Simply Measured Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Michael Wasyluka

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The culture was my favorite thing about joining Simply Measured (in 9 reviews)

• Compared to other startups, the work-life balance is exceptional and we hear a LOT about how the company is doing (in 4 reviews)

1. "Solid Experience"

I worked at Simply Measured full-time

Pros

Fun, hardworking environment with lots of interesting data challenges and a variety of use cases. For the most part, great, motivated people willing to help each other out and maintain a positive vibe.

Cons

Quite a bit of complacency, which is a problem given the fierce competition in the social analytics market and the company's considerable problems with churn. Key (often long-time) employees leaving the firm also doesn't bode well.

Advice to Management

Make accountability a real initiative beyond just words. Make sure that all teams, from engineering to product to marketing and customer success, are held responsible for clear progress on core goals, and take concerted steps to correct failures and/or imbalances when prioritized goals aren't met.

2. "Simply Measured values PEOPLE"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. Simply Measured values the people of their company more than most. Managers instill trust in their colleagues, creating a collaborative and honest work environment for all. Starting from the top with our amazing CEO, Michael, the culture of Simply Measured is one that could be packaged and trained across all industries. Overall, I've never felt more comfortable knowing I want to be with a company for as long as I can.

Cons

Over-saturated market and an industry that demands constant update/innovation of products. However, that's what we signed up for, so challenge accepted!

Advice to Management

Create a more external view into how great our people truly are.

"Account Development Representative"

Current Employee - Account Development Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management's trust in their employees
    Open environment
    Learning and growing opportunities
    The way they challenge you to strengthen your weaknesses
    Constant constructive feedback
    Surrounded by people who are fun and also smart in their own way
    Diversity in personalities
    Perks
    Honestly the list goes on...

Cons

I wish the parking situation was better

Advice to Management

This company doesn't get enough credit for the recent transition it went through in management and certain members of teams. Since I started in April of 2017 I've heard about the stories of how it used to be back then. I was kind of caught off guard when I heard about it and I think seeing it now played into that reaction I had. I've payed my dues of working at jobs that weren't exactly reason I got out of bed in the morning, but I must say this place has been eye-opening to me. Like many of you, I read these very same reviews on glassdoor and did my research before applying and to my surprise as I'm looking back now - I'm grateful to be here working with these people. An example I'll share with you to give you a peek at what it's like here: Every week my manager sits down with me one-on-one and just talks with me (about anything I want too) and really listens to me. He does this with everyone on my team. One time he was headphones in and busting out emails when I walked up to him and before I began to formulate words he immediately stopped, took out his headphones, and gave me his full attention right then. This is just a fraction of my daily experience working with these people. They care so much about who they work next to. So in the end, my advice to management: you made the right changes. Keep doing what your doing. I thought this was worth sharing with you guys.

"We're on the right track"

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Loyal customers
    - Executive leadership
    - Passionate and engaged teams

Over the past few years we have experienced a lot of change. But in the world of a start-up, nothing is constant. I realize this environment is not for everyone, but if you're passionate about solving real business problems and seeing the direct impact of your work, Simply Measured is the place to be. I can honestly say I've grown more professionally here than I could have imagined.

Cons

As with any start-up there are many unknowns. At times this has been extremely frustrating, but coming out on the other side is so rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to push the envelope for how we can better serve the customer. If we can win here, everything else will fall into place.

"Excited to be here!"

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the few companies which truly cares about investing in learning & growth of its employees. Awesome opportunities, open mindset to try new things & learn from failure, great work life balance and some real smart colleagues to question and challenge you to push yourself for the better <-- things that make you want to go to work everyday!

Cons

Nothing I can think of . They really are doing some cool stuff to take the product to the next level.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

"The work experience of a lifetime"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Simply Measured has been a roller coaster ride. I'm happy to report that this company is a better place to work now than at any other point during my tenure. Michael (CEO) and his leadership team have made massive improvements over the past year or so.

-Leadership team legitimately cares about employees and customers. Data-driven decisions are being made. Culture has become a focal point. Cross team collaboration continues to improve. There are rockstars in every dept.
    -Culture on the sales floor is totes ridiculous! These people have fun, support each other, and work hard to stack up wins. Sales leadership provides a lot of support, never micromanagement. Clear career path from SDR to AE or CSM. Top performers move up quickly and earn bonuses. Did I mention people have a lot of fun? The team is going to crack up when they read "totes" in a Glassdoor review for the first time.
    -Culture across the rest of the company is also great. Most people who work here seem to make lifelong friends. A lot of people get together after work to play other Seattle startups at softball, kickball, basketball, etc. Others prefer to drink together. Others do both.
    -Vacation policy: take the time you need, we trust you!
    -Cool office, walking distance to Pike Place, view of Elliott Bay. I watched some guy parasail around the sound while I was on a sales call yesterday.
    -Snacks on Snacks on Snacks. Greek yogurt, beef jerky, Peanut M&Ms.

Cons

Startup life is hard and Simply Measured is not immune. The journey has been challenging, but also rewarding. There have been setbacks. There have been bold bets that didn't pay off. There have been times where we've failed to live up to our values. BUT, as I mentioned earlier, this company has bounced back better than ever! The people at Simply Measured today make it an incredible place to work.

Advice to Management

“Any business with delighted customers has a sales force they won’t have to pay; You don’t see them, but they are talking to people all the time.” -Warren Buffett

Keep making improvements to delight customers. Push the envelope to deliver the features that social marketers are begging for. Wrap human support around software to help people do their jobs better. Never tolerate anything short of 5 star service.

7. "Growing pains, but happy now"

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time

Pros

I love the people I work with, and enjoy coming to work every day. I am constantly being challenged, but also feel supported. I love the work I do. I think we're on the right track with our leadership.

Cons

In an increasingly competitive environment, we will have to push product out more quickly if we want to win.

Advice to Management

Keep speed and focus in engineering/product and we can't lose.

"Good and getting better"

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time

Pros

Strong culture, great vacation policy, on-site food and snack, and continuously improving.

Cons

Office location is nice but getting there can be a pain because of traffic.

Advice to Management

Focus and invest on new innovative features on the tech side.

"Mistake from the start."

I worked at Simply Measured full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch
    Cool office
    Zero accountability/unlimited time off (take full advantage they don't care)

Cons

Leadership
    Accountability
    No drive

Advice to Management

"sales leader" is spineless and afraid of conflict.
    Company works completely backwards. Marketing and sales development are praised while actual sales team has zero success. Team hit goal 1 time in 1 year and everyone is ok with that. Sales floor is run like a daycare, screams of inexperience with zero leadership or training.

Simply Measured Response

Jun 5, 2017 – VP of Sales

I appreciate you sharing observations from your time on our team so that we can proactively work to resolve any issues.

When leading a team, everyone looks for something a bit different. In that... More

"Healthy work environment"

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time

Pros

Smart, flexible, engaging, inspiring environment

Cons

Inexperienced professionals, not enough accountability

Advice to Management

Continue educating staff