Simpson Housing Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

3.7
Simpson Housing CEO Bob Love (no image)
Bob Love
Pros
  • "Great Benefits and Pay, Great PTO Policy(in 12 reviews)

• "Simpson was such a great company to work for(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There was a lot of nepotism involving upper management(in 4 reviews)

• "Only a few properties in the area, with long term management, no room for advancement until someone retires(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wake up and know your contributions are acknowledged and you have a voice!

May 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

From day one in this industry I was hooked but it took almost two decades to find the right culture that made me love my job. On my first day I shared an elevator with a person who calmed my nerves right away. I’m sure he could tell I was nervous, but he was nothing but kind and genuine and ensured me that I made the right move. Later I found out it was the CEO, Todd Pope. What a first day, but it says a lot that on a day that is typically surrounded by the stress to impress, this encounter was the one that calmed my nerves and validated my choice with Simpson. Everyday since I’ve seen the same from every department and team. You will make a difference! If you show a drive and dedication. This will be acknowledged, supported, rewarded. Previous reviews touch on the tenure of corporate positions creating obstacles for growth. I love the fact that the devotion is awarded, but I do have to add that in the few years I’ve been with Simpson I’ve been promoted twice and at a much faster pace than the last few companies I’ve been at prior I have to add that Simpson invests in their teams. Twice a year the office team gets an apparel stipend and maintenance gets new uniforms (including new shoes)! Simpson also invests in building bench strengths. I’ve achieved two certifications through the NAA for my role and future roles without any cost. Great company with Class A communities.

Cons

I really don’t have any qualms that wouldn’t be overweighted by all the pros.

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you are enjoying your time with Simpson! If you wish to discuss your feedback or provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A good company that is experiencing some growing pains.

Apr 28, 2021 - Property Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits Clear policies and procedures Easy to find department contacts Great communication down the line

Cons

Onboarding could be more thorough Management is not eligible for commissions, but is expected to still do sales Salary is low Experiencing growing pains Not all regions are managed equally Employee recognition has decreased over the years Inflexibility with employee pay can make filing vacancies difficult

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and would love to learn more about your experience. If you wish to discuss your feedback further or provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company to develop a career with!

Jan 22, 2021 - Property Manager in Franklin, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive of family needs; develop and train employees; promote from within and will grow employees that give their all; Fantastic and fair PTO system; better salary rates than industry standards; support NAA causes and courses

Cons

Company is very spread out, and some areas don't function as well as others; growing pains typical for smaller companies trying to expand--there are times when 'sop' overrides common sense. It can be difficult to move into higher positions since so many employees stay with the company. Often a move is required for a promotion

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you are enjoying Simpson! If you wish to discuss your feedback or provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible

Apr 29, 2021 - Leasing Agent in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Money is good if you work hard

Cons

They don't care about their employees well being

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lack of trust & toxic environment

Jan 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commission payouts are great (when you’re paid them), team dinners, clothing stipend, my regional manager was very supportive and encouraging.

Cons

Toxic environment, community management will not encourage or guide you to expand your knowledge. If you are not a manager you are considered basically a nobody from upper management. I was supposed to be paid out for my commission for the last month of leases I secured and I was not paid. Emailed multiple contacts to help get this resolved and have not received a response from any in over a week. The company dealt with COVID terribly, allowed 2 weeks paid if you were diagnosed but quickly changed it to unpaid and having to use PTO. Intentionally cut corners during COVID resulting in a higher bonus/incentive for the company. Upper management takes credit for the work you do while they receive bonuses, dinners, and recognition. No room for growth. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Upon reviewing your concern with our management team, they have been in touch and remedied the concerns you mentioned that you brought to their attention. If you wish to discuss your concerns further and provide additional feedback, please reach out to our People Services department.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Jan 19, 2021 - Maintenance Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyed the coworkers and my regional

Cons

Not really any major cons in comparison to fellow rivals

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you enjoyed Simpson! If you wish to discuss your feedback or provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible Pandemic Handling ON TOP of being a great company

Jun 30, 2020 - Leasing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been here two years. Benefits are very decent including PTO, retirement is easy and matched! Corporate attitude is amazing from top down, easy to contact and so pleasant to deal with. Great company culture. I cannot stress enough how well this company has handled a pandemic- caring for its staff, residents, vendors and delivery services. Social distancing taken seriously from top (CEO to part time hourly) down. Celebrates real hourly employee work annually with national awards.

Cons

Promotions seem to be non existent. I know they are there, but few and far in between. Not able to promote at one single property.

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you are enjoying Simpson and are having a great experience! If you wish to discuss your feedback or your career path with Simpson, please reach out to our People Services department.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Company Ever!!

Apr 23, 2020 - Leasing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything! LOL from management, to pay, to benefits, everything is great! I aspire to one day dive into property management as an owner and I will definitely be implementing a lot, if not all of what I've learned with this company with my own company. The communication is great. They truly do treat employees with respect and as if they are family. The properties are all well-kept and beautiful and every staff member I've worked with/met are professional and such joys to be around. I've worked with multiple communities and with multiple property management companies and I can definitely say Simpson Housing is hands down the best. I am more than happy that I was able to come onboard.

Cons

I can think of none.

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you are enjoying Simpson and are having a great experience! If you wish to discuss your feedback further or provide additional details, please reach out to our People Services department.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing communities, company culture and leadership

May 15, 2020 - Community Manager in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

High-quality apartment communities in desirable cities. Great leadership that listens to onsite management. Best PTO package I have found with any company. Competitive salary and bonus structure.

Cons

Growth can be a challenge and often requires moving cities/states. It is a relatively small company with a less aggressive growth strategy than many othercompanies and sometimes is a bit conservative with employee development.

Employee Relations Professional

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review and are happy that you are enjoying Simpson and are having a great experience! If you wish to discuss your feedback further, provide additional details, or discuss your career path with Simpson, please reach out to our People Services department.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

They were to this day the BEST to work for

Jul 14, 2020 - Property Manager in Banning, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They loved the employees and made sure all tools were provided.

Cons

I really have none other then they closed the PM side down.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 Reviews