SimpleNexus Reviews | Glassdoor

SimpleNexus Reviews

Updated Sep 5, 2019

Found 23 reviews

4.5
SimpleNexus CEO Matt Hansen (no image)
Matt Hansen
  1. "Really Enjoying the Experience"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SimpleNexus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Executive Leadership very invested in the success of the customer. I've witnessed a lot of process improvements in my time here. Love the company values.

Cons

As with every company, continued improvements in communication and coordination are needed. But I'm comfortable with the rate of improvement.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the values, keep pushing the teams, and keep celebrating the successes.

SimpleNexus2019-09-05

"A tech company like no other"

Current Employee - Engineering in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SimpleNexus full-time for more than a year

Pros

The engineering culture (and company culture) is like none other. No politics, just a desire from every team member to get stuff done and deliver.

Cons

The fast pace can be demanding to keep up with.

SimpleNexus2019-06-19

"A company that will be here well into the future"

I have been working at SimpleNexus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management has a vision and is consistently working to ensure that vision is achieved. The company is growing so there is plenty of room for upward momentum. Leadership is capable of having the hard conversations in order to ensure long term viability, I have worked in places where this was not the case and it always ended in disaster. Some who have posted here are understandably upset over the necessity of their... positions being eliminated. While I empathize, I am glad the executives can call a spade a spade and can make those hard decisions.

Cons

I miss covered parking. :) No, for real though, no "cons" come to mind. The company works hard to ensure people know they are appreciated and to create an environment that is easy to get out of bed for.

SimpleNexus2019-05-23

"It's all about creation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SimpleNexus full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

SimpleNexus has more than 20,000 originators actively using the platform today. The future is bright on our product roadmap, and there is an opportunity to really change the way Realtors, Loan Officers, and consumers interact. Technology is cutting edge, using dozens of AWS services. SimpleNexus is a place for creators.

Cons

The mortgage industry can be complex. Those who have been in the industry, or are keen to learn can thrive.

SimpleNexus2019-05-24

"Mostly Men"

I worked at SimpleNexus full-time

Pros

Come and go when you want Organize lunch better than a meeting No actual vision or communication

Cons

No path for growth Male dominated from BYU CEO clueless

Advice to Management

Get rid of the CEO

SimpleNexus2019-06-02

"Mortgage company that doesn't get SaaS"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at SimpleNexus full-time

Pros

Doing different things in the industry. Smart R&D team. All the cheap swag you could ever want.

Cons

Talk a big game about "investing in their employees" but couldn't be more untrue No employee equity HIGH deductible insurance Lots of fluff to distract from this The mortgage industry is a relationship business and the leaders at SimpleNexus exemplify the reasons why this is a problem. The founders are nice enough guys- they're buddies from college that understand mortgages but not how to build a successful... SaaS business (i.e. recurring revenue model, managing customer acquisition costs, establishing product-market fit, etc.). They are way out of their depth on how to package, price, and market their offering. They know it and have high-priced leadership coaches and consultants (some of which are genuinely clueless but happen to have longstanding relationships). But this coaching just puts "lipstick on a pig" as they say. They hired top performing mid-market reps & a talented SaaS leader to build the team but dismissed 99% of the leader's input that would have established product-market fit. Result was sales reps that banked their careers on big promises but instead ended up starved for 6 months before mass layoffs and only 2 weeks severance. Kiss all that $ you spent on your high deductible insurance goodbye. But they'll keep paying high six-figures for their consultants & coaches... truly baffling. Sales reps should avoid at all costs.

Advice to Management

Pretty simple - Let go of your top-heavy, inexperienced president, coaches, and consultants. Use that money to hire talented SaaS leaders instead and actually try trusting them to do their job next time.

SimpleNexus2019-05-15

"Absolutely Phenomenal!"

I have been working at SimpleNexus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything Employee care Office Work Environment SimpleNexus maintains a healthy work to life ratio.

Cons

None! SimpleNexus really goes all out for their employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great drive!

SimpleNexus2019-03-01

"Still Loving It"

Current Employee - SDR in Sandy, UT

I have been working at SimpleNexus full-time for more than a year

Pros

I made a review a year ago, and had to do another one this year since it's been so exciting. I cant tell which is growing faster.... our company in general or my life skills/personal growth

Cons

Hard to keep track of every new hire since there;s so many each week

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I would drop what I'm doing to help any one of you at anytime. You've become my family away from home.

SimpleNexus2018-10-24

"Great growing company; bright future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SimpleNexus full-time for more than a year

Pros

SimpleNexus is in a fast-growth stage. Much of what we do is creating how this company is going to operate, and the culture we have. There's a lot of autonomy and ability to innovate, not only in your area, but across the company. Everyone's really nice and the company celebrations are fun. Often family/friends are invited to the parties.

Cons

As a growth company, not all the formal processes and procedures are established yet. Employees have to be self-motivated and communicate really well, which sounds great, but can be hard to do day in and day out. Fortunately, co-workers are awesome and really help out a ton.

Advice to Management

Stay on target... the opportunities are vast so prioritization is really important.

SimpleNexus2018-07-26

"Amazing Growth"

Client Success Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SimpleNexus for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been with Simplenexus for over 4 years. What a great ride! Growth has been amazing every year. Along with that company, growth has come new opportunities for me professionally as well as the rest of the team.

Cons

The only con I can think of is also related to the rate of growth. The customer base and the technology itself are both changing quickly. A self-starter type person will thrive at Simplenexus.

SimpleNexus2018-07-26