Simpson Housing Reviews

Updated May 15, 2020

4.1
Simpson Housing CEO Bob Love (no image)
Bob Love
Pros
  • "Great Benefits and Pay, Great PTO Policy(in 12 reviews)

• "Very supportive in terms of career growth, benefits package, and work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There was a lot of nepotism involving upper management(in 4 reviews)

• "NO room for any advance to upper positions(in 3 reviews)

1. "Amazing communities, company culture and leadership"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Simpson Housing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

High-quality apartment communities in desirable cities. Great leadership that listens to onsite management. Best PTO package I have found with any company. Competitive salary and bonus structure.

Cons

Growth can be a challenge and often requires moving cities/states. It is a relatively small company with a less aggressive growth strategy than many othercompanies and sometimes is a bit conservative with employee development.

Simpson Housing2020-05-15

May 18, 2020Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you are enjoying Simpson and are having a great experience! If you wish to discuss your feedback further, provide additional details, or discuss your career path with Simpson, please reach out to our People Services department.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Maintenance Lead in Denver, CO

I have been working at Simpson Housing full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and Pay, Great PTO Policy

Cons

Organization and Communication on property level

Simpson Housing2020-05-07

May 11, 2020Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you are enjoying Simpson and are having a great experience! If you wish to discuss your feedback further or provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

3. "Best Company Ever!!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Simpson Housing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything! LOL from management, to pay, to benefits, everything is great! I aspire to one day dive into property management as an owner and I will definitely be implementing a lot, if not all of what I've learned with this company with my own company. The communication is great. They truly do treat employees with respect and as if they are family. The properties are all well-kept and beautiful and every staff member I've worked with/met are professional and such joys to be around. I've worked with multiple communities and with multiple property management companies and I can definitely say Simpson Housing is hands down the best. I am more than happy that I was able to come onboard.

Cons

I can think of none.

Simpson Housing2020-04-23

April 27, 2020Employee Relations Professional

4. "A great overall company!"

I worked at Simpson Housing full-time

Pros

Simpson has some wonderful people who really care about you! They have an amazing benefit’s package and pay well!

Cons

The company went through a recent transition that caused some issues with the communication and moral company wide. Leadership will need to spend time building culture and creating up to date and innovative policies and procedures.

Simpson Housing2020-04-09

April 13, 2020Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you enjoyed Simpson! If you wish to discuss your feedback further or provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

5. "They Had a Chance to Seperate Themselves and Blew It"

1.0
    Current Employee - Leasing

I have been working at Simpson Housing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, good paid time off policy, decent pay

Cons

horrendous management structure, apparent low emphasis on integrity and "doing the right thing"

Simpson Housing2020-03-24

March 30, 2020Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. If you wish to discuss your concerns further and provide additional feedback, please reach out to our corporate office.

6. "Not Progressive"

1.0
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Simpson Housing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Predominantly female run. No other positives since I have to write 5 words or more.

Cons

No diversity. There’s one person of color at the corporate office and she’s in accounting. I guess the HR lady is also a person of color. No room for improvement. All of the higher ups have been there for more than 18 years and will be there until they die. Oh and don’t counter the offer they give in the initial offer letter they’ll view you as “greedy”. A 5% ask in increase is not greedy. Also there is no benefit to having an employee lease. They still run your credit and background after already doing so for your preemployment checks. They also don’t send the offer letter until after they submit background information. Their hiring process overall is a mess. Also, don’t ask questions for clarification. The regionals will view you as unfit or unqualified for a job. Their employees are subpar at best and the worst leasing experience ever. Simpson could do and be so much more.

Simpson Housing2020-02-03

February 10, 2020Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. If you wish to discuss your employment further and provide additional feedback, please reach out to our corporate office.

7. "great company"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Simpson Housing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

training, upper management cares and employees generally are happy

Cons

low opportunities for advancement but they do like to promote from within.

Simpson Housing2019-09-24

September 30, 2019Employee Relations Professional

8. "Great place"

I worked at Simpson Housing full-time

Pros

Culture, people, work-life balance, great health insurance and 401K match

Cons

Somewhat low pay, limited growth,

Simpson Housing2019-06-12

August 16, 2019Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you enjoyed your employment with Simpson. If you wish to discuss your feedback further and provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

9. "Very supportive environment"

Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Simpson Housing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very supportive in terms of career growth, benefits package, and work/life balance. Many folks at the company have tenure of 10+ years.

Cons

Transparency from upper level management can sometimes be limited

Simpson Housing2019-03-25

March 25, 2019Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you enjoy Simpson. If you wish to discuss your feedback further and provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

10. "Great company"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Simpson Housing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great commissions , Great benefits and decent insurance

Cons

Hourly is very low and advancement is nonexistant

Simpson Housing2019-02-18

March 7, 2019Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you enjoyed your time with Simpson. If you wish to discuss your employment further and provide additional feedback, please reach out to our corporate office.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 65 Reviews