Simpleview Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Simpleview Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People come to work with positive attitudes and the whole company works toward improving efficiency and ensuring our clients have a positive experience with us.

Cons

They need to trust their floor generals more

Advice to Management

Always try to be aware of when you lack the knowledge to make the best decision and trust in your people to make the call.

Nov 13, 2017 – Director of HR and Org Development

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am glad to hear about the positive attitudes of our people.
    As a leadership team, we are working towards further developing our people... More

2. "Senior Interactive Designer"

I worked at Simpleview Inc. full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and pay was great for Tucson

Cons

Inconsistent Management and no oversight from C'levels on Directors

Jul 13, 2017 – Director of HR and Org Development

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We work hard to ensure that our employees are offered a competitive benefits package, and we constantly strive to come up with meaningful perks to... More

"Good if you are in the cool crowd"

I worked at Simpleview Inc. full-time

Pros

Decent benefits, mostly great people

Cons

Very cliquey culture that mostly promotes based on who likes you and who doesnt

Oct 10, 2017 – Director of HR and Org Development

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy that you enjoy your co-workers. You are right in that we have some tremendous people working for us... More

4. "Decent place to start a career"

I have been working at Simpleview Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid health insurance, decent amount of paid time off, good place to learn, fun environment (depending on department), mostly good co-workers, CEO is good.

Cons

low salaries, high stress

Jul 13, 2017 – Director of HR and Org Development

Thank you for the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you're enjoying your experience and your coworkers here. We are continuously updating our offerings to... More

5. "Loving it here"

I have been working at Simpleview Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work. Wonderful co-workers. Awesome managers. Great opportunities for advancement.Love the snack bar! The Food Trucks! Good work hours. A week off during Chrsitmas with pay! The Monday after Super Bowl we're closed! We get money "to get smarter every year". There's no reason to sit back and not advance in this company. Relaxed attire Mon-Fri.! Massages once a month! Company wide learning sessions with free pizza! What's not to love?

Cons

401K is a lame. Why does the co. match only start after a year? isn't that supposed to bring the company some sort of tax break? You have to wait one year and then you get a lame 3% match. You guys can do a lot better that this. Everything else is close to perfect, if not perfect, but the 401K ...seriously??? Look into it!

Advice to Management

Improve the 401k match and the timing of it all. Other than that...I got nothing. I'm loving it here

Jul 13, 2017 – Director of HR and Org Development

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your experiences and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with your team members and our unique work... More

"THE place to work in Tucson"

I have been working at Simpleview Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management and leadership team. A lot of terrific out-of-the-box initiatives to increase employee satisfaction and engagement. A never-ending supply of interesting work. A lot of team building, and bonding activities among departments and among employees. and the best part: a lot of opportunities for learning and professional development and movement (lateral and up-the-ladder).

Cons

Cannot think of any. A lot of work? I like a lot of work. Keeps the days interesting.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Stay open to new suggestions ,and implement promised initiatives.

Jul 13, 2017 – Director of HR and Org Development

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We care a lot about our employees and are dedicated to becoming the employer of choice in Tucson. We are so glad to hear that our... More

"Not As Bad As People Say"

Pros

The people. Hands down the best co-workers that you can ask for. Also, the benefits, perks (free coffee, food, team lunches, etc) are also above average. They also give you $2500 to spend on personal development (conferences, classes, college, etc). The company also shuts down for a week around the December holidays and each new employ starts out with 3 weeks of PTO. Pretty great.

The management in my experience has always been fair and given low preforming employees ample chances to develop their skills, or transfer to lower positions to train up, before letting them go.

Cons

Now to the bad. Hands down the worst thing about Simpleview is the pay. They really do take advantage of Tucson's cost of living to pay people the least amount they can. On top of that, the work load is unrelenting, especially over the last 6-8 months. This is leading to many good developers leaving and finding higher paying jobs elsewhere which only burdens the workload more by having to take man power away from projects to train new devs.

Advice to Management

Overall, things are pretty good. However, the best way to retain top talent in the Tucson area is to pay a decent wage and reward employees who go above and beyond every day. Also, better workstation computers for devs.

Jul 13, 2017 – Director of HR and Org Development

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are glad you enjoy many of our perks and benefits. I am excited to have joined the company. I have great plans to help grow it by... More

"Hard Work, Great Company!"

I have been working at Simpleview Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is very open and friendly. Great benefits and travel opportunities for a stable, growing company.

Cons

They only have one type of client Destination Marketing Organizations so the diversity of work is not very high and can get monotonous at times but this is broken up by a great work enviroment and awesome coworkers.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The openness is appreciated but remember to listen to your foot soldiers. They work directly with the day to day clients and have some great ideas to stay trending upward in the industry.

"Great people, Bad environment for developers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Simpleview Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredibly nice people. If you ever have any questions or need help with anything I think that every single person in the office would be willing to lend you a hand. I always felt that this would be a good area to focus on and allowing more opportunities for employee interaction (out of the office events) would have gone over well with such a nice group. The education budget was always fun to plan out and getting to goto a major conference every year with travel and ticket paid was a great perk and a great learning experience.

Cons

Cubicle environment, charges east coast prices for work and pays Tucson wages. While they are moving into more modern languages and frameworks you won't be touching anything that would ever bolster your resume at this company which, with how quickly everything moves, is basically tying an anchor around your neck as a developer. Any time taken off from learning and working with the latest and greatest tools is time that you are making yourself obsolete.

Definitely a sales oriented company with developers on the side. Most major perks of the job are given to sales people exclusively and developers are "encouraged" to never just work 8 hours a day but go the extra mile and work more. Your time will be scrutinized down to the minute.

If you are fresh out of school and have no idea what your development skills are worth or if you are older and don't want to bother learning any newer frameworks this could be the spot for you. If you are interested in advancing as a developer you can get double the salary doing better work for a better company heading to Casa Grande or Phoenix (or one of the two places in Tucson that are now paying competitively)

"Hard Work, Fun Industry, Smart Co-Workers, Not Perfect"

I have been working at Simpleview Inc. full-time

Pros

We get to work with destinations all over the world which is really cool. One minute you can be supporting an account in Australia, the next minute working with someone in Seattle. Plus, it's tourism related, so at the end of the day we are doing work that actually encourages people to take vacations. The work can be stressful due to working in multiple time zones and handling large scale web projects and complex CRM and web marketing needs, but it is hardly ever boring, and you learn a lot. The company also has a generous education benefit that is paid to every employee that we can use as we see fit to further our skills and knowledge. Don't come here expecting an easy work environment, you won't find it. Also, don't expect to always only have to work an 8 hour day, you won't find that either. However, my work days over 8 hours are few and far between. You just have to be ready and willing to put in the extra time when its needed.

Cons

Growing pains. Communication between departments isn't the best and you can tell that managers don't talk to each other as often as they probably should. Also, some of them are always talking about the "good old days" when the company was smaller, new people don't want to hear that. Look forward, not backwards. Also, the company is not very good about listening to ideas from new staff. Some of the best ideas come from an outside perspective, be willing to listen and adapt.

Advice to Management

Overall this is a good place to work. Encourage your managers to listen to ideas from new employees and foster an environment where hard work is rewarded. Special perks to those who do put in the extra time will go a long way.