paycheck?

Cons

-Workload is completely overwhelming and management doesn't care - "just get it done." If you're salary, you're expected to work at least 50 hours per week and take work home if necessary. -Priorities are CONSTANTLY changing. -Morale is at an all time low.

Advice to Management

There are generally two different types of management styles at Simmering Soup/HMR Foods - those who act like your best friend to your face then screw you over behind your back, and those who are completely absent in the day-to-day but completely freak out when something doesn't go according to "plan" but they don't even know themselves what the plan is most of the time. My actual advice to management? Stop treating...

Simmering Soup2015-07-03

"Revolving Door"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, RI

I have been working at Simmering Soup

Pros

Pros? This company is proving on a daily basis why everyone should be looking for a new job.

Cons

Use extreme cuation for you can not trust management. There were 4 people in RI supporting purchasing. They decided to fire/layoff 3 of them and demote the remaining person. Thereby allowing management to hire a Purchasing Manager from outside the company. It speaks volumes when that new Manager leaves after a week.

Advice to Management

Your poor leadership is destroying a great regional brand.

Simmering Soup2015-06-08