Simmons and Fletcher Reviews

Updated Mar 11, 2020

4.6
Simmons and Fletcher Trial Attorney/Manager Paul H. Cannon (no image)
Paul H. Cannon
0 Rating
  1. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Katy, TX

I have been working at Simmons and Fletcher part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with Paul (my mentor) on a daily basis. He is teaching me so much about marketing the firm. These are skills that will benefit me in many different roles. I learn something new every day. I am working in a “Law Office” environment, which the exposure benefits me because I am going to school to become a lawyer. I work in a Christian environment. The office atmosphere is pleasant and conducive to me putting forth my best effort. The job I have motivates me to think of creative solutions and is challenging. The people at this firm truly care about their employees and motivate you to be the best in all areas of your life.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. "Good experience but no thank you"

I worked at Simmons and Fletcher full-time

Pros

You will learn a lot

Cons

Everyone points fingers. Too much drama going around.

3. "Very family oriented"

4.0
    Current Employee - Intake Specialist

I have been working at Simmons and Fletcher full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very family oriented with great bonuses at the end of the year

Cons

Can be short staffed

4. "Great working environment"

5.0

I have been working at Simmons and Fletcher full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great working environment where employees are constantly supporting each other.

Cons

Management can be hard to communicate with but the partners are always there to talk to.

5. "Great firm to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Simmons and Fletcher full-time

Pros

Partners really care about their employees and will help out when there are needs outside of work to be met. Generous bonuses to employees when the firm does well.

Cons

large caseloads. Some employees allowed to get away with less effort than others due to lax management.

Continue reading
  6. "Christian and Family Atmosphere Great to their Clients"

I have been working at Simmons and Fletcher full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good hours. Christian atmosphere no curse words which is very nice and I thank you. Lawyers are Christian and are good to their clients especially at settlement time. Treated with respect and feel appreciated. I would rate it right up at the top of employers have worked for. Thankful to have a job in such a nice workplace.

Cons

We get year end bonuses instead of raises which is always an appreciated surprise and this year was a nice big and appreciated surprise. However a cost of living raise once in awhile would really be appreciated too. The work load is heavy but is the norm for workplaces nowadays so guess not really a "con".

Continue reading
  7. "The Christian law firm that lives up to its name both with their clients and their employees"

Litigation Paralegal

I have been working at Simmons and Fletcher

Pros

Simmons & Fletcher is an amazing firm to work for. They are flexible and caring. They are always there for their employees in a business capacity, but also in a personal capacity when needed. They take care of their employees both financially and spiritually.

Cons

It is a demanding job, but it is worth it. I honestly cannot think of any cons.

"Just like family!"

4.0
    Current Employee -  in Houston, TX

I have been working at Simmons and Fletcher full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A medium sized firm with friendly, knowledgeable, honest attorneys who are seeking to really help people that need someone to fight for them. Like working for family, but one that you get along with! A great learning environment that has allowed me to expand my horizons and hone my skills. The Memorial City area is a great location, not too crowded or too far from home. Comfortable environment that is professional, yet seeks to make all our clients feel like coming home to someone you trust. I feel truly blessed to be here!

Cons

Bonuses are good, but given in lieu of raises. No HR manager or department to help ensure fair treatment of all employees, handle internal conflicts or to regulate policy. More women than men in the office, which sometimes gives that dysfunctional family feel, but only once in a while.

Continue reading

"A very different atmosphere for a law firm"

Associate Attorney in Houston, TX

I have been working at Simmons and Fletcher

Pros

The partners truly try to put Christ first in their practice. Bonuses paid regularly. Will make personal loans in the event of family emergencies. Not downtown.

Cons

Houston, Texas. Gain weight because someone is always bringing in donuts to tempt you! 20 mile drive to the courthouse when you have a hearing or trial.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews