Simpson Strong-Tie Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Simpson Strong-Tie President and CEO Karen W. Colonias
Karen W. Colonias

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Positive work environment and and great dynamic team (in 7 reviews)

• Amazing company with great benefits and opportunities for development and growth (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Longevity in same position, limited opportunity for advancement, but, occasional bonuses, festive activities to demonstrate employer appreciation (in 2 reviews)

• Branch Management and the project managers have absolutely no idea what they are doing running a software company (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love working at Branch 23. Excellent culture. Opportunity for growth."

Current Employee - Administrator in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Administrator in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Simpson Strong-Tie part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent management. Great training. Work place environment very enjoyable. Employees help each other. Fun department parties. Friendly co-workers. Quarterly bonuses something to look forward to. This is a company to stay.

Cons

I can't think of many cons for working at branch 23. It has been a wonderful experience. There are some employees who have been at the same job for close to 10 years. There needs to be a career path for these people so they don't get stale at their jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Amazing Culture and Endless Opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Simpson Strong-Tie full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No Equal Culture, Great Benefits, Company Profit Sharing, Learning is encourages, Creativity, Wellness Program, Gym, Fun Family Atmosphere, Endless Development Opportunities, Coffee Bar

Being at Simpson Strong-Tie for over 14 years, I can easily say that there are endless opportunities for anyone who wants it. Regardless of where you start or what skills and experience you may have there are always chances for advancement and development. Internal training and mentorship is a constant and external training is always open to anyone. There is a teamwork atmosphere like mine I've experienced at any other company. Everyone has a common goal of exceeding customers expectations and a servant mentality. With the common goal, everyone across departments and even across branches around the world are excited to help with whatever is necessary to make it happen. Management is in a constant state of development and growth; always trying to learn. Succession planning is a focus and performance management helps give management and employees the tools to grow. The culture is fun and inclusive regardless or title or department. Many employees hang out often and have become great friends outside of work. Many customers and employees have become great friends also. Incredible benefits include vacation and sick pay, tuition reimbursement, AMAZING medical, dental, vision, chiropractic programs, wellness program where positive health and lifestyle choices are encouraged, discounts, great work/life balance, and so much more. People rarely leave the company because of the culture and ever-changing possibilities. I can't recommend Simpson enough for anyone who wants to be excited to go to work each day, make great products, and have fun in your career.

Cons

Sometimes change can be hard for some but welcome for others, sometimes there is too much free food

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on development, constantly learn and grow, encourage change and creativity, listen, never lose the fun

3. "A Great Place To Build A Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Simpson Strong-Tie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Simpson has a great culture empowering its team and focused on providing "no equal" product quality and customer service. In addition, Simpson offers competitive benefits and recognizes individual and group achievements.

Cons

The company is growing prompting significant changes to accommodate.

4. "Management"

I have been working at Simpson Strong-Tie full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people! Amazing company with great benefits and opportunities for development and growth. The company has been growing and setting the foundation for more and more growth to come. They are constantly trying to do better for their employees and their customers. The servant mentality is alive and well and the team continues to seek bigger and better.

Cons

Sometimes growth and change can hurt at the time but it is all for the good of the company and its employees.

5. "Northern California National Accounts Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Simpson Strong-Tie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible and sensitive to personal work life balance

Cons

It sometimes gives the corporate feel

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

6. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at Simpson Strong-Tie full-time

Pros

Flexible management team. Positive work environment and and great dynamic team.

Cons

Hourly, full time employees only work 7.5 hours and there are no overtime.

7. "Blessed with the Simspon Strong-Tie Connection"

Current Employee - Regional Warehouse Manager in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Warehouse Manager in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Simpson Strong-Tie full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Simpson creates a culture that makes you feel like you belong. It doesn't matter if you are new or have been with the company over 20 years you will feel valued. As a member of the management team its such a great feeling that we have the ability to truly help new and existing team members achieve success and find their dream job. For me, the true success has been having the ability to help others in their career development. The fantastic benefits with a fully company funded retirement plan and very competitive pay helps set the stage for a great place to work. I can say that after 20 plus years I still like coming to work. I contribute that to all the great people that I get to work with every day. Thank you Simpson for being part of my life!

Cons

Not everyone will be a fit for our organization. However, If you are willing to work hard, success is achievable.

Advice to Management

We need to do everything we can to keep this great culture that Mr. Simpson created for us alive. As we grow, Its so important that we keep this small family company feel we have now.

8. "Truly a one-of-a-kind company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Simpson Strong-Tie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company really does value each employee's contributions. Everyone takes their jobs seriously, but knows not to take themselves too seriously. This really is a fantastic place to work.

Cons

No complaints! Great company to be a part of

9. "Human Resource Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I worked at Simpson Strong-Tie part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer great benefits, promote from within the company, and they seem more like a family than co-workers.

Cons

They don't have a lot of job openings.

Advice to Management

They should expand their Human Resource Department

"Territory Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Riverside, CA

I worked at Simpson Strong-Tie full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great products and a solid team of engineers and other support staff. Company literature is very well maintained. Marketing team does an amazing job. He best thing about this company is their support staff. From customer service and quotes to manufacturing and order pullers, they all do a tremendous job.

Cons

Very hard to fit in amongst the sales team. Your recognition is based more on popularity and relationships with sales managers than it is based on actual performance. If you don't enjoy heavy drinking and certain types of humor involving personal insults directed at others, this probably isn't the place for you. The management seems to reward team members who put company loyalty before personal integrity.

Advice to Management

Set highest expectations of professionalism for your sales team and managers. Look for and recognize those with great results involving customers satisfaction, effectively communicating with internal staff, overall time management and organization. Look to understand what each sales person truly does with their day and make adjustments as needed. Have same or higher expectations for yourselves as you do your sales people in all areas of responsibility.