Simplicity Laser Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2019

2.3
Simplicity Laser CEO  Erik Adams
Erik Adams
  1. "Good experience, very unorganized and make empty promises."

Former Employee - Tech

I worked at Simplicity Laser full-time for less than a year

Pros

Getting to laser everything, free treatments. You learn a lot.

Cons

SALES!!! Too aggressive with sales. If you want to sell something you believe in work somewhere else. Forcing people to buy a membership/product every time they come into the clinic is ridiculous. There are so many clients that when you go to rebook a new one it takes MONTHS to reschedule within the next time interval. They say you will make this much but you have to meet a ridiculous sales goal every month. Than... they cut you’re hours if you do not meet you’re goal.... uh then how are we ever supposed to meet it if we can only be there a short time. The sales turned co workers against each other and made it very unprofessional. Management was never there even when it was important. They should have two managers. Overworked but not payed for the extra things you have to do. It’s fast paced and time flies and you will get areas of all kind to work on coming out of school. I wouldn’t spend you’re whole career here. The turn over rate is ridiculously high. Some of the clients were great but the clients are rude. They will try to scam and steal to get anything for free and the techs not only have to give pre and post care, we have only five minuets for a Brazilian, and sell them on something, than rebook try and up sell product and now making sure they are not “shop lifting” Commission was ridiculous. If you like intense competitive sales than this place is for you. Good luck

Advice to Management

Get two managers. Get a manager that is actually there and not just leaving whenever all the time. Fulfill you’re promises and not leave them empty. Stop being money hungry...

Simplicity Laser2019-07-21
  2. "Prepare to work, you will be busy!"

Current Employee - Clinical Manager

I have been working at Simplicity Laser full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced, competitive and team oriented

Cons

It is easy to get behind if you are not on your game from start to finish

Simplicity Laser2019-04-25
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Terrible"

Former Employee - LASER TECHNICIAN

I worked at Simplicity Laser part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is okay. Enjoyed being in the beauty industry.

Cons

Don’t care at all about the client. Only care about sales. Constantly being threatened to be fired if you don’t hit your sales goal.

Advice to Management

Management is terrible.

Simplicity Laser2019-01-24
  5. "The CEO just walked away"

Former Employee - LASER TECHNICIAN

I worked at Simplicity Laser part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free laser treatments, I generally like the simple, clutter free look of the clinics, the lasers are my personal favorite but you're not encouraged to use settings that will actually produce results.

Cons

The CEO just up and resigned one day, I think that speaks volumes about the company. The company is practically run by women being the technicians and receptionists but it's not really a very women friendly environment. All of the major high up positions are held by men and I've never heard them interview a woman for a high position. The pay is awful, there is no PTO, sales are pushed so hard that there's a lot of... back biting. If you're the type of woman who is okay being underappreciated and thrives in a gossip filled, fake environment where responsibilities are shirked and everything is swept under the rug, you'll be fine. Don't expect to be a single income and be able to survive without a second job.

Advice to Management

Clean house and get rid of certain people who are always full of excuses and only work when someone new comes in and points out the faults. Be respectful towards women! Not only are they they majority of your clients, they are the ones hitting the floor every day making you money.

Simplicity Laser2018-02-21
  6. "Love where I work"

I have been working at Simplicity Laser full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast pace. Not meant for people who like a slower environment. You will learn a lot about customer service and time management. More detail training on how LHR works compared to what you get in school. You see success in those who try and those who don't try don't last long. So be ready to work

Cons

You're not guaranteed a lunch and a lot is put on you. Not that no wants to help you, it is just one of those things that it is up to you to be on top of everything. People do help when they can.

Advice to Management

Be willing to do more team bonding things. I think it will build the attitude better.

Simplicity Laser2017-12-29
  7. "Clinical"

I have been working at Simplicity Laser full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family oriented company, room to grow and get promoted throughout the company, positive energy and feedback all the way from the CEO and senior management to the employees in all the clinics. Wonderful place to work!

Cons

I have yet to find any...

Simplicity Laser2017-12-28
  8. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Lehi, UT

I worked at Simplicity Laser part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly and fast paced environment, flexible schedules, lots of training, plenty of resources available to help you succeed, small company feel, where you feel comfortable reaching out for help, constant sales contests and prizes, commission, closed holidays.

Cons

Hard to get full time hours, so no benefits. Not a lot of opportunities to grow unless you have an esthetician licence.

Advice to Management

Didn't get very much one on one training or quick touch bases outside of office meetings and emails. It would've been great to sit down once a week to go over my numbers, what went well, what didn't, and plan out the next week for success.

Simplicity Laser2017-12-19
  9. "Receptionist"

I worked at Simplicity Laser part-time

Pros

Able to get a lot of hours even though I was part time

Cons

The pay is way less then the techs but you make up for it in sales

Simplicity Laser2017-11-20

"Receptionist"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Simplicity Laser part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good hours if you want hours, which you need them since you only make $10.50 an hour. The work is easy, it's pretty much all busy work. Pull charts, send confirmation texts, write note. Experience, you get easy experience as a receptionist.

Cons

Sales. EVERYTHING revolve around sales. If you don't make sales , you are worthless to the company. It gets ugly with the staff because people steal sales trying to make goals. The pay is awful. For everything that goes on, we deserve more than $10.50 an hour. The worst part is there is no advancing in the company. No raises. The call center sucks. Again there only focus is sales too. They screw over the techs by... scheduling 10 min appts to 5 min appts causing us to be backed up. Scheduling is the worst I've ever seen. They are booked out months at a time because they keep taking in more new client with only three stores open in AZ. Clients get so mad because if they had to reschedule due to real life problems, they can't get in until next month. Also if a client doesn't show up they get charged a $20 fee, again ALL ABOUT MONEY. Our clients are all entitled. The company is still considered a medical field but if a client has to wait more than 10 mins, they complain. This company is all messed up. Please run, far far away.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together. The company could be so good if you cared more about the clients than money. And you could make more if you expand your stores.

Simplicity Laser2017-12-08
  11. "Run!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Simplicity Laser full-time

Pros

Free laser and Resume Builder

Cons

Management is horrible, very conniving and only care about sales. This company has no regard to their clients/customers nor their employees. They only want money money and more money. If you are not buying or selling you are irrelevant and even if you are selling you are only "liked " to sale more. They work your fingers diwn to the bone and spit on you like you are nothing. There only motive is money. There is no... training fir technicians.... just get in there and get yoyr clients out fast oh and can you pull a double. No benefits even if you are full time. This place is a nightmare! Run, run, run!

Advice to Management

Stand for what is right.

Simplicity Laser2017-11-13